Returned for another stay, having had a great experience the last time.
The room we had was on the roadside, which was noisy early evening but quite enought later on and no problem in the mornings. It had an electric shower which was not hot enough only luke warm, even when turned on to full heat . I raised this with the owner when checking out.
Otherwise we had a very good stay, the staff once again were very friendly. Highlight has to be the evening meal, which was excellent. We were two couples and everyone agreed that all three courses were cooked and presented to perfection, a credit to the young chef.
All in all it was excellent value for money and we hope to return in the near future.
PS. Very convienient for Canterbury and the theatre etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Horse in Boughton-under-Blean is a historic inn and restaurant with more than its fair share to offer guests. Not only is this ancient coaching inn mentioned in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, but its location in a glorious village surrounded by hop field lined walks to Mount Ephraim Gardens and the site of The Peasant’s Last Revolt recommend this excellent stop before one even ventures inside. As you may well hope, The White Horse is beautifully traditional inside, with roaring log fires, low-beamed ceilings and a cosy, intimate feel. Meanwhile, outside beautiful landscaping has turned a pleasant pub garden in to an Englishman’s dream. Our locally sourced British food has elevated The White Horse to gastropub levels with our chefs combination of creativity and talent, providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy high level food in the most comfortable of atmospheres. Sunday lunches take place weekly and jazz suppers are a regular occasion featuring award-winning vocalist Christine Tobin. Located in a village but within easy reach of the channel crossings and many local attractions such as Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Leeds Castle, golf courses, beaches, nature reserves and zoo's, the White Horse is an ideal place to stay to explore the wonderful Kent countryside. And if walking, there are many stunning walking routes on our doorstep. We welcome walkers, cyclists, dogs and families! Our 13 bedrooms are beautiful with everything you would expect from a modern hotel, including free wi-fi, extensive parking, disabled access, restaurant and bar. The combination of the pub’s history and first-class service guarantees return visits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Horse Hotel Boughton-Under-Blean
- The White Horse Inn Boughton-Under-Blean, Kent