“Tried once but nothing Good to go back again” 3 of 5 stars

+44 1923 840157
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Namaste Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 30 restaurants in Northwood
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to the Newly Refurbished Namaste Lounge.
“Tried once but nothing Good to go back again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Tables too close and compact.food ok. Portion of the chili paneer very dissapointing counted only 14 cubes of paneer and tons of onions and green/ red peppers. Service very slow concidering only a few diners.complained about the portion but no feedback no manager approach. I won't be going back neither would recommend this restaurant. I wonder if the management ever read these reviews? They should otherwise I suspect will shut down only a matter of time!

50% Recommend
“Service, what service?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Good points first.
The food..... In general most of us (7 people) found the food to be of a good standard.

Bad points now.
Service, or total lack of it! To get service here you have to go and ask at the bar for a waiter to come and take your food drinks order, that`s everytime you want to order anything, then you wait for the waiter, then once order has been taken, you wait, and wait for drink or food, then you go to the bar and say, where are the drinks we ordered 30 mins ago, where is the food we ordered an hour ago?
I`ll admit i did not look at reviews before booking, bad mistake!!
Oh and they have a disco on Saturday evenings, so if you want a quiet meal, forget it!!
This place is just about the worst restaurant i have had the displeasure of dining at.
Never again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Worst staff ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I sat at a table and was asked to move during my main serving. I have also had issues with handing money over the bar and not receiving all my change. The atmosphe is very clicks. The food is very good though. They just need new staff.

“Terrible manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The food here is fairly good whilst the service Is at best average. The manager is terrible at her job, she is so rude it's unbelievable that the owner still employs her as virtually every review website for this restaurant heavily criticises her. Her attitude is so bad and you can spot her straight away she has a face like thunder and it's like she doesn't want to be there. I dared to criticise her manner and she became very abusive towards me I have honestly never seen anything like it! I will defiantly be avoiding from now on which is a shame as this venue could be very good if they sacked the manager and had someone managing the waiting staff more effectively.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Decent food bad....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Namaste Lounge is one of our local Indian restaurants and we have been regular either with the family or friends from my kids schools (dads or moms nights out etc). Service was never been great but during the recent visits it went from average to unacceptable.
We visited Namaste with few friends last Sunday night. We did book in advance so as to make sure there was no issues arriving etc.
To start with it took ages to take our order. Also it took ages to bring us drinks (should have been easier to go to the bar and get them ourselves) and when we order food it took over 1h to arrive (the starters ....) and another 45' from the mains... On top of that certain things were missing and we had to ask again and the raita came at the end after we have finished our main and complaint.... To be fair to the waiters they were tying hard but everything looked completely disorganized and the restaurant was packed. Looks like the management wanted maximum revenue for the night ignoring the fact that without decent service customers do not return . One other thing we have notice is that takeaway orders were coming and going quickly (we did not count them but that what it looked like) which shows the priorities of the night
After been going to Namaste for years now I am thinking (and that view is been shared by a lot of my friends) to look elsewhere for our nights out etc. There are a couple of more excellent Indian restaurants at a close distance and when I tried one of them recently with a large group of friends the service was fantastic. So the question here to the management of Namaste is why I should return back ? Currently I see no reason....

• Visited July 2012