Returned 2 days ago from Beaches, Ocho Rios. My daughter and I went for a wedding. This resort was so much more than I EVER expected. The staff was awesome from the minute we arrived until the minute when we sadly left.
The wedding was beautiful, everyone made sure the bride was attended to and every detail was taken care of. I would not HESITATE to have a wedding at Beaches.
Onto our vacation: Beach is small, but the resort wasn't very crowded at the beginning of our trip. We had no problem getting a cabana or a chair. The pool was a bit more crowded, with the families, but around lunch, chairs cleared out. Beach is clean, ladies coming by to take drink orders or offer fruit frequently.
We were originally given a room with a king bed. There is a pullout in the couch, but neither of us wanted to sleep on that, on this vacation. We had requested 2 beds. When I asked if a room with 2 beds was available, the lady said she wasn't sure.(there is a bit of remodeling going on). She made a call from our room, and said she would find out. She left and within 5 minutes, the phone rang, and they had a room ready for us, with 2 beds. I think the 2 bed room was a downgrade, and maybe that's why she hesitated. But even if it was a downgrade, it was FANTASTIC! The beds are VERY comfortable, the room was VERY spacious! Our room had a balcony that overlooked the restaurant, but we could see the ocean if we stood in the corner. That was okay, we weren't in the room nor on the balcony very often. Nice tv, fully stocked fridge, spacious bathroom. Great water pressure in the shower.
The food was good. Lots to chose from. Bayside, the buffet has themes every day. Seafood lasagna was fantastic! Vivian the omelet maker has a huge smile every morning for you!!!!
I preferred Bayside and Eleanor's over the Venetian. Venetian was slow and just so so. But the bride in our party loved it, so its all a matter of personal taste. Extra touches like homemade cookies at the front desk, or the cool menthol towels upon arrival were much appreciated!
I only came across one or two not so friendly employees. The rest of the workers made us feel like queens, and the most important people in the world. The always greeted us with a smile, and a hello, or how are you today? Front desk was always helpful and happy to see us.
Drinks were good, and plenty. Be sure to find the creperie,Josephine's, and the bar above the Water Sports/Dive office. We met up with Mr M, and his crew. Orville made up special drinks for my daughter. What that man can come up with is amazing!!! Mr M is top gun of the food and drinks at the resort, yet he took time to visit and talk with my daughter and I. He's working hard to make this the best resort in Jamaica. I think he's succeeding!
Just a shout out to some of the "special" people who made sure we had a good time: Carlos, Janice, Shaneeka,Vivian,Cinderella(yes, that IS her real name!), Cyian, and the lady who made up our room. If we slept late, and missed having our room cleaned, she made sure she spruced it up when she turned down the beds. She also gave us clean towels at this time. I never expected the room to be done at bedtime! AWESOME!!!!
If you MUST have a walk out room, close to the beach, go for it. However, those rooms are on the "boardwalk" and anyone and everyone walking by can look into your room. They are also small. I would not chose to spend the extra money for a smaller room, and one anyone can look into. No privacy.
Bottom line: I would go again in a heartbeat to this resort. I know I forgot some people's names, and I am sorry for that, but 99.9 % of all the workers are the BEST!!!!! Only a few seemed unhappy to be there. Mr M told us that the Jamaica people love what they do, or they don't do it. It shows at Beaches.
Thank you Beaches!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.