“The best around!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant/bar serving freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine located along the Trent Mersey canal, where you can dine 'al fresco' weather permitting. We have a set lunch and 'lite bite' options. We also serve traditional Sunday roasts plus live vocalist every Friday evening from 9pm. We cater for all occasions and dietary requirements. We have a large car park plus disabled access and facilities.
“The best around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

*****highly reccomended*****

Our favourite place to eat! Always a warm friendly welcome and excellent service! Great menu with lots of choice and staff are always willing to recommend a dish!
We ate here on valentines evening and had an excellent meal, even though the staff were very busy they still made the time to make us feel special and gave the same excellent service as try always do! I had a lovely chicken dish and My partner had the fillet which was cooked perfect (and made me wish I had gone for that!).
Will defiantly return!!!!

Rugeley, United Kingdom
“For people who enjoy good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Having used the restaurant many many times, my husband and I decided to take some visiting family for a meal, nine of us in total, we had the same warm welcome, we always have, we all ordered our meals, Which were served by the waiteress, who are always polite and friendly,The chef came to see if everything was alright ,Our family all agreed that this was the best meal they had had for a very long time.
My husband and I had a special occasion and we asked if the chef could put together a special meal for us, we left the chef to decide what he would do,WOW,what a meal we had
We had no worries leaving the chef to decide what we would eat because we have tried
everything on the menu , all meals cooked and served to a high standed .

Stafford, United Kingdom
“romantic what a night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

never been here before we stumbled on this resturant. looking for somewhere to eat what a treat.we were greeted by a lovely man the owner i think he said he was a chef.he recomended the wine which was out of this world even my husband enjoyed it an he dont like wine.ihad the mussels an my husband had the soup the likes we have never tasted before. the lovely man recommended the rossini to me as i love steak iwas in ore every mouthful was mouth watering my husband had the lamb. sadly we did not have room for puds. the man playing the music played for us was magical loved every minute thank you for a fab night out

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“not good enough”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have been to the plum pudding on several occasions and always enjoyed the food and atmosphere of the place,but not this time..My husband and i went for our valentines evening,when our main course arrived my food was not very warm,so i asked the waiter if the sauce that my tornado rossini came with should be cool,she said no so i told her mine was and she took it back. 10 minutes later it came back but to my disapointment was the same again not really any different...so the waitress again took it back into the kitchen.....on the third time it came back to me well what can i say,the creamy sauce was just running all over the plate like gravy,i picked the steak up which had reduced in thickness by half and there was no cruton with the pate underneath the steak. By this time my husband was really getting angry and upset because he had eaten his and i hadnt had mine. My husband asked to see Guiseppe the owner and he was quite rude to us, het old us that he would take the price of my meal off the bill. We were suposed to have had a free aperitif but that didnt happen either and as we were paying Guiseppe was standing at the bar and we never even got an apology......Bad customer service for sure. If it had been a cheap meal it wouldnt have been so bad but when your paying £22.00 just for a main course you do expect it to be good.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

warm friendly welcome, huge squidgy sofa, good service drinks first then taken through into the restaurant, we had a pram with us, so they seated us with plenty of room for people to get past and not inconcenience other diners. Starter was garlic bread and from the first mouthful i knew the meal was going to be delicious flavours. Main was pork with apricot sauce which was mouth watering, at first i thought the meal size was small, but it turned out to be perfect because we had 3 courses and were not uncomfortably full. The side orders of vegetables and lightly fried potatoes were perfectly cooked i would recommend. I agree that breadsticks in a packet is abit cheap - but thats how they do it in Italy !

• Visited October 2011