“Brilliant Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Walkden, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Been to this pub quite a few times and found a lovely place for food and drink. For those mentioning food, don't expect to get perfect food and service on a busy day! The staff are brilliant, especially a blonde tall girl named Sarah. All the food and drinks are at a good reasonable price and there is something for everyone.

Visited July 2012

hornchurch
“Newly acquired by Wetherspoons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was visiting Worsley to visit my parents and see my brother. I had never been in The Bulls Head prior to being acquired by Wetherspoons, but my brother had, and we were interested to see what it was like. We have both been in other Wetherspoons in other areas, and this pub has been done up very well. Comfortable seating, a mixtuure of soft seating and bar stool seating, and plenty of real ale choice. The staff were pleasant as was the overall atmosphere. I note from other reviews that some complain about the sevice when ordering food and the pub is full (on this occasion it was Mothers day). I see the same in my local Wetherspoon pub. All I would say is if you want silver sevice, go to a restaurant and pay for it. As for no veg with 'simply steak' meal, read the menu - it is steak and chips, no more. I liked the pub. Well done Wetherspoons.

Visited April 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“lack of staff and real ale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I visit regularly for a swift sherbert or two and on each occassion there is always a lack of bar staff which results in waiting at the bar for 10-15 minutes. Although there is a vast array of real ale half of them are off due to running out of beer. The bar manager does apologise but sometimes this is just not good enough as it is a regular occurance.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not good, not good at all.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We went here for a family get together I ordered a pint of Fosters to be told it isn't on. I ordered a Ribeye steak to be medium and other family members ordered their selections, when my meal came the steak was very well done, I complained and the server took it away all other meals came, I waited and waited, I asked where my meal was, the server said it'll return in a few more minutes, everyone had by now finished their meals and still no meal for me, the server then said they forgot mine.
5 minutes later a steak arrived for me and guess what? It was again well done. I just left it, then I went to the toilets to wash my hands and I cut my hand on the handrail.

All in all it was a disaster.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Salford, United Kingdom
“Young at heart”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Usual bland pub grub but i have had much worse and the service and quailty were ok

Visited July 2011