“A NICE RETREAT!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Silver Sands Beach, Silver Sands, Barbados   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Silver Sands
“A NICE RETREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I thought I'd already written a review for this place! But I wanted to share my experience. I stayed here in June 2011. Yes the hotel is far from the main attractions but I liked the seclusion of it all. We hired a car the parking is free. You can also get the ZR vans. The hotel is a lovely boutique place. It has character. I loved being in a neighbourhood where locals too live. The beach although is not for swimming it is nice to relax by. Oh yeah the daiqaris at the bar are scrummy. We had dinner at the hotel and there is nothing to rave about. I loved this little retreat. It has an individual feel and not too many tourists lurking around. I would definitely recommend this place. We felt safe at this place and loved the whole blissful island vibe.

• Stayed December 2011

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everyone about our stay a Silver Point was amazing. The staff in the restaurant, bar, and front desk were all amazing. They accomodated all of our requests and went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We would like to say special thanks to Richelle & Caroline for being so friendly at the bar and restaurant and for all of the staff at the front desk (sorry that we don't remeber all of your names!) for accomodating us. The food at the restaurant was very good but a little pricey. However, as this hotel is isolated from any eating options, they probably hike up the prices. The locals on the beach tried to sell us coconuts, conch shells, jewelry, surf lessons, etc. but for the mst part they don't pester you once they know you aren't interested. We found this to be true at all of the beaches we went to . Terry, the cab driver who we used most of the time, was very friendly. He ususally was parked outside the hotel and he took us to a couple of places so that we could try the local Bajan food. We can't wait to visit again!!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Myself and my wife travelled to Barbados for our 3rd time and stayed at Silverpoint for 7 nights.

This has quickly become the favourite place that we have stayed on the Island.

The rooms are finished to a much higher standard and the facilities are excellent. We only ate lunch in the restauraunt which was excellent.

The pools are lovely and the decking area with the 'four poster beach beds' are inspired and a true treat for a relaxed time in the sun.

The beach is lovely and quiet even if the sea can be a litte rough.

We found that all of the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble (we haven't necassarily found this at other places that we have stayed)

The other point that people made was that the location was a little remote but we had a car which alleviated that problem.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Not near the strip, which is what I wanted. Can't really saying bad about the place. Was easy to find from the airport. My wife and I rented a car for "cropover" week. Clean quite hotel. WI-FI wasn't the greatest but it was free. Barbados is one of the safest and friendliest islands in the Caribbean! Hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes away from Bridgetown. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a great hotel given the value. I stayed for 10 days in Sept. The beach is perfect, and if you want to take a walk around the coast, you get beautiful scenery. You also get to watch people kite surfing. Like most other comments, I loved the cabanas and the staffs were very helpful and friendly.

Prior to leaving, I did some research on trip advisor and someone had mentioned that they took the local bus to get back and forth as the hotel is further out from the center. I followed the advice and as I was on vacation, I took the mini vans all over the place. It was definitely a lot cheaper and I also got a taste of Bajan life and rhythms.

Also, I am a single woman who was traveling alone and I felt completely safe while staying at the hotel and walking around the area, even at night.

My room was clean, I liked the decor (dark wood), had a private balcony and a fridge. The safe seemed pretty secure and the bathroom had nice fixtures.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Beautiful Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love this place. It's pretty, very private. The food is great and the staff is warm and friendly!
I especially love the view of the ocean with the wind and kite sailing. How spectacular to watch while having breakfast or lunch. AND, the cabanas, WOW, tropical and lovely. The perfect place for a relaxing vacation with your spouse!

Room Tip: Always choose the ocean view. Lovely to wake up to this.
Mandeville, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the furniture was, the bathroom was nice and the water is hot. The beach is perfect for surfing and kite surfing. Deaction surf shop is right next door. Brian is pleasant, and helpful. The location is not the best so, a car is highly reccommended, if u want to go anywhere because it is not in the heart of things. The staff is freindly and they have a good resteraunt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Silver Point Hotel? Share your experiences!