“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Geneve

Save Saved
You added Suite Novotel Geneve to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Geneve
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Louis Casai 30, Cointrin 1216 , Switzerland (Formerly Suitehotel Geneve)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 30%
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Cointrin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My three friends and I stayed at the Suite Novotel and it was perfect for us! Rooms were spacious and super compfy, and had a microwave and fridge which was great. Geneva is expensive, so keeping some snacks in the mini-kitchen was helpful. The location is 10 minutes from the airport by bus, and 10 minutes to downtown by bus. There is a HUGE mall right across the street with restaurants and a great grocery store we went to every day.
The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us free 3-day public transportation passes. This was awesome to have, and saved us some money! Something I would recommend: go to the Tourist center downtown to get suggestions for restaurants and things to do. The hotel isn't the best for that because they want you to go to their restaurant, and don't really have an ideas for you.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arrived and welcome was friendly. Placed in a room on the same floor as reception opposite the lifts so a bit noisy. This room is designed for wheelchair customers so no bath.

Mattresses are a bit hard so struggled to get a good nights sleep.

The hotel is 6 stops on the number 10 bus from the airport. Only took me 15 mins from leaving the airport to getting to the hotel.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel (The Swiss Bistro) which I ventured into. Wish I read an earlier review, it was wasn't good. I ordered the beef cheeks braised in red wine with buttered tagliatelle. Beef was tough and had not been cooked long enough. I complained and was told no one else has [complained] so it must be ok. Didn't even get the manager to come and ask why. Would avoid next time.

Overall it fits into the other Novotels I've stayed at in terms of decor and service.

Room Tip: Not the ground or hotel lobby room 1 and 2 they are opposite the lift/elevator. Also they don't...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in the hotel in Oct 2012 with 2 young children.The front desk was very helpful,We reached only at midnight due to our flight and had no problem checking in.On arrival we got our Room keys and travel passes for the 3 days we stayed.The travel pass covers all buses,Trains and trams and boats within city limits.We had to pay around 13 Swiss Frank for City tax at the front desk as I think its quiet normal in all Swiss hotels.The room was very comfortable with a queen size double bed and 2 single beds.Children were so happy and the linen was of really good quality.The room had blackout blinds ,so it was really nice and Cosy.Room is really spacious and was cleaned daily.The Toilet is seperate from the Bathroom which is very good because the toilet could be used when the kids are taking shower or bath.

Also there is a bus number 10 which leaves the airport and stops right in front of the hotel.As such the hotel doesn't have any shuttle because of bus number 10.Once you collect your baggage there is a machine from which u take a ticket for free for the bus.It is valid for upto 90 minutes after u collect it.Very good.Once you collect your baggage follow directions for bus ,not shuttle bus,as we followed shuttle bus and totally got lost.And make sure you wait at the stop which has number 10 written.There are about 3 bus stops outside for different buses.The bus stop for 10 is on its own about 100 meters from the other 2 bus stops.We missed 2 buses because we were waiting in the other bus stop which was for 5.

The only downside was the Breakfast as there was no hot food,only hot stuff was the toast and of course tea and coffee.There was no eggs,hash-browns or baked beans or nothing like that.We were so disappointed as we had no choice other than a slice of toast and cereal with cold milk.Cereal selection was poor as well as there was only cornflakes and some other chocolate based cereal.There was a fruit basket jus with apples and some yogurt.Jus opposite to the hotel is a huge shopping mall and if you choose a room with no breakfast I would highly recommend just to cross the road and have it in the mall as you can surely get something hot.

The gym was in a small room with just cross trainer I think,nothing else.So don't have high hopes!!!

Overall the stay was pleasant.Very easily accessible from airport,good transport connection to and fro airport and also to city centre.Will highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were given a room facing the mall and it was quiet nice.No complaints.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Astana, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good location with easy access to the airport. Direct bus from outside airport to opposite hotel (with free transportation ticket upon arrival at the airport) and then free public transport ticket for your stay, allowing you to take the bus from outside the hotel back to the airport.

Rooms were large and clean and the power shower was excellent.

Breakfast is terrible and expensive for a few pieces of old bread and some watered down coffee. There are plenty of choices near by, in the mall opposite or even at the airport/at the train station or in the town itself. Do not waste your money on breakfast at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a garden view room. There is little noise on this side of the building if you prefer to slee...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
R
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have chosen this hotel due to its proximity to the airport (5 min drive), having a morning flihgt to catch.
Though we selected the biggest room they seemed to have (a Superior Suite), it was rather small for the 4 of us. However, the modern design was very practical, and made the stay bearable. A number of small a simple details were simply genious: a curtain to divide the room into 2, TV on a wheeled pedestal, a table just of right size, also on wheels - we could rearrange the room for each time of day. Still, very small bathroom and toilet ("airplane style", but separated), and almost no wardrobe space.
Welcome present for kids. Reasonable breakfast. Fast and free Internet. Public transportation down the street, free for hotel guests (15-20 min to the center). And a huge shopping center just across the road.
Got a very reasonable price (booked in advance) with the only disappointment of high parking price that you cannot avoid. Good for a night or two, but not more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and impossible to fault. Our room, which was on the ground floor, faced a courtyard and was quite large. The bed was large and comfortable (medium hard). Wifi was available in our room and was free / of a reasonable (average) speed.

To call for the hotel shuttle upon you must walk to Europcar in arrivals (at the furthest end from the resaurants) and use their telephone, which has a direct line to the person responsible for coordinating the shuttle.

The hotel location is actually about 5km from the airport by road (the website says 2km but this is only as the crow flies; the true route is quite indirect) and the 5km took us over half an hour from the airport due to traffic and also the fact that about ten minutes out of the airport our driver turned around to collect new arrivals who had just phoned in. Originally we had waited at the airport about twenty minutes for the shuttle after collecting our baggage so in all from airport to hotel was fifty minutes (20 minutes wait plus half an hour driving).

Note that you must book the shuttle to go back to the airport from the hotel - we were not told this and were just lucky to be squeezed onto a shuttle with some pilots who'd already booked the shuttle bus. Our trip back to the airport took about twenty minutes due to less traffic and no diversions to collect other passengers.

Be aware that as an airport hotel kind of in the middle of nowhere there is not really anywhere convenient to eat other than the hotel restaurant and cafe, unless you are happy to pay for a cab somewhere else. The restaurant is my main criticism of this hotel.

We ordered the five vegetable soup for entree and I think they must have had a mixup in the kitchen because there was about a quarter-inch of melted butter sitting on top of the 'soup' and the soup tasted a lot like a sauce you would put on ravioli (I am a bit of a cook and I swear the soup was not a soup - for example, it was definitely not based on vegetable or chicken stock that I could tell but rather was like a butter and cream - based sauce).

Not surprisingly neither my husband or I could stomach drinking a bowl of buttery cream sauce but I hate complaining in restaurants so I just didn't eat it and said nothing. Unfortunately the waiter noticed I had barely touched it and asked if everything was OK. My husband said, 'well to be honest, it is very buttery'. The waiter simply said 'no I don't think so' and that was that. I felt frustrated because it was the waiter himself who asked if there was a problem and when my husband gave an honest answer, he was shut down.

But I think the waiter and chef must have at some stage tasted the 'soup' and realized the mistake because although we signed a dinner bill of $40 Euros, our dinner bill had silently and without explanation been reduced to $30 Euros by the next morning. But nobody said sorry or acknowledged the mistake, they just silently reduced the bill. So that was odd.

Also, the main course was simply awful. Normally I cook rice myself the old-fashioned way but when I really can't be bothered I use microwave rice. Therefore I know what each type of rice tastes like. Well, they served us microwave rice - I can say this with 98% certainty! No big deal I guess but I go to hundreds of restaurants and this is the first restaurant all over the world to serve me what i am virtualky certain was microwave rice. Also, the actual main itself was extremely bland and tasted like the marinated vegetable mixes you can buy at the supermarket delis in Australia. I have no proof that the chef took these shortcuts though, so all I can say with great certainty is that the whole meal tasted terrible. Perhaps the chef did labour and do things the way most other restaurants do them, and I am mistaken in my suspicions, but nothing can change the fact that the soup for entree was absolutely nauseating to two people and the main was not much better.

Given that it is hard to avoid the Novotel restaurant unless you really want to make the effort to catch a cab elsewhere, I think the restaurant is a bigger deal than it might otherwise be but honestly, the chef seemed to be doing an okay job of fries and burgers so maybe we were just unlucky with what we ordered.

In summary I think the room was outstanding value for its size, comfort and cleanliness but I couldn't recommend this hotel to a friend because the restaurant was kind of gross and there is nowhere else to eat easily. Also the waiter was kind of aggressive when my husband answered the waiter's own question honestly and I think the fact that our bill got reduced shows they probably did taste the soup later and realized the mistake (ie it wasn't our imaginations that something was wrong with the soup.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Suite Novotel Geneve? Share your experiences!