Spent two nights here on business as it was recommended by a colleague and was close to the airport and a conference I attended at the W.H.O. It is marketed as a suite for the price of a hotel room and by European standards the rooms are spacious. I found the decor dated and a bit bland. Very 80s feel about it but I think it's newer. The bathrooms and toilets are quirky. They are like the ones found in yachts. Fibreglass capsules that you step up into with faux timber deck floors. Odd as nothing else in the hotel is nautical. All very clean and well maintained.
I ate at the hotel Swiss bistro. Eye wateringly expensive food (and I live in distinctly not cheap Copenhagen) that was okay but nothing more. There are Swiss specialties on the menu and I tried the emince de veal with Rosti. Basically a creamy veal stew with potatoes. With a beer it was over 40CHF which is rich for an average one course meal in the burbs.
The breakfast was a scrum with guests from the Ibis next door. Few free tables, cheap food and general feeling of a school camp. I had the room service continental breakfast the following day which was served on time, generous in supplies and with the bonus of some sanity eating in the room.
The location is nowhere special. Good shopping centre over the road with a fabulous Migros supermarket. Don't take a cab from the airport unless you want to be abused. It's almost walking distance and the cabbies let you know. Still cost 20CHF for a 5 minute ride. Number 10 bus is frequent and easy. The hotel gives you a free Geneva travel card which is nice. If I were a tourist in Geneva I'd check out. You don't feel especially Swiss here.
Staff were pleasant and attentive. Nothing specifically wrong with the place but it was just a bit bland and tired. Next time I will stay near the lake and enjoy what Geneva has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star hotel, across from the Balexert shopping centre and 15 minutes walk from the airport. 86 inviting modular suites with air conditioning, 30 square metres in size. Friendly atmosphere. 24 hour services include Boutique Gourmande gourmet food counter, gym, private undercover parking. Accessible facilities for persons with limited mobility. Free public transport for hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Suite Novotel Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Geneve Hotel Cointrin
- Suitehotel Hotel Geneve
- Suitehotel Hotel Cointrin
- Suite Novotel Geneve Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland