“A Visit While Staying at Sandals” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$335 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Rochester, NY
“A Visit While Staying at Sandals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came over for a visit while staying at Sandals Grande Riviera, and I have to say, I LOVED it here! My husband and I love water slides, and always wanted to check out Beaches, but never did until this trip. I’m so glad we did!!!
First of all, there was no one around! I don’t know if it was the time of year so kids were in school, or if it was because it had rained earlier, but we saw like 20 guests, tops! We ate lunch at the grill by ourselves, then headed to the water slides, and one other family was over there. We saw a few other people walking around in that area, and a few in the main pool, and a family on the beach, and that was it! It was like we had the resort to ourselves!
We sat down to order lunch, and they had a veggie burger on the menu. I had tried to get a veggie burger at Sandals all week, and kept being told they were out. I ordered one expecting them to tell me they were out, too, and they had it and it was no issue at all. They also had curly fries, which they didn’t have all week at Sandals! Hands down, this was by far our best lunch of the week!
I also really like Absolut Vanilla, and can never find it at Sandals even though it is on their list at the bars. The first bar we walked by was at the main pool, and guess what was right there? Absolute Vanilla! They were two for two before we even got to the water slides. : )
I had only researched Beaches a little bit since I knew we were only going for a few hours, so I didn’t really know what to expect. The water park is fairly small with an area for kids, some kiddie slides, and then 3 or 4 adult slides. I expected to wait in some kind of line, but it was literally just us and a family of 4. We could have rode every slide as many times as we wanted! It took more time and energy to climb up the steps than it did to go down the slide. And great exercise, too! And the watersports staff were really fun, and they went down the really fast slide and skidded across the water to the pool deck. Really fun to watch! The really fast slide I only did once because it was over so quickly, but I was told that is the “favorite”. I preferred the gray one that twisted around more. We each probably rode down them at least 10 times. We only stayed on resort for a few hours, but if we go back, I’d probably stay longer. I would have stayed on those slides all day if we didn’t have to catch our cab back!
After the water park, we dried off and went down and checked out the beach. They have an elevator you can take down, and there are windows in it so you can see the ocean. The beach was very nice. Not huge, but bigger than any section at SGR. We are more pool people, and were short on time, so we just stuck our feet in. We also only saw the main pool, which was very pretty, but I know there were more.
I didn’t see any rooms, so I can’t base my review on that, but our day trip was tons of fun, and I’d definitely go back! If you look at my other reviews, most resorts we visit for a day don’t win me over, so there was something special about Beaches Ocho Rios. We will definitely go back. We will still probably stay at Sandals just because we like it being adults only, but nothing I experienced at Beaches would deter me from staying there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear that we were able to exceed both your and your husband's expectations during your visit. You both had an amazing day at Beaches Ocho Rios and our team on resort will be glad to hear of your kind mention. We can't wait to welcome you back in the future for more exciting water park experiences!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband & I chose this resort for our wedding. We already have 2 girls (6 & 3) and traveled with 18 people total. It was amazing! Better then we had even expected. We stayed for 9 nights and everything was perfect. We didn't love our view from our room upon checking in & the front desk (DeanPaul, Tricia, Recardo, Shaneque ) were very accommodating & moved us immediately to a view that better suited us. The property is gorgeous, the staff is amazing, the resort activities are great (Nishawn does a fabulous job with the kids) and the food is unbelievably good! The waterpark is great for kids & adults. Beach & pool are both very nice. Lots of activities!!

Our wedding coordinator (Simone) made sure our special day was perfect (and manager AnnaKay is great!!) Our photographer (Nevin,along with the help of Micshane) took the most amazing pictures..I'm a real picture person & he took so many great shots that it was so hard to choose but Isheka from the photo shop sat with us patiently for over 2 hours as we chose our favorites and Kedene helped us along the way as well.

I can't stress enough how great the staffs is! They really make this resort different from the rest. They treat you like you're family and go out of their way to make everything perfect. Donald on the beach is amazing & helpful! Zane from the beach bar went out of his way to make me a little concoction with tea & honey since it was the night before the wedding & I had lost my voice. Sasha & Camille found us everyday to make sure we were happy with our stay. It is truly important to have great customer service at resorts and Beaches Ocho Rios definitely nailed it!

Also thank you to Fiona from the soon come back for all your help. Seante, Charissa, Nathalee and Shaneak...Beaches Ocho Rios wouldn't be the same without you amazing ladies!

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're thrilled that you had an absolutely wonderful stay and beautiful wedding. We always do our best to ensure our guests are comfortable and worry-free. It was an honor to host you and your family and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Ames, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Of course as anyone can see from photos--this resort is beautiful, but the staff is its true beauty. You will gain personal friendships with the staff which will cause you to instantly want to re-book a stay once you leave. After the first day, many of the staff knew my family and I by name, which is unlike any other service I have received elsewhere. Some of the staff members that specifically stuck out due to their excellence in service was Cleveland at the Piano Bar, Lashonna, Orando and Stacy-Anne at the Creperie and Dameon, the lifeguard in Watersports. The only reason I would need for returning back to the resort is these people. They did more than cater, they genuinely care about the guests. Although the staff at this resort do not accept tips, their service was utmost and they deserve recognition. If the hotel staff at any resort modeled the personal service of Cleveland, Lashonna, Orando, Stacy-Anne and Dameon, that hotel would be an undeniable hit that would leave its guest impatiently waiting their next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios! We're thrilled to read of your phenomenal stay at our resort. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure our guests are happy and they'll be so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back!
New Albin,IA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed from Nov 16 to Nov 22. First, I would like to thank the following staff members for making our Wedding Day and Family Vacation Week a great success. Michelle our Wedding Planner was with us every step of the way to ensure we had the best day ever. Dameon (Pepper) working in the Watersports area is a great asset to the Beaches Resort when it comes to delivering the customers a most memorable vacation. Dameon was very helpful in taking care of our family members for having a very fun time on all the water activities. Ruppert (Concierge) made our vacation as enjoyable as possible by making sure with every time we passed through the lobby to ask if we needed anything. Navedine, Wow! What can I say other than OUTSTANDING! Navedine was our go to person for our Rehearsal and Wedding Dinners. Navedine and her staff did an outstanding job from beginning to end to ensure that everyone received top class service. Thank you to Rayon for keeping our fridge stocked and a big thank you to Kemoya in Housekeeping for keeping our rooms in tip top shape through out our stay. Last but not least, a thank you to the Beachfront bar crew....Nike, Shadae and Shaneak for providing great service to us and our family for our stay. When stung by a bee money is to come your way.....we will wait and see, thanks for everything.

Overall this is a great resort for Couples and Families. Plenty of enjoyable activities to take part in and plenty of time to just relax. Very relaxing stay and never once felt hurried as you do when back in the states on a vacation. Great food, great drinks, great rooms. I have nothing bad to say about this place, we had nothing but a great time. The only down side was having to leave the 85 degree weather and get off of the plane in MSP to start enjoying the 12 degree weather. We enjoyed this place soooooo much, that we have booked for the same week next year to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary. Thanks again to Beaches Ocho Rios and their staff for making this a great vacation.

Jerry, Sue and Noah (Jr. Skipper)
Iowa

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the beach. It was great to walk out of the room onto the deck in the morning or...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios! It was truly an honor to share such a special occasion with you and we're so glad that your stay and wedding were both marvelous experiences. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your entire vacation and that your trip was such a memorable one.

We can't wait to see you back again in the near future!
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was the first resort vacation for our family, we were there for 4 nights and 5 days on the Caribbean Luxury Family Sized Suite with double bed room, The rooms were very spacy and comfortable. It also had an additional bedding facility in the sofa, that could be turned into bed. The Check in process was quick and amazing, as our room was not ready when we checked in, they took us for the lunch and gave us a guided tour of the facility. We being vegetarian, the chef from the kitchen came out and asked us what we like and prepared us a wonderful dish in 10 minutes, and every day during our lunch and dinner, they went out of the way to provide us with good authentic vegetarian food. The pool and the kids slide pools were excellently maintained with life guards at every place and I also noticed them also having fun with kids, sliding down with them, encouraging them and giving them tips. My son made a rapport with one of the life guard and while we were leaving went all the way back to the pool to wave him. The bars were all well stocked and the bar tender were not shying away from providing good cocktails. I would surely visit them again. They sure had good entertainment and points system for contests.
One negative I found in the resort was that people were smoking everywhere, they did not have designated smoking place, This really bothered me as there were kids everywhere and people smoking near pool and in the beach.

Great place to go again!!!!

Room Tip: Caribbean Luxury Family Sized Suite on the left side of the resort are calmer and closer to all reso...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed our delicious food, exciting entertainment and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was the third Sandals/Beaches vacation we have taken, but our first to a Beaches Resort. To be quite honest, I could not decide on which resort to visit with my husband, 8 year old boy and 9 year old girl so I let the kids pick... and Beaches Ocho Rios it was!

First off, I was a little scared about the drive from the airport because of the reviews I had read, but it wasn't that bad at all. The roads were okay and we just sat back and relaxed for the 2 hour drive. It couldn't have been that bad considering we had already flown 8 hours total and had a 4 hour layover. We were the only ones on the bus and the driver kept us entertained and informed. He was great.

Upon arrival we were quickly checked in as I had previously checked in online before we left home. We were taken to our room which was much bigger than I thought it would be. We were starving, since it was 10:30 at night and had a quick bite to eat at the BBQ Park then headed off to bed.

There is so much to do here for all ages. The entertainment crew, Kerri Lee, Jameylya, Monique and Orville kept us busy and having FUN! The kids liked taking part in the activities and we all made friends. The entertainment staff have a genuine love for their jobs and definitely made our vacation even better. The nightly game shows were a huge hit for us.

A huge shout out to Auntie Pat in the craft room, she is a true gem. Her love for children and her gift of creativity makes that room magical. The crafts were not included but I didn't expect them to be. Our daughter loved visiting the craft room and even our son made a bracelet or two ;-)

The food was great, we tried to eat at each and every restaurant and try everything. We loved Miguel, Ornando and the staff at the Creperie... well Amoy, my kids favorite, Sharian (the smoothie lady) and crew at Bayside were awesome.. actually they were all AWESOME! Every single one of them.

The water park was truly amazing. The life guards loved kids and we loved them! Thank you for helping to make that a safe area for our kids to play in. I think my husband and I may have had more fun there than the kids... it's a toss up.

The beach was clean, a little small but it wasn't crowded at all. It was well kept and the watersports were fun.

We did have one little hiccup with some noisy neighbours and a rather intoxicated man trying to get into our room the second night but thanks to the front desk, especially Anevia and her stellar customer service (thank you!) we were moved to a different part of the resort and were able to move on with the rest of our vacation and put that little blip on our fun radar behind us. Rupert at the Soon Come Back desk was a real genuine and was a pleasure to talk with each day.

We left this resort truly happy and our hearts were full with all of the love and friendships we built with the staff and other wonderful families staying at the resort. Our son is rather quiet and takes a long time to build relationships. It warmed my heart the last day when he requested to stop and say good-bye to his favourite employees. We left with happy memories, full bellies, big hearts and great tans <3 Thank you Beaches Ocho Rios for the memories. Your resort is a true testament to what Sandals Resorts strive for... we were treated better than kings and queens.... we were treated like family. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We're so thrilled to read of your incredible stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We're even more excited to hear that you were so impressed with our level of service. We always strive to uphold the highest levels of service and quality and we appreciate you taking notice. Thank you for your review.

We look forward to seeing you back in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We just returned from a wedding at Beaches Ocho Rios. We had an amazing time. The people were so friendly and very accommodating. The bus ride from the airport is 2 hours but it is worth the ride.

When we arrived, we were welcomed with a few drinks and had a brief orientation of the hotel and grounds. We checked in and went straight to the pool. This was the off-season so there were just enough people around to make it comfortable.

I can not emphasize how great the staff was. If you do not have good people, it will ruin your vacation. The staff at beaches MADE our vacation. They were always there to lend a helping hand or lead us in the right direction. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable even when it was not there job to do so. I will never forget them. Shout out to Cleveland at the piano bar!

The pool was comfortable and they even had a waterpark for the kids. There were numerous water sports activities including snorkeling, riding in a glass bottom boat, paddleboarding and scuba diving.

I am a certified diver and took advantage of the free diving offered through the resort. Special thanks to the team at the dive shop including Judy, Prince and Donald!! They made sure I had a great time. Prince was a great dive instructor and I saw some of the biggest sea turtles!

I will be returning to this resort. The food was amazing and the staff was even better. RESPECT!

Room Tip: There are a few roosters near rooms 1235. If you don't mind waking up at sunrise, then those roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. It's a pleasure to see that our staff was able to showcase the true hospitality for which we are known and make quite an impression during your stay. Thank you for your review.

We hope to see you back again very soon!

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!