“A poor hotel and wish I had stayed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 33

You added Hotel 33 to your Saves list
Hotel 33
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   82 Avenue Louis Casai, Cointrin 1216, Switzerland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Cointrin B&B and Inns
“A poor hotel and wish I had stayed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed over a weekend to support a footpall tournament at a local college and as someone else was paying the hotel bill I went for a cheap option. i had read the reviews which were not great but all I was doing was sleeping and going to spwnd all day out. I am glad I did that. i was on my own so single room which looked like old staff accomodation. This hotel definately need a total refurbishment. it was more like hostel accomodation but at hotel prices. I definately would not go back. Only good thing about the hotel is I could to the airport.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I booked the 33 a while back........and then saw some of the reviews afterwards......and frankly I was nervous about what I'd find there!!!!

Well I have to say the hotel was fine. Booked the triple room....as I was travelling with two friends, the bathroom was very clean, the towels and bedlinen was changed daily, the bed was comfy......a little narrow for me, I have a super king at home!
Breakfast was standard continental fayre, rolls, bread, jams and meats, fruit and hard boiled eggs......dyed red for some reason!!!!

I would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ideal if you want to be near the airport
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We spent 5 days in the hotel. The furniture and the bathroom are awful, the carpet and the curtain are stinking and very dirty. Don't even try to touch. The bathroom had disgusting toilette and a badly mouldy tile, the worst is the shower curtain. The window was broken and no reading lamp in the room. The TV didn't work. We had the worse experience here. One afternoon when we come back from the city a A4 paper was hanging on our bathroom door. It said while we weren't there they painted our room in case some building renovation. They didn't tell or write us anything beforehand. Didn't even warn us to put our private things or our lagguages together and close our values in a safe.They just let in to our room their workers. It is a nonsense, can't belive this could happend in Switzerland. Be careful when you decid next to their cheap price, it is really ugly hotel with no europen guest culture!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at this 3 star rated hotel in Geneva, for 2 night on 14 March 2012. Which is less then 5 mins away (by bus) from the airport. However, If you are looking for a short stay or visiting Geneva for the Motorshow, then this is a prefect location. The motorshow is 2 stops away from the hotel and if it is a nice and sunny day, you can walk it. The main city centre is also about 10-15 mins away by tram and the hotel provides you with a bus pass, which you can use all throughout your stay. There is also a local shopping centre, which is on the main road, where the hotel is situated. You can either take a bus ride or walk down. The breakfast is good, nothing special, normal continental. The rooms are average, with clean sheets and comfortable beds and it has an un-suite bathroom. But overall I would rate this hotel as a 2/3 star. If you are a single traveller or with couple of friends and are going to Geneva for fun or to see the MotorShow, then this is a very cheap and cheerful choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We could not believe a hotel like this would be allowed to be open in Switzerland or even in any european country.

It is useless to list the problems, it is easier to say the only things that worked: location and free bus tickets.

• Stayed March 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This Hotel shouldt have 3 stars. It doesnt even deserve one. The rooms are just aweful. Furniture and walls are devastated. It stunk even if we had windows opened. The Best ist, we paid the same prize as we would in Mövenpick...

• Stayed March 2012
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

It appears to be an average price for a hotel, but is certainly not an average hotel! Just spend a little bit more to get something better. I will never be staying here again when I visit Geneva. I would imagine air conditioning is a standard requirement in most places in the world, especially when temperatures reach as high as high 30s in summer here - but we had just a little fan. The bathroom door made a noise like you wouldn't believe when trying to open/close it! There was no means to lock the said door either. Wallpaper was falling off the walls, and the walls were mouldy. In short - this hotel is the worst I have ever stayed at. The bins were not even cleared from the previous customers! Some staff were very helpful, but others were average - however, there was no bad service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel 33? Share your experiences!