“Absolutely amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

$335 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Recently my family and I stayed at beaches Ocho Rios, it was y second time to be at this resort and as much as I enjoyed it the first time I would have to say this time was so great. It truly was the best time of my life.
Im pretty sure i had half the resort convinced i worked there i remember giving a family that arrived late at night a tour of the resort. I would love to give a huge thanks to the following people who truly made this vacation for me.
Dane (Dane insane A.K.A special Dane) I believe that me and him became true great friends and I look forward to seeing him next year.
Junior junior and I met when I came for the first time ever since he has always been a great friend to me
Jamelia most of the time I was jamelia I enjoyed hanging out with her pretty much everyday and helping he with her job it was fun!
Monique I pretty much was Monique when I wasn't jamelia,
Sometimes I was both, but I did enjoy getting my but kicked by her at kinect sports
Shanikie unfortunately I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her but the moments I did were great
Shamara was always great when I was alone at one point she started making my Roy Rogers with extra cherries helped me learn how to tie cherries in a knot
Reshane he was my good friend at night I would hang with him every night I liked helping him with his job at first he wasn't comfortable with it but then e realized I really enjoyed it
Also last but not least Cleveland
He was my go to guy in the night when everyone else was asleep me and him talked every night about anything and he made a good Roy Rogers .
These people are honestly great I love them all and would love to see them all again:)!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We're so thrilled to read that you and your family had such an incredible experience with us. We always love to hear excellent feedback from our return guests because you are already familiar with our standard and we strive to exceed your high expectations of us. I'm so glad we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another wonderful experience in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip with our 6 month old - a bit of a travel shift for us, so I was not sure how we would find this family style resort.
First and foremost the staff are amazing. We have travelled a lot and have to say that the Jamaicans we met on and off the resort were the nicest hosts of any country we have ever visited. On the resort all the staff were amazing with our son. Remembering his name and entertaining him while we ate. I was really nervous about using the child care for such a little baby, but after arriving was super comfortable with it and made good use of it to have some meals with my husband, some lounging at the beach and some excursions off the resort. Very happy with the care he got there!
The resort itself is nice but definitely could use a little love. Odd to me that a lot of the reviewers don't like the beach- we loved it! Gorgeous, fun water sports, great shaded seats. I thought it was beautiful there and we chose to spend most of our time in the ocean and only swam at the pool a couple times. The coral reef makes it pretty calm which is great with kids. It was also private, so I felt safe leaving my things while I swam (iPad etc.) as I had no concerns about security.
I will say that the room we got when we arrived was a disappointment. It was a Caribbean deluxe family size and I felt it was not up to standard. So odd... The bed had a king mattress on a frame that was too large. I know that is not a huge deal but I expect a hotel that claims to be of a certain caliber to manage these details. It bugged me enough hat we upgraded to a beachfront room. This is well worth it if you have young ones who need naps. I was able to sit on a lounger looking at the ocean while our little guy napped happily in our room - perfect for us! We were able to negotiate a decent rate for the room change at the front desk.
This room was supposed to be concierge level - I don't really get this part of their offer as the concierge was just like having your own front desk. They were not proactive which wasn't an issue for me but I think they oversell that part of it on their website.
The food was good, not amazing, but there were some star dishes at each restaurant and we both put on a few pounds on so it more than met our needs! The lobster at Eleanor's is awesome. I had that 3 times....
The tour desk was helpful but I felt the tours were over priced (Recommend to try the Dunn River Falls hike, it was beautiful and fun) but the attendant Nattaya was lovely and so sweet with our son.
So all in all, we had an amazing vacation with our little family and were blown away by the resort staff! I would try a beaches or sandals again for sure and would recommend this resort to people with young kids who are looking for a relaxing time at the beach.
Special thanks to Camille, Keylan (sp?), Cleveland, Orlando, Karen and all the child care staff for making this a great trip!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sounds like you had a pretty great getaway at Beaches Ocho Rios. We always love to hear of the amazing, memorable experiences that our guests have with us. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service of our friendly staff and they will all be so glad to hear of your kind mention.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

First let me start by saying I am a very hard person to please but am also practical so I will be as honest as possible in this review. We were a group of 9 traveling together(2 families). We have 5 kids that range in age from 3-10. We traveled from Feb 6-11 and it was a slow time at the resort. I felt I needed to write a review of this resort after reading so many mixed reviews. I would like to rate this resort 3.5 out of 5 but trip advisor does not give you that option.

Club Mobay-DO not do as is a waste of money... at least it was for us for both arrival and departure. Beaches has their own arrival lounge that in our opinion was much better than Mobay's. We got through customs super fast and would have without paying for mobay because they have sooo many people working at the airport.

Bus trip to and from resort- Not bad at all. Goes pretty fast and we got a kick of their driving habits being so different from ours. Our driver to resort was fun and drove fast and the driver from resort to airport drove slow and was not much fun! You can drink on the bus so the guy at Beaches arrival lounge brought beer on a tray out for us to our bus before we left!

Room- When we arrived like many we both had the wrong rooms from what we had booked. My neighbors our travel partners let it go...I did not... They gave me some trouble in the beginning about changing rooms... saying had nothing and kind of playing dumb...tried to offer me upgrade room for 300 dollars but I turned that down...I was rather frustrated but the next day we got a free upgrade and room with an ocean view #1517 and she apologized several times.
The rooms could use some updates especially the bathrooms. We had a fair amount of little ants in our room but the other family did not notice that in theirs. It was kind of annoying but again we are in a tropical area...going to have some bugs...I thought the beds were comfortable but my husband did not...We had a rollaway in our room and they could definetly use some new rollaways but it did the job.

Golf- the boys went golfing one day and were very disappointed. No one was friendly and the caddies were rude and kept asking for a beer and were very ungrateful when were tipped at end and given beer. Course was ok.

DJ scratch academy-The boys did this and loved it!!! even got a cd of their own scratching and presented an award at the show that night...

Crafts-Our kids loved the crafts. It is extra but worth it. Our kids loved Auntie Pat..

Kids club-We used it twice and the kids enjoyed it. They are always doing neat things in there it seemed but we just chose to keep the kiddos with us most of the time.

Food-not the best...we ate at each restaurant and did not love any of them...the ambiance of Neptunes is great but the food is just ok...Eleanors was our least favorite by far...we had no trouble getting into any restaurants and we were a group of 9. The bbq place is fair at best...pizza was not good and hardly any toppings. Our favorite place for lunch was the buffet...they had lots of good choices and a definite shout out to the guy making pasta each day and the great lady at the sandwich bar...

Cabana-We rented cabana #8 one day and it was nice but not worth what we paid for the day. If it would have been a real busy time at the resort it might have been worth it but not at this time of year. Venice who is in charge of it was kind of disorganized and we had a few little issues but it worked out in the end.

Towels/seating-We had no trouble getting the areas we wanted. We did go and set out our towels at like 7:30 and by that time some of the prime spots would be getting picked over but there was still lots of room. Again probably a result of the resort not being too busy.

Beach-we loved the beach! Do not go and buy sand toys because there are lots there already. It was perfect size for us and there was lots of sand to make sand castles etc. We did the banana boat ride as well and enjoyed that too!

Water slides/pools-The water slides were fun and the kids enjoyed them a lot! We all enjoyed all the pools as well! The swim up bar was fun too!! The kids loved going up to it and getting shirley temples as well!!

Shows-Just skip them...they are very low budget and not good! We watched several and wound up leaving early because they were that bad! The bonfire on the beach was neat but don't think I would waste my time if I ever went back.

Overall the resort was fine...It had it's pros and cons but they all do. I would recommend this resort but would not return myself because I like to try new things and was not blown away by this property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We're happy to read that your stay, overall, was very enjoyable. We always strive to offer amazing vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. It seems we did not meet your expectations in a few areas of our service. We want to ensure that our future guests do not share the same experience. Therefore, your feedback will be sent to our General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your review. We hope that you will afford us a chance to make things right during a future stay with us.
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We traveled to Beaches Ocho Rios the first week of February with our 11 year old son along with to two other families that had smaller children. Overall we had a great time, the staff was very nice, food was good and accommodations were clean and comfortable. There are some rings good & bad that stood out to us that may make or break someone's trip so I'll name a few...

Travel from airport- long but we knew that. The ride there was interesting but beware Jamaican driving can be crazy. We had a short flight so we didn't mind the ride but if traveling all day it could leave you frazzled.

Check In- quick and easy, we did not check in online ahead of time, but there wasn't a wait and the rum punch was a nice touch-were in our room within a few minutes with our bags delivered immediately.

The Room- much like an older Florida beach hotel. Furniture was newer, bed comfortable, linens clean. Room 1225 was quiet and comfortable. A couple extra luggage racks would be nice, very few drawers if you like to put your clothes away.

The Resort- grounds were clean and well kept. Staff was on top of keeping garbage and spills in check. Pools were great, my son spent 90% of his time there on the slides. The water was a little cold for me but after a couple drinks it was much more tolerable. One if the hot tubs was pretty cloudy and the jets did not work in either. The beach is small and we did not spend much time there, but the views are beautiful.

There are a lot of stairs, we don't mind walking and they never posed a problem for us. We did not use the elevator but is is available for strollers etc...expect quite a bit of walking even though the resort is relatively compact.

Chair hoarding- a problem that could be easily resolved if they added more chairs- pool & beachside. We knew of this so got out early and claimed our spot. We used the seats all day but many appeared claimed but saw no one. The resort did not appear anywhere near capacity so I could see this being a huge problem if full.

Restaurants- we never had a wait and service was very good, the kids meals were brought out early each time which was great. Food was tasty but if you are foodie looking for truffle topped fanciness you may be disappointed. The buffet was easy for breakfast, pretty much standard fare. Lunch we ate at the BBQ park- the pulled pork sandwich was excellent, the kids ate pizza by the pool most days. Neptunes was nice but very little seafood on the menu. Eleanor's was lovely and our group was seated out on the terrace- very nice. Skip dessert there and head down to the Josephine's for a crepe- which were delicious. I was unable to dine at the Venetian due to a sick kid but they packed up a plate for me - a pesto pasta shrimp dish that was by far the best meal I had all week, they sent bread, wine everything. I was very appreciative.

Our son had a great time, he was too big for the kids camp and we did not ever see anyone there, but the smaller kids groups seemed to be having fun. The xbox room and game room were pretty lame, most units broken, dark and a little creepy. We did not go to Jamaica to play xbox but if there were a rainy day it would be nice. The entertainment seemed to start a little late and large gaps between "shows" for a family resort. It is an area they seem to be struggling.

The poolside vendors got old -a couple days you had to walk through a sea of them, a couple were relentless. Very annoying.

Bar service was great! Devon was a standout at the swim up bar.

Another standout was Baby J who taught our son to scuba dive and the water sports crew who took I'm out of an open water dive. The highlight of his trip and frankly we were amazed he even tried it so kudos to the staff!

We lost a day due to a very sick kid and pretty much quarantined ourselves for 24 hrs. The nurses services we offered multiple times which was nice but had a handle on the situation since both of us are paramedics.

We did not participate in any off property excursions during our trip.

Overall for us it was a fun trip and the all inclusive element was great especially with group and the clientele was nice mix of folks, everyone we encountered was pleasant and well behaved. I felt perfectly safe letting my kid run around with out a short leash. It is a little pricy when you add in travel but one again this was expected.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had a great stay, overall, thanks to our nice staff, delicious food and accommodations. We always strive to create amazing experiences that keep our guests coming back. Therefore, we certainly hope that you will consider visiting us again for a much better stay in the future. We want to exceed your expectations next time.

Happy Travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

As many reviewers have commented, the staff at this resort are incredible! They make this 5 stars. We're already talking about coming back next year. 4 of us traveled (two kids 9 and 6) Feb 3-10, and the staff made us all feel welcome and comfortable. I felt like I could ask for anything and they would somehow make it happen. They know you spent a lot of money to stay there and they do their best to make sure you want to come back.

Food was way better than I expected. We tried all the restaurants, and for us Neptunes was tops. The view and ambiance of being right on the water was fantastic. And I can't say enough about Anthony, our server both nights. Beaches pay attention... he's the only server who places the coffee cup and funky saucer the proper way!
We ate a lot at Bayside. In no particular order are some folks who went that extra mile for us and the kids while we ate at Bayside: Daniel, Romain (Crash), and the lovely Rasheda, who's omelettes I already miss.
Karlene at the BBQ restaurant balances plates on her head, so I have to mention that because, well, its awesome.
For our one night at Eleanor's (my birthday), Janice was excellent. Attentive and patient with the kids.
Orando at Josephine's is a great guy. Just go there for a late light crepe, coffee and a chat with Orando. If you're already at the resort, what are you waiting for? Do it. Now.
For stunning family photos, ring up Micshane at Snap Shots. Another great guy. Awesome with the kids, and the pics were amazing!

We spent our days between the beach (watersports), pool, and waterpark and the kids spent a fair bit of time at the camps. So I want to personally thank the Counselors in the 5-7 and 8-10 camps for helping to make this a special vacation for the kids (and giving us parents some free time as well). 5-7: Simone, Lamarr, Olywen, Kimone. 8-10: Shavaun, Tashmarie, Lavene.

Claire and her concierge team were great. We upgraded rooms after two nights and they took care of everything we needed from that point forward... answering our newbie questions, booking dinners, photos, and my wife had them do up a little birthday cake for me at Eleanor's. They knew me as Bob Marley's brother. There was a cocktail party for concierge guests on Feb 6th (Bob' s birthday) where they played a version of "Don't Forget the Lyrics". I remembered a few of his songs from days of yore and walked away with a couple of prizes and in the process surprised a few of the staff. It was a fun running joke and my son got a kick out of his Dad being called Bob Marley's brother.

Which brings me to the spa staff... One of the prizes was a couples massage. And when we we go back to Beaches Ocho Rios, we will definitely go back to the spa for a massage. It was amazing and once again the staff were great!

Last but not least, two people who helped out with our room... Karen in housekeeping and Sean the room technician. Both very pleasant and helpful and as is the culture at this resort, they will do whatever they can to make sure your stay is unforgettable.

Thank-you Beaches Ocho Rios for making this our best vacation ever!

Room Tip: We were in the Caribbean room for the first two nights and after walking past the beachfront rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sounds like you had a pretty great stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We always love to hear of the amazing, memorable experiences that our guests have with us. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service of our friendly staff and they will all be so glad to hear of your kind mention.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

we stayed at beaches for my daughters wedding.This was my first ever holiday outside the uk
and I can safely say it was the best holiday ever,staff are all fantastic and cannot do enough to
help.Food was great and I particularly enjoyed neptunes!.The wedding was beautiful and the wedding planner was great.
we stayed in room 1125 which was ground floor and had everything we needed.Beach was good and we had no trouble getting sunbeds.It however was more difficult to get a sunbed around the main pool but that is not a critiscism.Special thanks to Richard in bayside who always remembered us and the lovely dannakay who treated us so well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. I'm so happy to read that your experience at Beaches Ocho Rios exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you and your family again soon for an even better vacation with us.
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Okay, this is a tough review for me to write - We just got back from an amazing week long vacation and loved every minute of it, with the exception of the Concierge Staff and Lack of Service as they tried to resolve an issue for us. As a result, I will NEVER spend another dollar with their company.

Let me explain -
The Staff (except concierge) - AMAZING. Purely AMAZING. They treated our children as if they were their own. The Water Park staff was absolutely amazing, waiters awesome, and people behind the scenes friendly as could be (the dishwasher from Neptunes was talking to us and entertaining our children). Bottom line - they are super awesome to the children.

Food - exceeded expectations. While this is a smaller resort and doesn't have as many options as other resorts, they do vary it up and the food exceeded my expectations. Please keep in mind it wasn't fine dining, but had enough good variety to really keep it fresh for every meal (the Beef Pies in Barbeque Park are AMAZING!!)

Lodging - This resort is older and shows its age. Yes, they've updated some areas, but lets face it.. It's hard to keep something in that climate/environment in pristine condition. The rooms were mostly clean with some newer furnishings inside. The sofa sleepers are worn, but the adult beds were newer. I'd give the rooms a 3/5 stars as I never felt like it was filthy. WARNING - if you're looking for a quiet room (before 10PM) do not stay up top by the pool area. Opt for a room down by the beach area. The events/activities do end at 10PM, so it does quiet down eventually!!

Beach - Smaller beach area which was quite crowded. My son did get bit by sand fleas so we mostly avoided the beach after the first day.

Pools / Water Park - Awesome. My only complaint was the chairs have to be 'marked' early, or you won't get a place to sit. The place was only 70% full when we were there, so I can only imagine how hard it is to get a seat with more people there!!

Concierge - WHAT A JOKE! We had an issue that I tried to address with the Concierge Manager Claire (I believe that was her name) and was told I was a liar, and I 'kept misunderstanding the situation. Without going into more detail, I don't know how this woman still has a job with the way she treats customers. She even passed us off to the shift manager instead of doing her job and working through the situation. My only advice is do NOT raise an issue to them, as they will turn ugly!!!

Beaches/Sandals has officially lost a customer over this issue as you do NOT call customers liars and treat them with the lack of respect that we were treated with. They will claim they 'rectified' the situation which is another lie. Just a shame, as it didn't have to be that way.

Room Tip: If you're looking for quieter nights, do NOT stay in the top area of the resort. Opt for the low...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We regret to read that your stay with us did not quite meet your expectations. We always want to ensure that we are offering the highest standards of service to our guests and unfortunately, during your stay, we did not fully meet that goal. For this, we apologize.

It's refreshing to hear that our water park staff and waiter were able to make your stay much more enjoyable. They exemplified the true hospitality of our staff and we are proud to hear your kind mention.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We certainly hope that you will afford us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future stay with us. We look forward to offering you the amazing and exceptional experiences for which we are known.

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!