“Loved the Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Memphis, TN
“Loved the Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

This was my first trip to Beaches Boscobel but will definitely NOT be the last. Our accomodations were clean and more than we expected. The staff was above anything that we could have hoped for. They were attentive, extremely friendly, helpful, and the best I have ever seen anywhere! Whenever we needed anything, they were always there to help and the favorite Jamaican saying of "No Problem" was certainly evident here. Nothing was a problem for them. There are not enough words to express the overall experience of this Resort. By the end of our trip, I felt like I had been there all my life and the staff was a part of my family. I have recommended this experience to all of my friends and like I said - I will definitely go back again. I have missed being there every day I have been back in the States. I DO feel like I left part of my family behind when I left Beaches. Well done! And thank you so much for making this trip a life long favorite memory! I will treasure this experience forever!

Stayed October 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
Manchester, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

This was exactly the vacation we were looking for. This was the first vacation we have taken in a long time where everyone had a good time. Once on the property, I had no reservations about letting my two teenage daughters roam the resort by themselves. I had been to Jamaica before but no one else in my family had. They were all impressed by the service at Beaches. Even though we were there during the slow season, we were treated like royalty. Will definitely go back the first chance we get.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — All of the staircases
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
long island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

Excellent staff with superb service!!!!! Entertainment was excellent for the whole faimly.

Stayed October 2007
Woodbridge, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

I had such a great time at Beaches Boscobel! I gotta tell you, this whole Sesame Street thing is soooo much fun! My daughter had a blast. The Parade, the talent show, the limbo with the characters, the pool slide, my daughter was on stage so much having a blast. Its the best seeing your kids enjoy themselves. I want to try the other Beaches resort in Turks & Caicos. The resort itself is about a 3-3 1/2 stars so you won't see luxury BUT the staff was wonderful. The food was very good, so much better than the majority of all inclusives I've experienced. I would recommend this resort to any family who wants to spend special time together.

• Liked — The activities, food
  • Disliked — The resort is a bit dated.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2007

My sons and I had the most wonderful vacation ever. My sons are 27 and 24 years old, and we were all like "little" kids with all the wonderful things that were going on at Beaches Boscobel.

The entertainment and the shopping opportunities at the resort when local "vendors" came on site, and we could purchase wonderful Jamaica gilts to bring home to California made the vacation simply great. The pool, swim up bar, beach, water slides were places that we hung out at during the day. There was so much to do, we couldn't get bored. The hardest decison we had to make all day was, should we "float in the pool" or relax at the swim up bar and those Pina Colado's were out of this world, I wish I had one right now.

The staff were just amazing- and the tour that we booked through the resort was wonderful - Dunn River Falls and the safari jeep ride were so much fun, and our tour guide "Gary" was someone we will always remember, we learned so much about Jamacia.

At the resort we especially enjoyed the following staff that helped to make our stay one we will never forget:

Geoffrey - our favorate bartender
Talia Edwards at the Ventian
Camille Williams - Bayside

I would especially like to acknowledge Dominique ([--]) who really helped us put this trip together - we got the exact room that we wanted and it had the most amazing view. She was always so very patient with all of us, answering each and every question that we had. This was a very "big vacation for my sons and I, we had never planned such a big trip before and thanks to Dominique and Beaches Boscobel, "we had the time of our lives"!!!!

We hope that you will acknowledge them in some way, we have been on many vacations but never treated so wonderfully - we were actually very sad when it was time to leave.

• Liked — THE LOCATON, STAFF, ACTIVITIES, AMAZING THINGS TO DO!
  • Disliked — THE
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
minot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

As a former travel agent & former employee of a travel wholesale company,I sold the sandals & beaches line for many years. Sandals/Beaches would come to our company & promote their line of resorts.I had faith in their product & told my sister about two resorts for her wedding down in Jamaicia. The two I pitched to her where Beaches Negril & Beaches Boscobel. The travel agent told her Beaches Negril was being refurbished, so Boscobel it was.Her husband to be had a 6yr old & other family & friends were bringing kids as well.I knew that Boscobel was built on a hill,trucks would be going bye using their brakes which would create noise,but hey, don't all trucks make noise when used?The travel agent told us the resort was full,much to our surprise in talking w/the general manager it was 30% full.WE WERE NOT HAPPY W/THE TRAVEL WHO BOOKED THE PACKAGE!! (& no it was not me who made the travel arrangements!!!) Yes the road to Ocho Rios is fun & adventurous,
& is getting better! Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by Elmo. Interesting enough, Seasme Street & Beaches has a contract just to use the costums & names,etc for the resort as a promotion for the kids.If you have a problems w/the characters at the resort,don't go writing to Seasme Street,THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING!!! The rooms were nice,the bedspreads need updating,the fridges were stocked everyday.The bartenders were AWESOME. All you have to do is chatt w/them & use their name in a conversation & they will know your name & remember what you drink. As what their speciality drink is? Nobody was rude to us.The pool was clean, the pool chairs were clean. The bacaradi drink machines were clean & their were plenty of drink cups, straws. There were garbages(the dolphins)nearby,hey & we even got to take pictures of the Seasme Street characters w/my nephew. The beach crew was awesome & loved us! The hobie cat sailboats do need new battens & sails,& new lines.We did put that on our comment cards.We did play pool, the tables do need to be reconditioned,but being in the humiditiy 24/7/365 does take a toll on the felt & wood of the table.The table does need new pockets & shanks,which was also noted on the comment cards.For the size of the resort,people comment on the size of the beach,but how can you make it bigger?Has anybody taken their comments to management? I had asked about the fountain up on the roof & it was not working & had leaked water.Thus my sister got married on the gazebo overlooking the ocean,which was much better since there was a gentle breeze.Numerous times Chef Alex found our wedding party to see how our meals were at all the eating establishments.Which were wonderful! All our servers where polite,curtious even if they were in training. Did you know if one person does not show up for work,there are a lot more people ready to take that person's place? Tourism is the #1 industry on the island!!So put yourself in these peoples shoes,part of their paycheck goes back to the U.S. to pay for the taxes to run the Beaches/Sandals reservations center in Florida. Bet you didn't know that fact!!

• Liked — beach,sun,fun,rum
  • Disliked — i am not a kid person,so there were lots of kids.but it was my younger sisters wedding.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

The personal service you get at this resort is above the rest... The staff is wonderful. The food is great... Everyone goes out of there way to take care of any need you may have...

I have stayed at numerous places in the islands and this is by far the best...

Stayed September 2007

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!