We came over for a visit while staying at Sandals Grande Riviera, and I have to say, I LOVED it here! My husband and I love water slides, and always wanted to check out Beaches, but never did until this trip. I’m so glad we did!!!
First of all, there was no one around! I don’t know if it was the time of year so kids were in school, or if it was because it had rained earlier, but we saw like 20 guests, tops! We ate lunch at the grill by ourselves, then headed to the water slides, and one other family was over there. We saw a few other people walking around in that area, and a few in the main pool, and a family on the beach, and that was it! It was like we had the resort to ourselves!
We sat down to order lunch, and they had a veggie burger on the menu. I had tried to get a veggie burger at Sandals all week, and kept being told they were out. I ordered one expecting them to tell me they were out, too, and they had it and it was no issue at all. They also had curly fries, which they didn’t have all week at Sandals! Hands down, this was by far our best lunch of the week!
I also really like Absolut Vanilla, and can never find it at Sandals even though it is on their list at the bars. The first bar we walked by was at the main pool, and guess what was right there? Absolute Vanilla! They were two for two before we even got to the water slides. : )
I had only researched Beaches a little bit since I knew we were only going for a few hours, so I didn’t really know what to expect. The water park is fairly small with an area for kids, some kiddie slides, and then 3 or 4 adult slides. I expected to wait in some kind of line, but it was literally just us and a family of 4. We could have rode every slide as many times as we wanted! It took more time and energy to climb up the steps than it did to go down the slide. And great exercise, too! And the watersports staff were really fun, and they went down the really fast slide and skidded across the water to the pool deck. Really fun to watch! The really fast slide I only did once because it was over so quickly, but I was told that is the “favorite”. I preferred the gray one that twisted around more. We each probably rode down them at least 10 times. We only stayed on resort for a few hours, but if we go back, I’d probably stay longer. I would have stayed on those slides all day if we didn’t have to catch our cab back!
After the water park, we dried off and went down and checked out the beach. They have an elevator you can take down, and there are windows in it so you can see the ocean. The beach was very nice. Not huge, but bigger than any section at SGR. We are more pool people, and were short on time, so we just stuck our feet in. We also only saw the main pool, which was very pretty, but I know there were more.
I didn’t see any rooms, so I can’t base my review on that, but our day trip was tons of fun, and I’d definitely go back! If you look at my other reviews, most resorts we visit for a day don’t win me over, so there was something special about Beaches Ocho Rios. We will definitely go back. We will still probably stay at Sandals just because we like it being adults only, but nothing I experienced at Beaches would deter me from staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios