“The best staff anywhere” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$235 Spa/Tour Credit!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Houston, Texas
“The best staff anywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I traveled with our 4 year old and 17 month old daughters between December 7th and 14th. I want to echo what a number of other reviewers have said about the resort. There may have been imperfections (nothing like what the 1 star reviewers have said - having stayed in two rooms there this trip I think roaches/snake commenter is just lying) but nothing beats the kind, warm, attentive, thoughtful amazing staff that greet you at every turn. We all really felt loved. I'd like to thank in particular the manager of guest services, Michael Hinds, Shanique in guest services and the gals in the Kid's club who took care of our little ones.

A few notes (not really to do with the resort - just some advice) : 1. On arriving at the airport in Montego Bay, the line to get through immigration was completely ridiculous. You may want to investigate something called "Club Mobay" before going which is supposed to give you an express pass through immigration. 2. United Airlines on the return trip would not let us book seats together over the telephone. We had to do it at the check in, but we waited in line for over an hour and although we did have seats together in the end we only reached the gate after it had been boarding for some time. You may want to ask the resort if you can go to the airport a little bit earlier than they would normally schedule you for. 3. If your kid has to see a doctor while you are at the resort it costs $130 for the doctor to come to the resort. It will also cost $30 extra for them to bring medicine from the pharmacy in Ocho Rios. I would suggest asking to get a taxi to the pediatrician in Ocho Rios - Dr. Bennett. Message me if you would like his details.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us at Beaches Ocho Rios. We strive to create exciting and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad we were able to achieve that goal during your stay. It looks like you had an amazing experience.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another great stay in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful place! Me and my mom had a quick trip down for 4 days as a girls trip. My mom has never been on any kind of all-inclusive trip and the bar was set for her pretty high with this experience. We traveled from December 10th to December 14th. It was a very slow time for the resort but I feel it was a great time to go for that reason. Love the greeting lounge where you can start the vacation off! There is complimentary Red Stripe to sip on while you wait. The drive was a long 2 hours from Montego Bay to the resort but mostly because I was starving and because I forgot to grab a bite at the airport due to excitement! Once there it was nothing but special treatment. We were greeted champagne and nothing but first class service from there on. The staff overall were amazing and so friendly and accommodating. The food everywhere was amazing. Neptunes was our first nights and last nights meal and was so beautiful right next to the ocean. Devon was our waiter and he made us feel like celebrities! The Venetian was so delicious and a real fine dining experience. I was impressed with the daytime/late night snack options. I have stayed at other all-inclusives and this is often a disappointment in quality. But even the nachos and brick oven pizzas were a great option! Each morning we sat poolside and Cinderella was our waitress, she took such great care of us! We did not make it to Eleanor's for Caribbean cuisine, but heard it was wonderful as well. Each night we went to Liquid with bartender Richard who was such a sweetheart! Great conversation and drinks! Several times we ran into Duncan and he always had a smile on his face and made us feel so welcome! Even though it rained our last day Andrew at the beach bar made sure that we were taken care of while we pretended it to be sunny. We had a snorkeling trip which was wonderful because the two gentlemen that we can't remember their names took such greatcoat are of my mom since she was a little scared (never done it before) but she felt so taken care of. Little touches like turn down service, and the fact that any question you have they don't tell you where something is they show you. Leslie was so accommodating at the front desk for all of our questions. We were a bit concerned with all the attention on children's activities from the pictures and that we wouldn't be able to relax from kids running around. This was not the case at all. It was the perfect place for a family or a girls week! So incredibly impressed!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
It's so great to know that you chose to spend your girls' trip with us at Beaches Ocho Rios. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and it looks like your stay was nothing short of amazing. Thank you for your review. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We hope to see you again very soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My mom and I (she is 53 and I am a 28 year old guy) just returned from a 5 day/4 night trip to Beaches Ocho Rios. We were so extremely excited to go as it was our first time in Jamaica. We were prepared for a lengthy bus ride from the airport (roughly 1.5-2 hours) but our ride was surprisingly 3 hours. We left the airport at 4pm, and arrived at 7pm which was a bit of a bummer. Not the driver's fault at all though...it was just crazy traffic and rush hour. The ride back from the resort was 1.5 hours.

When we arrived we were shown to our room which was ridiculously amazing! We had an ocean view from the 3rd tier...ugh I could live there. The room was very nice...with a large flat screen tv, a fully-stocked mini fridge, a coffee maker, a sitting area, an updated bathroom...perfect! The weather was not terrible when we were there, but it wasn't great either. I would say we had a day and a half of full sun, but it was rainy and overcast most of the time (Dec. 5-9). Again, not the resort's fault though. That's just how the dice were rolled for our stay. This did unfortunately mean that the first 2 days we were there all water activities were cancelled. The water was quite choppy, and we understood it was for our own good. We were anxious to go snorkeling, tubing, and on a glass-bottom boat ride, though. On our 3rd day, the beach flag was changed from red to yellow (allowing certain activities), and my mom and I were able to go tubing twice and we rode the water trike. We had a blast! We still weren't able to enjoy a glass-bottom boat ride or snorkeling, but it's all good. That just means we have to go back when the weather is a little nicer! :P The guys who took us tubing were awesome, as was the guy running the beach activity programs. Every single staff member we met during our stay was warm and welcoming.

The resort was not busy at all during our stay, but the majority of visitors were families with young kids. This place is great for families! They had entertainment every night which was a lot of fun (Caribbean show with dancers, a steel drum band, Sesame Street shows for the kids, etc). We had a very nice stay. The food and alcohol were BOMB! The bartenders made fantastic drinks! My mom (who seldom drinks) had around 10 drinks during our stay. She couldn't stay away from the pina coladas! haha!

I had to give 4 stars because when I checked out I was given a billing statement for someone else which I then had to have them fix. Also, when I was in the pool and got out, my sandals had disappeared. Poof...gone. Someone may have mistakingly taken them? Not sure. I didn't let it ruin my trip. Oh, my mom was really looking forward to dining at Neptune's (right on the water) but it was unfortunately closed for renovation which was a bit of a bummer.

One note of advice...the resort IS duty free, but when you arrive at the airport, someone will take your bags and put them in the bus for you - they do not work for the resort, and appreciate a tip. Additionally, the bus drivers (to and from) deserve/expect a tip as well. The incredible staff at Beaches Ocho Rios will make your trip worthwhile and very enjoyable. Will be going back in the future for sure.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are where it's at.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had a great time at our resort. Your feedback means a lot to us and we will use it to evaluate all aspects of our resort. We want to ensure that your next stay is an above 5-star experience.

Happy Travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My group of family and friends spent Thanksgiving week at Beaches Ocho Rios and had a fantastic week that went by way to fast. The family we traveled with booked , concierges level but did not. This didn't matter, at check in the staff treated us all the same and took care of both groups together. Our friends had booked a cheaper room for their kids which was suppose to be near us, however they upgraded the kids room and gave them ocean front adjoining rooms with the parents. Our room was ocean view and was the best location! Right next to the pool, bar and buffet. We only had 1 other room next door to us and had a large ground floor balcony. We did ask for a king room with a sleeper sofa. The sofa was very uncomfortable for our 16 year old, so we know not to book this type of room again. The resort met all expectations for a Beaches property. One restaurant with the best ocean view was closed all week, so that was disappointing. A shout out goes to Merlin from the gym, we went on walks with him each morning at 7:30. Worth getting up for! He showed us the real Jamaica. Beautiful!! The ride to and from the resort is very slow. So plan for those to days to be gone. We also bumped into a family we meet last year in Negril which was cool we remembered each other.
As for Negril and Turks and Caicos, they were fantastic too. I can't say anything wrong with any of these properties. They are all unique and have good things about each.
My tips are, don't pay for the concierges level, we did in Negril and really don't know why you need to at an all inclusive. The cabanas are an add on price, but well worth it. You really feel like you are on vacation with the personnel service. Leave home as early in the day as you can.
My vote for the best, well we REALLY liked Negril. The resort was on a beautiful beach, resort was not too large or too small, the staff there was the friendliest, ride there didn't seem so long.
But you want go wrong with any vacation to a Beaches property. I hear they are opening one in Barbados. I hope soooo!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sounds like you really had a wonderful stay with us at Beaches Ocho Rios. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are thrilled to read that you had such an incredible stay.

Thank you for you review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our family just returned with such great memories. The service was very personal, almost like you're staying with family or close friends. The staff was amazing with our young boys (10, 7, and 10 months). The food was excellent with lots of choice, we definitely had our favourites. The resort was very accessible considering we had a stroller. The water park was our kids favourite spot on the resort thanks to Romane and the rest of the watersport staff and lifeguards. My 7 year old enjoyed spending time with Carrissa and Simone in the kids club. He really felt sad saying goodbye to them. We already rebooked for next year prior to leaving the resort because we liked it so much. All staff from the servers to management genuinely care about your stay! Davin in the Venetian made my kids smile. My 10 yr old said he made his day every time we saw him!

Room Tip: If travelling with kids or stroller choose ground floor. There are elevators but not close to all ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful resort! It's such an honor to hear your kind words about your stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so proud that our staff made your stay such an amazing experience. We always strive to offer the best vacation possible to our guests and I'm thrilled to hear that we did just that during your stay!

We can't wait to welcome you back for another great visit!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Beaches Ocho Rios is AWESOME! We stayed 7 days during Thanksgiving week, and had a wonderful time. Our room was a little worn, and our view was of a blacktop roof, with the sea beyond it, BUT with that said, our room was large and comfortable with large windows for lots of light. The bed was quite firm, but not uncomfortable, even for a squishy bed loving person like me. The pillows were really fluffy and comfy, and there were plenty of them. Housekeeping kept our bathroom stocked with lots of towels, and our room was kept quite clean and cool. Mini fridge was always stocked with water and juice (free of charge) and because we were Sandals Select members, we had a plate of fruit and free tee-shirts in our room on arrival. This is an older resort, but was still quite lovely and well maintained. The staff.....oh the fabulous staff!!! They treated us like family, especially my 7 year old son. Beaches truly has something for everyone of every age. My son did not do the camp because the activities for his age group were a little too juvenile for him, and the kids were younger. He prefers hanging out with older kids. However, there was more than enough to keep him busy the whole week without the camp. Once he learned his way around, we felt comfortable letting him go do his thing without constant supervision. He loved the water park, and the lifeguards were so great with the kids! One even challenged my son to a swimming race (he's a competitive swimmer ) where he let my son win just by a hand. He is STILL telling everyone how he beat a real lifeguard! There was one lovely attendant that brought my son and his friend "cocktails" at the hot tub just like a couple of grown-ups, and the bar tenders at the swim-up bar made sure he had his fill of virgin strawberry Daqueries, and made sure my husband and I were never thirsty. The self serve ice cream and nachos were great, and the food was surprisingly good overall. Neptunes and Elenores were definitely the best, and at Elenores, my son received chicken nuggets with white glove service! Wow! Just wow! We went snorkeling twice, and on one of the trips, my son actually got to drive the boat. The staff of Beaches definitely understands that when kids are happy, parents are happy. Kids are treated like royalty, and parents are able to relax. For Thanksgiving, there was a buffet complete with turkey and gravy, and American football games on a big movie screen by the pool. There was even a Jamaican Santa for the kids. At the beginning of our trip my son was all Mr. Cool with typical American attitude, and by the end of our trip he was relaxed and going with the flow. He even let me take his picture with Grover. We never left the property the whole week, and we still came home completely exhausted from all the activity. It is impossible to get bored at Beaches. Towels are provided poolside, and while they did run out during the day, they were always restocked as quickly as possible. There are little shade cabanas on the beach that are first come first serve, so if you happen to get up early, you can reserve one by putting shirts or towels on them. We were even able to leave our belongings on our chairs while swimming, and nobody ever touched it. This was my son's first trip outside the U.S. and it did not disappoint. We just got back, but we're already planning our next Beaches vacation!

Room Tip: Best rooms are definitely the beach front rooms (especially the beach walk-out rooms) if you can aff...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We're so thrilled to hear of your outstanding stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. Our highly trained staff work hard to ensure that our guests enjoy every minute of their precious vacation time spent with us. So it's great to hear that your stay was such an incredible experience, especially your interactions with our staff members. Thank you for your review!

We can't wait for you to return for another amazing vacation!
Clinton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband, myself and our two daughters, ages 11 and 15, travelled to Beaches Ocho Rios from November 18 - 24, 2013. This was our second time visiting this resort and our second time to fall in love with it. Because it was our second visit, it felt very much like coming home! The staff are amazing here making you feel welcome and doing everything they can to make your vacation perfect. We loved seeing our "old friends" and it is surprising how many of the staff remember your face although they may not remember your name. We also made a lot of new friends this time. A special shout out to Aaron at the swim up bar, Rupert and Fiona at the Soon Come Back desk, Claude and Anthony at Watersports and especially Tamika at Josephines who made us feel like family and who our youngest daughter fell in love with. We miss you all! I also had the luck and honour to meet Adam Stewart (CEO of Sandals and Beaches) on our vacation!
As for the resort itself...the food is great, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the pools and waterpark super fun and the staff and service are superb! I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting a fun family vacation. Sandals and Beaches is definately the way to go....we've already booked to return!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your great review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to our property. It seems your second stay was just as exciting as, if not more than, your first trip. We love to exceed the expectations of our return guests and look forward to many more awesome visits in the future!

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!