Stayed in the hotel in Oct 2012 with 2 young children.The front desk was very helpful,We reached only at midnight due to our flight and had no problem checking in.On arrival we got our Room keys and travel passes for the 3 days we stayed.The travel pass covers all buses,Trains and trams and boats within city limits.We had to pay around 13 Swiss Frank for City tax at the front desk as I think its quiet normal in all Swiss hotels.The room was very comfortable with a queen size double bed and 2 single beds.Children were so happy and the linen was of really good quality.The room had blackout blinds ,so it was really nice and Cosy.Room is really spacious and was cleaned daily.The Toilet is seperate from the Bathroom which is very good because the toilet could be used when the kids are taking shower or bath.
Also there is a bus number 10 which leaves the airport and stops right in front of the hotel.As such the hotel doesn't have any shuttle because of bus number 10.Once you collect your baggage there is a machine from which u take a ticket for free for the bus.It is valid for upto 90 minutes after u collect it.Very good.Once you collect your baggage follow directions for bus ,not shuttle bus,as we followed shuttle bus and totally got lost.And make sure you wait at the stop which has number 10 written.There are about 3 bus stops outside for different buses.The bus stop for 10 is on its own about 100 meters from the other 2 bus stops.We missed 2 buses because we were waiting in the other bus stop which was for 5.
The only downside was the Breakfast as there was no hot food,only hot stuff was the toast and of course tea and coffee.There was no eggs,hash-browns or baked beans or nothing like that.We were so disappointed as we had no choice other than a slice of toast and cereal with cold milk.Cereal selection was poor as well as there was only cornflakes and some other chocolate based cereal.There was a fruit basket jus with apples and some yogurt.Jus opposite to the hotel is a huge shopping mall and if you choose a room with no breakfast I would highly recommend just to cross the road and have it in the mall as you can surely get something hot.
The gym was in a small room with just cross trainer I think,nothing else.So don't have high hopes!!!
Overall the stay was pleasant.Very easily accessible from airport,good transport connection to and fro airport and also to city centre.Will highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star hotel, across from the Balexert shopping centre and 15 minutes walk from the airport. 86 inviting modular suites with air conditioning, 30 square metres in size. Friendly atmosphere. 24 hour services include Boutique Gourmande gourmet food counter, gym, private undercover parking. Accessible facilities for persons with limited mobility. Free public transport for hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Suite Novotel Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Geneve Hotel Cointrin
- Suitehotel Hotel Geneve
- Suitehotel Hotel Cointrin
- Suite Novotel Geneve Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland