Beaches in Ocho Rios is an older property that has been several different resorts. It is REALLY a place for kids of all ages…they had activities for our entire crew of 19 with age ranges from 65 to 5 (children from 17 to 5).
Overall our trip was very good. We chose Beaches of Ocho Rios for our 2013 family vacation. Nikkishia, at the concierge desk worked very hard trying to make sure we had all our rooms right. All five rooms were perfect for each family. Justin finished out the details to make sure things went well for us.
Our room #2303 was nice with a shared lanai. It was close to both the pool and beach. Karen kept it in perfect order everyday. Our view was great and we had no foot traffic from other guests. All the rooms located in the main building accomdating our children and their families had views with balconies or French balconies.
It has a small, secured, beautiful beach area, which is a good thing because you can actually release the kids and not worry about them wandering away or getting in any kind of scary situation. Water sports were all included as were use of the water toys, and our crew used them all!
They have 4 restaurants which were pretty good overall as well as the buffet. The go to buffet, Bayside, served tasty diverse food. The menu changed daily but there were the favorites served daily. Don't miss Veneisha at the smoothy bar to start your day. Look for Mojo, Milton and Paula for good service and Miss Susan always seats you with a smile.
Neptune was our favorite restaurant. Many people don't realize it's open for lunch as well as dinner. Here you eat seafood over the water or overlooking the water. The fried shrimp appetizer (and I don't normally eat fried) was my favorite item the whole trip. Florian, the food and beverage manager, did a great job setting up us for a special birthday dinner over the water.
Elanore's was our disappointment. Service was very slow and the food wasn't what everyone cranked it up to be. We waited over an hour just for drinks. For "Surf and Turf" the steak was sinuey and very rare and our lobster ended up being shrimp. Daniel did his best to keep us pleased.
The Venetian restaurant was nice and the food was good. Here I go again liking fried, the calamari appetizer was done very well. I really enjoyed the Tiramisu. Delroy, the manager, has lots of pride in his restaurant and Roman was very entertaining.
Stop by the BarBQue Park and have Alvroy show you his serving tricks. We enjoyed the Jerk Chicken and Jerk Chicken pizza. The self serve area has great guacamole and meat pies.
All the bars served great drinks using name brand alcohol. Everyday there's a drink of the day...try them! My favorite was the French Martini made by, Ripton, at the Piano bar.
The big deal at Beaches was the attitude of the staff/workers- they ALL had great positive personalities and were very accommodating!
Nearly no-one was there without children/grandchildren, so that is obviously what they are all about. We met many families that were on their 3rd & 4th trip to this resort. Lots of Canadians and English families and lots of families from New England.
I have absolutely NO reservations about recommending this property to any family with kids of any age. The kids loved it! In fact, they said it was their most favorite resort yet, and they much preferred it over the RIU Palace properties we have gone to in Playa de Carmen, Negril, Punta Cana, etc.
I would not recommend this property to couples looking for romance or fine dining…that is not the deal at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios