We stayed at the Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge while on a Costa Rican tour in June. The buildings were modeled after round indigenous dwellings with high thatched roofs. Although not fancy, the rooms were spacious and very clean. The grounds and pool were beautiful. The food had considerable variety and healthy choices. There were many beautiful birds and frogs on the grounds. There was alo an interesting little museum with artifacts from indigenous tribes and an interesting pottery demonstration on the property.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a 15th century Pre-Columbian village, is – due to its outstanding concept in ecotourism and cultural indigenous conservation – an international rewarded model in tourism. The uniqueness of this project was officially recognized by the nomination of “Proyecto de Interés Público”, on October 17th, 1997, by the Costa Rican Government. SarapiquíS Rainforest Lodge is designed and developed as an eco-model project using ecological sustainable technologies (solar energy, use of local natural materials, an innovative wetland waste-water treatment installation, ionized cleaning system of the pool, etc…). We proudly have three levels at the Certification of Sustainable Tourism, an official certification given by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT)The ecolodge consists of six Palenque structures; four guests units, one guest unit and Museum and one central building with the lobby, two restaurants, bar, coffee gourmet bar, photo gallery, administration, and gift shop. Like an inverted flower, the five units are divided into eight spacious, deluxe rooms, jointed within the turret reaching an impressive height of 18 meters. All the units are located midst the lush gardens and orchards of the property. Many of the rooms have an outstanding view of the rainforest canopy; while others are nestled in the bright and fragrant gardens. With a harmonious decor of earth tones, natural lime stone, and antique or artisan made furniture, guests will enjoy the comfortable beds, private bath, ceiling fans, safe deposit boxes. Outside every room, a covered terrace invites each guest to enjoy the natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.