“a tragedy that has 3 stars” 1 of 5 stars

You added Nash Airport Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chemin de la Violette 11, Cointrin 1216, Switzerland   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cointrin
Budapest, Hungary
“a tragedy that has 3 stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was a former crew hotel of Swissair. Still the Swiss crews stay here. It looks like a youth hostel for a 4 star hotel price. Its simply ridiculous. I have told my company to never book this place again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ManagerNash, Gérant at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest.
Thank you for your visit and for having taken the time to review our hotel. We regret to know that your visit was not up to your expectations. It is correct, that our hotel hosts many airlines crews as is convenient for them to overnight in our hotel due to the short way from the Airport. At the same time I would like to inform you that airlines request as well certain standards to the hotels were their crews overnight. We also have an official 3* classification from the Hôtellerie Suisse Association. We were just classified for the next year and we have received a high score during the evaluation. This also due to the extra services we provide to our guests such as Free use of Fitness room, Free airport shuttle bus service and Free WI-FI in the hotel rooms and public areas. The opening hours of our restaurant for example are very comfortable for our guests. Our Restaurant WINDS remains open all the day from 5:30 AM till 11:00PM. We serve breakfast till 11:00AM, lunch till 5:00 PM and dinner till 11:00PM. Only during week-ends and festivity the restaurant is closed from 2:00PM till 5:30PM. Beverage service at our Bar is assured till 00:45PM. We regret, that you decided not to come back to our Hotel where we make our possible to assure a comfortable stay to our guests. Thank you for your comments and hoping to be able to welcome you back for another occasion. With best regards,
Nash Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Switzerland/London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Conveniently located hotel and the free shuttle bus to and from Geneva airport was great, as was the driver. The room was clean, quite small, but comfortable. The bathroom could have done with an upgrade so could the lobby and reception area, it did seem very outdated. Essentially it did what we needed in that it was a hotel close to the airport for an early morning flight, but for 180 CHF per night, when I stayed in a huge room in a chateau in France a week later for 60 Euro, you couldn't help but feel was it really that good value for money. That said, Geneva hotels are said to be the most expensive rooms per night in Europe..... your call!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerNash, Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest. thank you for your visit. We are dilighted to know that you apreciated the cleaness of the room and the locaiton of the hotel, and we at the same time we regret that the look of some areas of the hotel was not entirely up to your expectations. We have well taken note of your comments and strive to improve the services and facilities wherever needed. With best regards. Nash Airport Hotel
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nash Airport Hotel is exactly that - conveniently close to the airport (with a regular, free shuttle service to and fro), relatively inexpensive, clean and comfortable for that transition time between flights and continents. The word that comes to mind is functional. And very clean. And efficient. The hotel has a bar that serves food and breakfast is extra (15CHF per head).
The only downside - there was just one bank of (two) electric sockets in the room, which is manifestly inconvenient to charge phones, laptop and all the other luggage litter we travel with in the 21st century.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest. Thank you for your great review. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your visit to our Hotel. It is a pleasure for us to know that we keep up with your expectations. We took note on your comments and will take consideration of this and try to solve it. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With best regards.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The close proximity of the Hotel to the Airport makes it perfectly suitable for a short business trip. We however stayed only during the Geneva Motor show for which the location is very convenient; though the price of the Hotels sore very high at those occasions.
The airport is almost just opposite to the Hotel and one can walk and reach there in 5-7 minutes. The Hotel also a shuttle service shared with the IBIS hotel and offer very good service with 15-20 minute frequency. The rooms are very small though i got upgraded to a superior room which was spacious. Rooms are neat and clean with decent toilet facilities.
The hotel has a plan for complimentary breakfast though the options are very limited and mostly cold. Dinner and lunch variety are also very few. However there are 2-3 Pizzeria and one Iranian restaurant nearby which can offer good options. One can of course take the shuttle to the Airport where a good restaurant is available just above the Airport railway station. Most of the Hotels in Geneva offers a free transport pass, and one can use them to reach to city which is just 20 min away in bus number 10.
The service in the hotel is OK, except some of the front desk staffs who are responsive. The LCD TV in my room never worked during my stay of 4 nights though i lodged the complaint several times. The Hotel offers free Wi-fi which is very convenient to get in touch with the world and finish the regular business.
The view from the front side rooms are great, not only the Airport and the flight operations are visible , one can see the snow clad mountain also at the back drop.
Overall a decent stay for the people especially coming to attend the shows organised in the PALEXPO.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the Airport
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ManagerNash, General Manager at Nash Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank your to have taken the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to know about the problem with the TV. I have spoken with my team and working on better communication to solve adequately maintenance issues. Our breakfast is a Upgraded Continental Breakfast and we do not have hot items in the buffet. We have increased our à la carte Menu since your visit. This Menu is offered for lunch and dinner from 12H00 to 23h00 non-stops. These restaurant opening hours are not common in Geneva and we have a lot of guests that appreciate this exceptional service. Overall the guests that travel and arrive quiet late or during the afternoon at the hotel when the other restaurants are closed and they want to eat a hot dish. We thank you very much for your visit at out hotel and looking forward to welcome you back soon. Best Regards. Nash Airport Hotel
Chandigarh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have almost completed my stay (3 nights). Lot of the criticism about this hotel is probably unfounded - it could be related to the hotel's state prior to the recent renovation. Found nothing wrong - people have previously written that one tends to see lot of young Swiss military personnel - you do actually but I dont think it has any negative impact - infact (you also see lot of airline crew). As a budget hotel, it actually does pretty good. It is really close to the airport but within the rooms, you dont get any noises from the aircraft taking off or landing. You also dont get any noises from outside as has been written by several people - infact I had perfect sleep. This hotel is also next door to the Ibis (another budget hotel). Having stayed in a couple of Ibis hotels before, I can say that it compares almost equally with the Ibis chain as such.
There were some plus points about this hotel:
1) Have a free shuttle bus to and fro the airport (which we used extensively). The only catch is that this shuttle is shared with the Ibis and that the name on the shuttle bus is of Ibis - so you need to be aware of this part
2) Has free wifi in the hotel rooms as well as lobby - the internet speed is pretty good - did skype 2-3 times with excellent video and audio quality
3) Cleanliness in rooms is at par with five star/luxury hotels
4) Bathroom is small (like other European budget hotels) but is very clean and the fittings are all quite modern.
5) AC/heating system is also pretty good
Cons about this:
1) No tea-coffee maker
2) Breakfast menu is really quite limited and I survived primarily on croissants and yogurt
3) Breakfast/dining area is quite small
4) Has a 3 star rating - not quite sure it qualifies for that

Overall not a bad place to stay if you want to be near the airport and want to enjoy free wifi and commuting to the airport

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your comments and believe as well that our hotel is mostly appreciated from our guests as it is. As many others hotels and services we have points to improve and we try hard to get thinks better where needed. Our 3 stars classification corresponds to the standards requested from the Swiss Hotels Association. We have even received a good classification due to the extra services that we have as: Fitness Room and Sauna, that can be used for Free from our hotels guests, Free WI-FI in the guests rooms, Free Airport Shuttle, all day dining from 12H00 till 23H00, Breakfast hours extended till 11H00, Bar service till 01h00 and our new massage room. We hope to welcome you back at our hotel and appreciate your staid with us. Best Regards Nash Airport Hotel
Manchester UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

People from my company stay often at Geneva near the airport for business, and this is one of the better options we have found. Don't bother with the airport shuttle unless you have really heavy luggage, you can walk through the end of the terminal, past the car rental desks and on paved roads and through an underpass in about 10 minutes or less. The hotel is basic, but doesn't pretend to be luxury. Rooms are clean, bathrooms small, hairdryer provided, very basic toiletries, but everything works and the bed is comfortable with a choice of pillows. Building site behind the hotel just now but no noise on recent visit, I guess if you were sitting in your room all day you might be irritated. Restaurant about acceptable, but there is a nice Italian round the corner, so I'd go there for a meal if I didn't want to take the free train ride down town (ask at reception, you get a ticket for the train, and as it goes about every 10 minutes and takes 6 minutes it's a good way to get to a good choice of restaurants). Breakfast somewhat disappointing, nice bread, small selection of meats, no eggs of any sort, some fruit and a good bircher-muesli (muesli mixed with yoghurt). Rooms are quiet until the airport wakes up at 6am, I left the window open for fresh air till then. It's quite expensive compared to similar hotels in Germany or France, but this is Switzerland, and it's OK in comparison with others in the area. We'll go on staying here on business, but for a holiday trip I would make the effort and go down town for more choice.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, the floors are quite thin so if someone is walking round in heels or boots above...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit skeptical about staying at the Nash, however, I really shouldn't have worried!

From the moment I left the airport (being first time in Geneva), the IBIS bus was already sitting waiting for me (I didnt even have to call for it which I was told id have to do), I jumped on no problem and 5 minutes later I was at the front of the hotel steps. The driver didnt speak much english but enough to understand where I was going etc.

On arrival, it was about 11pm so the reception are was quiet but one man was very helpful, checked me in, took payment for room I had reserved, booked a wake up call for me and also arranged for my free shuttle bus to take me back to the airport at 9am next morning.

I got given a room on the 4th floor and was happy with it. It was small but very cosy with modern furniture, comfy bed, small but stylish bathroom with a powerful shower, plasma tv screen on wall and an amazing view of the swiss alps. I also used the complimentary 1 hour free wifi on my laptop which proved very helpful to get in contact with everyone for free via skype so this was a nice touch.

I had a lovely sleep with the room being very quiet and nice and warm, with the wake up call being bang on time.

Check out was also very smooth - also with my arranged shuttle bus taking me back to airport on time. I didnt order breakfast as cheaper at airport.

Overall my experience was completely hassle free, I didnt have to spend a penny after booking my room and the whole process was very smooth. I was worried since I was only staying for a night to avoid sleeping in the airport and didnt want to be all confused and spending a fortune, but I was very happy....i would say it was a lovely place to stay and would recommend it to anyone.

Perfect for an overnight stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Nash Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!