“A little Gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plantation House Cafe

Plantation House Cafe
1/43 Tallebudgera Creek Road, West Burleigh, Burleigh Heads, Queensland, Australia
07 55 200 583
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“A little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have ever written a review...but this one is well deserved. After moving to Gold Coast, from NSW in January, I was introduced to Plantation House Cafe by some school mums, and was hooked from my first visit...and now you can't keep me away from the place. I have been there more than anywhere else on the Coast, and everytime I have interstate visitors, I take them there and they fall in love with it too!! The food is so fresh and all made on the premises. Their fresh juices are delicious and I'm not a coffee drinker, but I hear that's great too! Staff always friendly and very quirky inside. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Favourite Cafe on the Coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great menu, fresh inventive meals! vege patch for example and the yummiest sweets and desserts!! A great atmosphere with lots of quirky vintage deco and they even sell fresh organic fruit and veges and much cheaper prices than the markets!

• Visited July 2013
Moree, NSW
“Fast, Friendly,Value, Quality ingredients.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had eggs Benedict, vege patch was a hit with my husband, atmosphere was pleasant and if you love sourdough bread, the pumpkin one was so good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PHCManagement, Owner at Plantation House Cafe, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi wendywood777,

We are so glad you enjoyed our home away from home and thank you for visiting. We definitely agree the pumpkin sourdough is very yummy.

Hope to see you again soon,

The Richards Family
Gold Coast Australia
“What a shame??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have used this Cafe for some time great location great food. Imagine how disappointed I was to be charged $1 for some french mustard! come on guys don't be greedy!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PHCManagement, Owner at Plantation House Cafe, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hi Pam C

Thank you for your feedback, it is unfortunate that you feel we are being greedy for charging you a $1 for the french mustard.

As we incur in the cost of purchasing the 'french mustard', the cost of the chef serving it, the cost of the waiter to take it to and from the table, the cost of washing the dish etc, we see that it is only fair to charge $1. In addition we aim to keep our prices as low as possible and additions such as mustard, PH relish, PH aioli etc aren't included in our standard prices.

We hope this explains, from a business perspective, were we are coming from when charging for such products.

Kind regards

The Richards Family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“OMG this little place has THE BEST FOOD & ATMOSPHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The amazing chic cafe that is on Tallebudgera Creek Road reminded me of the quirky cafes that you get in melbourne that are not only wonderfully delightfully different but the food is also brilliant. The cafe as you walk in blows you away at the amazing set up and actually takes you a few minutes to take everything they have there in. The food is fresh produce from the local area which they also sell at a very reasonable price. Going back to the food it's a taste sensation that can't be faulted in all areas. The drinks hot and cold are brilliant. This is my favourite place at the moment on the whole of the Gold Coast and I go there as often as I can.

• Visited May 2013