“Birthday Celebration - party of 15” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Carlow
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: brasserie 15.Is a stylish & busy restaurant right in the heart of Carlow town.Great food and drink,fantastic surroundings,exciting atmosphere, reasonable prices.Open seven nights a week
“Birthday Celebration - party of 15”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Yum yum! Food is fantastic and beautifully presented. Bart our server was excellent. Happy happy people.

Bagenalstown,Co Carlow
“Great to have a to have a good restaurant in Carlow,!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Really enjoyed visit here at weekend. Food, atmosphere ,and friendly staff made for a very satisfying outing.Will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Great food in a comfy setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A group of 6 of us ate here for the first time this weekend. We were all v impressed. Food was gorgeous,presentation and service exceptional. Carlow has badly needed a restaurant like this for a long time. We will definitely be back again. They also do a great early bird menu. Our polish waiter was really friendly & helpful.

Ireland
“A Restaurant That Is Simply Special...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having gone to Carlow quite a few times and never walked the streets I decided to have a look around and I saw The Brasserie without even going in I thought I cant afford that but wait Ill stop and look at the menu - Early Bird with Duck on the Menu 3 course just a little over €20 - I said of course I can afford that usually Duck on its own is €16 so I went in with my partner and the first thing I noted was how spotless and elegant it is without being over the top - Next came the staff again very knowledgeable with the food and very pleasant - Next came the home made bread which you get before your starter, gorgeous bread had to stop eating it before my starter - Then came my starter of liver pate and toasted bread and onion relish - you can see from the picture how delicious it was, Then came my Duck again this was simply gorgeous, Then came my desert which was Knickerbocker Glory as I write this Im thinking where does that word come from it makes me giggle. You simply could sit in this restaurant for the whole night it is that relaxing but usually when your in a restaurant you notice everything ie staff sweating , staff under pressure, staff not comfortable (Im sure you know what Im talking about) well this place none of that happens the staff cope with every order and table like you are the only people in the restaurant and while eating you don't even notice them in the nicest way.

Rather then just write this review after being here once I decided to wait and visit it 3 times in the mean time with one of those times my parents being there on their own, We live 30 minutes away and honestly it beats all the restaurants where I am from hands down. Parents text me while having their meal and said again its out of this world and they are not on Facebook or even know what a www address is so on behalf of them again it is out of this world.

This review is being written on St Patricks Day but it will take some time to be published and another thing I noted today usually for starters the cutlery you get is usually the same as the main course not The Brasserie they give you the smaller fork so for the people who usually get confused which fork to use just go for the smaller one for the starter and you will be fine. Speaking of cutlery on laying out of the table next to us I saw the staff member wearing white gloves and I really said to myself now that is something you don't usually see hence why it is spotless through and through.

The pictures enclosed in this review are from all the trips I have been in and are all from either the lunch menu special ie Mothers Day - St Patricks Day or the evening Early Bird. I have also to say the lunch early bird is fantastic as its changed all the time which allot of restaurants I know of simply just give you the same menu and it can be very boring but not The Brasserie its changed daily and I have not had the same meal twice. Also the lunch early bird it is until 5pm which again usually you will not get, One of the pictures is of a Thai Curry which to me is a test as unless it is an Authentic Thai Restaurant I can honestly say every place I have been to really is a disappointment and I usually eat it and complain saying it is disgusting and not authentic so I was hoping that it would taste some what authentic but was not holding my breath and the minute it arrived and I tasted it I was like oh my gawd finally a restaurant that when naming a dish lives up to what it is meant to be - I swear it was on par with all my favorite Authentic Thai restaurants it was superb.

Special mention to Greg the Manager who makes it look easy to run a top restaurant that ooozes of charm - stunning food which for the chefs working here honestly you can be very proud and I just can't wait to see all the awards you will win - and not forgetting the staff as without them the place would be just a gorgeous building and no charm.

I cannot wait to visit The Brasserie again,
My review is long and its probably the longest review I have wrote so if there is a competition for the most words used in a review (Please enter me into it) I hope I will win.
Best wishes,
Gary.

Dijon, France
“Very cosy restaurant and very good welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Subdued atmosphere, excellent food, very good live music and welcome! Thanks to our Polish waiter! ;-)

Visited March 2013