We are a returning customer to beaches. Our first experience to beaches was in Turks and Caicos in 2011. It was fabulous so we decided to book again in Ochos Rios in Jamaica June 2013.There is no comparison with resorts and I will describe below. The rooms seemed cleaner in Turks and Caicos. We arrived to Jamaica June 8, 2013 around 4:30 PM and waited only a few minutes in the lobby until our room was cleaned. The room lacked towels a few days in which we had to ask for them and received them quickly. We also lacked toiletries and finally after asking twice received them on Thursday after going over a review with one of the staff. The room service consistently stocked our refrigerator with complimentary soda (coke products) and water. The staff in Jamaica was friendlier than Turks. In Turks, we had to figure everything out ourselves and missed out on a lot of activities for kids. In Jamaica, we were offered tour of the grounds. Ash was phenomenal. she (one of tweens leaders) came around several times daily to make sure our sons knew about activities going on throughout the day and made sure the kids had a great time. She kept mom and dad informed of everything. She was very personable and excellent. Renex, Mario, and Junior
were particularly a hit with the kids and kept the party going. They were great also. Kerry Lee made sure everyone stayed entertained and had a great time with kids and adult games. She even completed a survey with us on the grounds so that the resort knew how we were doing and how they could get better. Diving was excellent with Prince. He was very patient with new divers and personable. However we are certified divers and it was nice to know that you could sign up daily for diving vs Turks. When we were at Turks, diving was signed up for the entire week leaving those that just arrived with no time slots until end of week. Jamaica was fair with diving and snorkeling. However, the Turks had a working dock and more boats than Jamaica. The reefs are no comparison as Turks are beautiful due to marine reserve. Jamaica's reefs were not as beautiful and were constantly fished due to no marine reserve? The banana boat ride was a hit with kids. Snorkeling was fun but not enough time. Need more boats in Jamaica so others can snorkel through day. The beach was small, water cloudy, and swam in a bunch of seaweed. We remained at pool rest of trip. The food was good. Hats off to the chef at Eleanor's. Fantastic food there nod Venetian. The bay side was good for kids as well as Neptunes. We had a candle lit dinner one night on the beach (extra cost) which was great. Sushana did an excellent job serving us and even came up to us at breakfast the next day to ensure we had a great time. She is very good at what she does. Gavin was fun, energetic, and a great cook at bayside buffet. He kept us entertained at the buffet and came out to say hello while we were in the pool. He even held a cooking show where we sampled some Jamaican dishes which were yummy! Our experience was a good one in Jamaica. Turks was great as well. There are always plus and minuses wherever you go. Overall a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios