We recently returned from 2 weeks at Beaches and without a doubt it was the best holiday and resort we'd ever been on. The bad reviews i read before i left had me worrying slightly but the moment we arrived we were instantly impressed. The rooms were huge compared to what we have been used to and the Air Con was excellent. The cleaners do a great job every day and on several occasions made love hearts with the towels on our bed which my missus loved.
We were over to get married and the day itself although felt quite surreal went with no problems and because we all had the kilts on we had endless number of people coming up to speak to us about it, its great being Scottish!!
The beach location is beautiful and although there are people trying to sell stuff just out of the private sections of the beach they are not to pushy and to be honest it wasa lot cheaper than the same things on offer at the hotel shop plus it feels better giving people who really depend on this money rather than making the top brass at Beaches even more richer!! Eg to get both my daughters hair braided at the hotel would have cost 170 US dollars where as just over the beach i got them both done for 55.
The food is good with Elenors top of the pile. The pepper pot soup was the biz. The staff are all excellent and really made the trip for us as the Jamacians are just the coolest people you will come across. Special mentions to Geoffery, Patrick, Carlyle,Marcelious, Trace, Milton, Marven, Fabian, Ricardo, Shaun and Minto who were always ready to greet me with a 'whats up big daddy'. Minto was also the main man on the wedding day and kept us flowing with the whiskey and rum.
Also the kids camp is superb and our 5 year old spent most of the day with them doing all sorts of different activities along with meeting the Sesame gang wich the 3 year old loved aswell. One of the carers Kaylishya is absolutely superb with the kids and Bailey was sad to leave her behind.
A slight downside is the amount of times the Snap Shot photographers are on top of you and more so the kids, my eldest would come back each day with 4 or 5 wristbands. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't charge an absolute fortune for the photos which are just a quick print off from a none to special digital camera but with the amount of photos taken its hard not to buy some after seeing them on screen. It would be a nice touch if they gave you the CD aswell as the photos.
Anyway to wrap up we loved it and would love to return maybe in a couple of years time and if you are already booked to go then just go there and enjoy it you lucky swines and to the people who seem to complain about it, well maybe my expectaion level is different but i never expected it to be a shrine with gold covered toilets and the staff fanning me 24hours a day while feeding me grapes. Holidays are for enjoying not complaining.
The Park Family, Aberdeen, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios