I was very anxious about coming here because I read so many mixed reviews.
Here's the bottom line in my opinion, from a value stand point this place is great. I think you are rewarded to make the trek 2 hours from the airport (not a terrible drive but it is 2 full hours) and you get a very nice resort for a great value.
However if you come here expecting this place to be on par with the likes of Ritz Carlton you will be disappointed. It's a notch down from that but still very good. I think those are the people who must not like this place.
The food is good but not top of the line 5 star. It's about as good as red lobster or a nice Italian chain restaurant. Portions are small compared to what we are used to, but you can manage around that with appetizers and desserts.
The other thing if note is that relative to other beach resorts I've been to this place is very small. My wife and I actually enjoyed this with kids aged 9, 6, and 4. From the beach the kids were contained and we could relax in our chairs and keep an eye on them. The water park the kids absolutely loved and we could pretty much have an eye on them from our chairs in the whole park. The pool is not to deep I. The water park so our kids were not at risk of drowning or in need of adult hand holding or carrying (unless your kids are under 4) The other thing about a small resort was that we saw many of the same people every day and made friends.
Overall we loved our trip and would definitely do beaches again for our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Despegar.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios