“Finest dining!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Walkden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years and in that time has made its mark on the fine dining community by winning several awards. We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
“Finest dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to Grenache but it certainly won't be our last. Starters of foie gras terrine and cheese soufflé followed by lamb and fillet steak were wonderful. We shared the excellent cheeseboard for desert. Little touches like the gazpacho with lemon oil and the melon, ginger and lime granita made a perfect meal. A good wine list and ambience makes this a great place to visit. Lyndsey and the staff are friendly and welcoming but professional. Thank you! Cannot recommend Grenache highly enough and can't wait for our next visit. Paul K

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Perfect food, service and evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

i went for a meal to Grenache on the 4th May with my partner and her mother, It was the second time we had been and yet again everything about the evening was excellent.

Hussein the owner and his team were as attentive as before and the food itself was even better than the first time, if that's possible!!

If I sat here and explained how all dishes/courses were I would be here all day, but all three courses we had along with the amuse bouche and palette cleansing Lemon Posset were unbelievably good and not one of us could fault anything about everything we had.

This restaurant is well worth the trip away from some of the pompous, overpriced and frankly dull restaurants in Manchester City Centre and Huss and his team should be proud of what they have achieved here.

Everyone MUST try this place.

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

You are definitely in for a warm welcome at Grenache, we celebrated my birthday here and as previously mentioned as soon as Hus overheard this I was surprised with complimentary drinks. The food is sublime, beautifully presented and tastes just as good as it looks.
I can fully understand the praise and awards this little gem received everyone of them is well deserved.
We even bought a bottle of the wine to bring home, Hus is very knowledgeable and we spent a good while talking with him about his search and high standards for the wine as well as the food.

We will be returning, it's not local but worth travelling too!!!

• Visited July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent excellent excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been to your restaurant 3 times and think you are all very professional, the food is sooooo good, the service is bloody brill and the place is spotless don't let anyone tell you different, trust me this place is to a high standard. I've told all my friends and family how good it is and I personally think it's the best restaurant in Manchester. Keep up the good work you lot,
Scott and Sarah and most of walkden :)

• Visited April 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“A local bit of specialty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have passed this place many times on our way to a favorite eater "The Woodside"
We were met on the night by Huss and escorted us to our table.
We were given the menus and my wife chose the fishcakes and I the foi-gras only to be told that it had been sent back to the supplier due to being unsatisfactory. A little disappointed I then quickly chose the mackerel, I was in no way disappointed with my alternative and I'm sure I saw the fish flapping as it was brought to the table, it was that fresh.
My wife was delighted with the fishcakes which came very elegantly presented in seashells.
Our wine choice was Mussel Bay Sauvignon-Blanc which was superb.
Our mains were salmon and fillet steak for my wife and I respectively and the quality and finesse of both was exceptional.
I finished with cheese and bikkies and my wife had the rhubarb thingy. Both excellent although the chef questioned my wife not eating the pastry. He wanted to know so that he could improve it if there was a fault.(good touch that)
All night we were visited every few minutes or so to be asked if all was well, and at the end of our meal I let slip that it was our wedding anniversary, at which point we were treated to a drink on the house.
I found Huss a great and attentive host though he did surprise my wife with a hug and a kiss on leaving, which was a bit frontal as he had never seen us before, but as neither of us was insulted or upset we put it down to his idiosyncratic nature and just passed it off.
The only bummer of the night was the taxi driver who screwed us for £10
Considering the attention we received I cannot understand the negative reviews as we we were asked constantly if all was well.
We have dined in great establishments throughout the country including places like the Holbeck Ghyll and we can honestly say that the food quality and the chefs skills are to be seriously considered.
We WILL be back.
We rate Grenache 90+ as 5 stars is absolute but 4 stars is inadequate

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lindsey-Manageress, Owner at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi Mick

Thank you for your review and im flattered that you tried us for the first time on your anniversary. Its lovely to read a totally balanced and accurate report on the food and service you received here at Grenache. I hope you dont leave it until your next anniversary to visit us.
Huss.
PS - next time I will give you the hug and kiss on the way out! LOL. (only joking!!!).