“Poor to say the least” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Walkden
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years and in that time has made its mark on the fine dining community by winning several awards. We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays. The Market menu changes every Wednesday, with 1 course £13.95, 2 Courses £17.95 And 3 courses £20.95. We also offer our A'la Carte menu, which changes monthly.
Manchester
“Poor to say the least”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Wow what a disappointment. After reading all the rave reviews I booked in November for my Partners birthday. I booked a £17.95 for three courses,

On attending I was met by a very talkative man who just did not shut up. He was very good at telling us how good his restaurant was and how others in the area had gone down in his opinion. This was the start of an overbearing man.

Well he recommended taking his al a carte menu as his three course menu had been dummied down for the xmas trade and would not show what his restaurant was about.

As we had expected £17.95 for three courses we were met with the xmas menu for three courses was at over £20 we were a little disappointed straight away. Well it’s the partner’s birthday I told her that it was a special occasion and just to pick what she wanted.

She chose a soup for starter followed by a risotto and lemon desert. Wow was she disappointed. My partner can cook and she could have done better with the starter, it was bland and tasteless, I do know as I tried it. On the second course the risotto was like rice pudding, and the desert did not get much better as she left over half of it. A real shame as we do like our meals out.

I must sat in the only positive was my Muscle starter , my main of Braised steak main was tasty but a very small portion and desert was basic, Nothing g to write home about.
As you can see from my reviews I normally give credit where credit was due, however on finishing the meal and asking for the bill the waitress asked if we liked the meal to fill in the Highlife review card and they would send them off on our behalf.

Needless to say the cards were left on the table without any remarks.

A disappointing meal I wish I had gone elsewhere, I so wanted to like the place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

England
“Best meal had in a long time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

Atmosphere great and staff friendly. I am a fussy eater but we
both had a fantastic meal. Wine was recommended which was lovely. We will definitely be back. Well done. You thoroughly deserve your awards. Thanks for a great evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, UK
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We had read the good reviews about this restaurant and decided to give it a try. The reviews are all correct. The owner is great, has a fabulous sense of humour, is very welcoming and and helpful. The staff are hard working and also knowledgeable about the food and the wine. It was Christmas time when we visited and they were all run off their feet and yet stayed smiling, cheerful and helpful.
Now onto the chef - who is this guy (or woman)??? their food is absolutely outstanding. None of our party had anything negative to say whatsoever. As one person has already said the lemon possett is amazing!!!!. But all the other dishes were as well. I would rate the food as 6 stars if possible.

Long may this restaurant continue to be successful, all other restaurants in the Greater Manchester area - please visit, note the staff and taste the food and see how it should be done.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“It changed my life:) food wise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

A can't say enough good things about this place a went with my wife & a couple of friends that had been before. An it just blew me away, the service , the decor , the atmosphere. But most of all the food. Being a bit of a fussy eater. Everything was just amazing. Top chef & host .. Thanks Huss see you soon. Once again thankyou for a really great night. Daz c

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Christmas Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Fantastic night out from the minute we arrived, from when Huss tried to wind my friend up over the booking, through the superb service and faultless food (the lemon posset is divine!) to the DJing by Andy who kept us dancing all evening with the 'Ladies' Night' 70's disco music just for us.

This was an early Christmas 'girls night out' and it surpassed our expectations. We will be back!