We have just returned from a fabulous 16 night stay in Thudufushi. ( 3rd - 19th October.) Where do you start? From arrival at the jetty until we left, everything was just wonderful. We were met from the seaplane by a young lady from guest relations (sorry can't remember her name), but we received a very warm welcome. Philip, the Resort Manager was waiting on the jetty to introduce himself. A nice touch. We were transported by buggy to our water villa (No 15 on the sunset side) where our welcome drinks were waiting for us. Wow - Amazing! We were checked in from the seating area on our decking. After a quick walk through the villa we were taken to the overwater restaurant for lunch. I will try not to repeat what previous reviewers have said about the water villas, suffice to say they are totally amazing, everything I had hoped for and more. Really good facilities. The queen sized bed was just so comfortable, with good quality linen. We enjoyed breakfast on the outside decking every day, which was delivered with a smile.
All staff on the island are really lovely. From Philip the manager, the guest relation team, the waiters in the restaurants, the bar staff, room boys, buggy drivers, animation team - there is nothing that is too much trouble for them and they all go out of their way to make you feel special.
A special mention goes to the Dive School who made my husband's holiday by presenting him with a certificate underwater on his 100th dive! Thanks for organising that. He also did his advanced PADI whilst there. A big thanks to Stefano. A memorable holiday for him - in particular the personal video of one of his dives with Nico, an Italian buddy of a similar age. This video was played to everyone that night, which made all concerned feel like movie stars for the evening!
The weather was mainly good, with lots of lovely sunshine. We had a few overcast, cloudy days, lots of rain and wind overnight, but the end of the holiday was again wall to wall sunshine!
We met lots of lovely people from all over the world, through the Dive School, the restaurants and the evening entertainment. A big hello to Nico & Lella, Rob & Emma, Jean-Marco & Don and Edwina & Ken (alias Callum). Missing you all.
There is a good selection of cocktails and a wide range of drinks. I personally don't drink very much, but did enjoy the odd cocktail on an evening, all served by the smiling, friendly, efficient bar team.
The only small criticism that we would make would be that the menu in the overwater restaurant was a bit repetitious for us with not a great deal of choice, but you do have the option to eat in the buffet restaurant, which we did in the second week. We found there was much more choice there and personally enjoyed the change. On speaking to other UK guests, they thought the same, in fact some opted to eat in the buffet for the duration of their stay. That was the only thing that we were slightly disappointed in, and speaking with Philip (resort manager), he is aware of this and is looking at ways of improving this. I must add at this point that this would not put me off going back. I would return tomorrow given the chance!
The island itself is very pretty, albeit small. You can walk around it in about ten minutes. The reef was quite good for snorkelling and can be easily accessed from the water villa steps. There is a good range of excursions on offer for those who wanted to go on them, with sightings of Manta and Whale Sharks being reported. My husband dives most days and I personally was there to relax, de-stress and chill out which is exactly what I did. Bliss!
To summarise - This was our 9th trip to the Maldives and for me, one of the best. I know it is not the cheapest, but the extra touches such as breakfast on the deck, nice wine in the mini bar, good quality coffee in the room, Apple Mac in room, free laundry service etc.... are lovely. I felt special from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Everyone is treated the same whether you choose to spend money on extra activities or not. Keep up the personal approach Philip and team. It works and I can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kick off your shoes and unwind at Diamonds Thudufushi, a little piece of paradise on its own private island in the Maldives. Set on a white sand island within the turquoise waters of a shallow lagoon, Diamonds Thudufushi offers luxurious accommodation and outstanding levels of service. Located on the south-western rim of Ari Atoll, just a 35-minute seaplane flight south of Male' International Airport, the resort is secluded and tranquil, providing optimum privacy in unspoilt surroundings. The natural beauty of the island has been retained and enhanced. Beach Bungalows have individual verandas and private beachfronts along the coral-sand shore. Experience the diversity of the Maldives by pairing your visit with a stay at Diamonds Thudufushi, offering intimate village charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Diamonds Thudufushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas Hotel Thudufushi Island
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach And Water Villas
- Thudufushi Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diamonds Thudufushi Thudufushi Island, Maldives