“For a good night out with fabulous food go to Grenache” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Walkden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years and in that time has made its mark on the fine dining community by winning several awards. We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“For a good night out with fabulous food go to Grenache”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have recommended hotels, guest houses and restaurants before but I think the best by far is Grenache. I have read all the other comments and cannot believe that anyone can dislike the place, Huss or the food. Huss and his staff are passionate about the atmosphere, the welcome and the food. Huss's sense of humour might not be appreciated by all but those who know him well know that he really knows his job and tries his best to make all his customers (not just his regulars and friends) welcome and feel at ease. If anything doesn't come up to expectations tell him on the night and I am sure he will put it right. I've have never been disappointed when eating at Grenache. I have been with family, with friends and have regularly been to the special "Wine tasting evenings" and have always enjoyed everything about the evening. I have also been for Sunday Lunch and this also is recommended by me and the family.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Great host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have to disagree with one of the previous comments, the food is out of this world, nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they are friendly and welcoming including the manager

I have been to many restaurants in this area and further afield and can honestly say this is the best restaurant around by miles and one I would recommend every time. The onion rings I had last night are the best I have ever tasted, excellent.

Thanks for a great night.

Debra

• 5 of 5 stars Food
GrenacheRestaurant, Owner at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Hi Debra

Your comments brought a smile to my face and the staff were thrilled to read your review. Sometimes I have to remind myself that you cant please all of the people all of the time - however hard you try!
Hope to see you in the near future and let me know when you are coming and ill make the onion rings again for you....
Huss
“Perfect way to spend a special night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We wanted to go for a special
Meal just before we got married and we were delighted with what we got at Grenache!

We were immediately greeted by very friendly staff and taken to our table. There was a lovely atmosphere, warm and inviting. We got a drink served almost immediately which was great.

The food - it is just wonderful! I had goats cheese en croute - delicious and stunning presentation, while mark had game terrine , both came served on slate boards and looked fab.

Then we got mains - sirloin for me, cooked perfectly and gorgeous chunky chips! Mark had chicken breast with korma - which also looked lovely!

Another lovely thing was the Mini appetisers you get in between meals. I've never seen this in a restaurant before and think it's a great touch!

We are so impressed we will be returning next week! Thanks to you all, especially Huss, you have a restaurant to be proud of! See you soon! Jen

Hi Jen/Mark

Hope your special day went well for you both and I thought of you both when I got up that morning and saw blue skies!
Really enjoyed meeting you and looking forward to your visit next week.
Huss
manchester
“Gave this Restaurant A Second Chance. Just as bad as the first time. Not for us.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Sorry wont be going again. Once again food very bland and without being rude the place has no atmosphere. Trying to do something they are not capable of. Staff lovely except for the manager dosnt like to be told about his faults as you can see from his comments on all the other reviews. Try and listen and take on board what people are saying. Last time for us. Hope it works for you.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hi Kathryn

Thanks for giving us a second chance and its a shame you found we had no atmosphere, especially as we were quite busy when you visited us again. To update you, I remember what you and your 2 guests had to eat and I have met with the chef and we both sampled your dish. For me personally, it was seasoned enough but I take the point that everyone is different and I'm sorry you found it bland again. As a result of your comments we are discussing in our next management meeting whether to put salt and pepper back onto each table again, so our customers can choose to season the dish as much as they choose (we do already have it available if customers ask, but I dont think you did?).

Finally, I hope your other guests enjoyed their steaks (when I visited your table to check you all did say everything was OK) and I will take your comments about me personally on board. I do wish to reitorate to anyone who visits us, that if you have an issue then do speak to me personally and let me try to rectify the situation while you are with us and not via the internet.
Kind regards
Hussein - OWNER
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Overhyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We'd heard such good things about Grenache, But were dissapointed. We were made to jump through hoops to book a table for more than 4 people only to arrive in an empty restaurant. The food was disappointing: average at best. The decor is good - smart, modern and clean.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere