“Vacation 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Kingston, Jamaica
“Vacation 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The property is beautiful,well kept and clean newly remodeled. We were greeted warmly with a welcome drink then came the highlight of the day...Recordo from the front desk. His personality was so warm and cheerful,he made us feel so very welcome. He is definitely at the right spot.....front desk to welcome...cause that is what he does and clearly loves doing him.
The food was good but too much cheese on most things. Not so much things with cheese please!
The spa was Devine...Melissa friendly and pleasant.The masseuse was wonderful Jackie,she did an excellent job.
Most of the staff were eager to please a handful needs more training
The evening operations manager Christopher was quit impressive...he listened intently as I spoke with him as he took notes on all my concerns.
The smoothies at breakfast is a great idea.
My daughter Naomi age 4 had a ball in the kiddies park,never wanted to leave.
The nightly entertainment was real good.
I would recommend Beaches to anyone.
Keep up the good job guys!
Lisa G-G

Room Tip: Beach view not too close to nightly entertainment. East side rooms closer to kiddies park and dining...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a fantastic time my son and I had @ Beaches Ocho Rios. Plenty for each of us to do and the property and staff were amazing. There are a couple people I have to mention:

Teran--who taught our resort scuba course. Very patient & reassuring...without his encouragement, my son and I wouldn't have learned to dive together and have an incredible shared experience. I can't thank him enough.

Alicia & Nickesha w/the Concierge Team. These ladies worked hard to ensure all guests had a memorable vacation. they made it their personal mission to make certain we knew everything occurring on property and had a chance to take part. We would pop into their office just to say hello and spend a few minutes visiting with them. By the end of our stay, we knew we would miss them terribly. On our last night, Alicia, Nickesha and several Concierge staffers brought us a plate of chocolate treats with a chocolate farewell message, sang a good-bye song and gave my son a shirt with messages from the team members! At departure, there were more hugs and a few tears...along with 2 new Aunty's for my son.

We had such a wonderful time, we'll soon come back for his birthday.

Room Tip: Rooms in Lanai Bldg overlook beach, get morning sun then enjoy shade thru the afternoon with great v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have just recently stayed at Beaches Ocho Rios and me and my sisters and nephew had the time of our lives and will be returning with more of us another 5 of us in Summer 2013!!
The food, service, rooms, people...I couldnt fault a thing!
The playmakers who kept us entertained every day and they actually made our Holiday perfect Renex, Fabian, Chloe, Monique, Dexton, Junior, Ash and a very special mention to a fantastic trainee playmaker Kemar who was fantastic with the kids and all of the above mentioned were absolutely fantastic and they worked so hard to keep everyone entertained night and day and even the adults too.
Omar a trainee at the pool bar was great always knew what drink you wanted before you even asked, Zaine at the bayside bar was the best barman I have ever met!! Travanio at the BBQ Park was the best waiter ever and always greeted us with a smile ad nothing was ever too much trouble. Arron and Devon at the pool bar were great with the cocktails too...made the best Purple Rains cocktails and because of all these people I have mentioned I will be returning with more of my family this Summer......start booking Beaches Ocho Rios people!!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We spent a week here from 5/7-5/13. We are normally not the types to go to an all inclusive resort, but with 2 kids, 7 and 4, the prospect of traveling plus having to clean and cook was too much to bear. We opted for the "easy" vacation this time. Over all, the resort is well maintained, with exceptional staff (special thanks to, Susan, the sweetest! Charissa, Lamarr, Ash, Auntie Pat, Gavin, Fabian, and everyone else who kept the kids busy!) all of whom were kind and caring. We did not leave the kids at the kids camp for more than a couple of hours a day, but they always had a blast. The pools are nice, drinks are well made with top shelf liquor, food was good (especially on Jamaican night). Some complained about the small beach but it did not bother us at all. The only tiny thing I wished for was more hot water pressure and tub that had a working stopper. I like my baths and this one was a bit run down. I also heard that some folks got room upgrades, which kind of annoyed me because we paid for an ocean front suite. If there was the possibility of getting upgraded without paying extra, I would have just booked a regular room. But really, we had a very good time!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Beaches Ocho Rios, we stayed from 5/6-5/13 and had a fantastic time! We had our wedding at the resort, right on the beach. The wedding dept., especially Michelle and Simone were so friendly and helpful and made sure everything went exactly as planned, leaving no stress for us. We had 27 guests and they were all very happy. Especially loved the chocolate wedding cake, our guests were raving about it.
The resort was very clean, very beautiful, staff was so friendly and always checking to see if you needed anything. We got upgraded to a room right on the beach and could not have been happier. The room was always clean, always had fresh towels and water, juice, beer, etc. We loved snorkeling, I was a little scared having never done it before but our instructor was awesome! He even took our underwater camera and dove down to get us some great shots of fish and rays. We also loved Dwayne, met him at the waterpark and he answered all our questions about Jamaica, recommended fun things to do, and always checked in on us to make sure we were having a good time. If you go to Eleanor's (geat food!) I hope you get Daniel, he was THE BEST. We went there with 7 people (some very picky eaters) and he made sure we had one the best dinners of our whole stay. I also recommed the candlelight dinner on the beach. Request Dean as your waiter if you can, he is great. It was beautiful, very romantic and Dean made sure no one bothered my husband and I while we enjoyed our meal. He and Daniel were our favorite dinner staff.
Like some other reviewers, I read some bad reviews on here prior to our trip, but from the minute we arrived everything was perfect. Our wedding was perfect, the staff was amazing, the resort was clean and comfortable, our guests loved it, the kids all had a great time and the staff was always finding activities for them to give the adults a break. We could not have been happier with our trip and cannot wait to go back.

If I had any complaint, it would be the photos. The photographer was great, but we paid $240 for 12 images on a cd. My husband is a professional photographer, and he would never even think of charging someone that much. For the equipment they are using (cameras, printers, editing software, etc) it is just too much.

Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This resort was wonderful the staff was amazing ! Our son got involved with many activities he is 14 thanks to Ash, Monich, Chloe we loved these girls they are so personable energized and fun!! He also met good friends! Great memories! He did not want to leave unlike him, "Best trip ever!"! The staff is the best they are friendly funny and make you very comfortable, every morning you start with breakfast and a show with a wonderful omelette maker who sings and is very entertaining! ( such a happy staff)!! everyone speaks to you by name and big smiles we had a sweet waitress Cinderella Pink we loved her ,great asset to there staff , I also had forgot my brush so to my amazement Alcia in concierge took it upon herself to pick me up one from town!,, The concierge people were all very helpfull and nice!, anything we wanted it was there, clean rooms great view excellent food , we were spoiled and treated like kings , we enjoyed many of there activities also they had fun things on stage ever night for everyone fire shows snake shows fashion shows games. Ect. Also they had Buffett set up in different settings on beach , poolside, We enjoyed boat rentals Judy rents your boats we miss Judy lovely person she is so personable and sweet never forgets your name great asset for there resort. Included was sailing, glass bottom boat, snorkeling , Roger and mike took us out and let me tell you once again great asset to staff great with kids very knowledgable fun and funny, we were there for 9 days we were never board we will be back the staff is wonderful and we miss them all we felt like we all were family we were sad to leave :-(. This resort has a outstanding staff great food wonderful rooms beautiful beach great pools fun swim up bar and a lot of activities what more could you want ? It was our first time here and we did not know what to expect but we were impressed !

Room Tip: We upgraded to concierge room on the south side it was quieter almost a private pool, walk down ste...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just came back from ochos rios and had an awesome time, it was not crowded at all which was good as it was not too crowded and can enjoy the resort without bumping into each other. We booked concierge rooms which was totally worth it. Even though tipping is not required but if you do it, they will remember you and will take care of you even better, their service is top notch, the pools are great, the restaurants are great. Garcia from sports activity center was awesome, he made sure that we are always taken care of. Its a beautiful property, its situated on a hill so the pools and the restaurants and the water park is on the fourth floor which makes the views very scenic, the water rides are great fun for adults and for kids. The only weird thing was that thepatio was shared and everyone walked looking into your room, thank god it was very slow season, i can imagine it being very annoying to see whole bunch of people walking and looking through your door but still i will definitely go back!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2310 whichwas great but they share the patio which is little odd!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!