This was our first "out-of-the-country" family vacation that we have been planning for almost a year. My husband & I brought our five children and my mother to Beaches Ocho Rios. Our children's ages range from twin 5 year olds, 8 year old, 13 year old & 17 year old. Needless to say, we were all very excited about this trip. Upon arrival, we were greeted with friendly smiles from the concierge staff. Unfortunately, there was a mix up of our rooms.....we were supposed to have two rooms adjoining on the 4th floor. Our rooms were nowhere near each other & one of the rooms had a broken AC unit. Due to the hotel being at capacity, we had to make the best of the situation for that 1st night. The next day, the hotel resolved the issue and moved us to another room that had the connecting doors. Besides that......our family had a wonderful time together! There were plenty of activities for the whole family all day long & into the night. The pool & watersides were tons of fun! We enjoyed use of a private poolside cabana with butler service. The beach area was nice and water was calm & inviting, however, there seemed to be some major construction going on right next to the water sports area. There was a huge crane that was fenced off.....what an eye-sore! Luckily, we ended up having such a good time that we barely noticed it.
The staff at Beaches was very sincere & kind! We really appreciated the generosity shown especially by Merville Walker (lifeguard). He taught our kids how to sail & kayak. He really took his time & patience with our family. Also, Rockeeto & Venice took great care of us in our cabana!!! They even brought us fresh coconut to enjoy. Our kids asked about these staff members in particular, because they connected with them! We felt very relaxed and at ease at Beaches Ocho Rios.
I would definitely recommend a trip to Dunn's River Falls...we left the little ones at daycamp for that one. It was breathtaking & exciting! Also, Dolphin Cove was very cool. We swam with the sharks, snorkeled with the sting-rays, walked thru the jungle trail to see exotic birds, iguanas & snakes. We are grateful to have had the opportunity to share this experience with our family!
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.