I stayed at this property while traveling on business for an event at the nearby PalExpo center. The hotel was undergoing major refurbishment while I was there, and despite notice given to me at check-in that work would be limited to certain mid-day hours, I found that loud construction noise actually started much earlier each morning and continued well into each evening. I found the front desk staff to be very pleasant and the free shuttle to the airport and expo center was prompt and convenient. The hotel's location right on a major bus line into the city was also nice (for the twice I had a chance to venture into town on my own). The newly-refurbished room was perfectly adequate... your standard business hotel room. I especially appreciated that the work desk featured power outlets for CH, EU, UK & US plugs, eliminating the need to use my adapter. My room had a view of the main street in front of the hotel -- not very picturesque, but I did not notice any trouble due to noise from the street (perhaps because the neighborhood is very quiet despite being close to the airport and expo center). There were also a limited, but decent selection of restaurants nearby (as well as in the hotel, although I did not dine in the hotel during my stay).
What I found most ironic about this property is that there was not a clock anywhere in my room. In GENEVA? Blasphemy!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Hotel Cointrin
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Hotel
- Ramada Geneva
- Ramada Cointrin
- Cointrin Ramada
- Ramada Hotel Geneva
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Geneva, with 302 fully renovated, soundproofed and air-conditioned guest rooms, is ideally located in the heart of the dynamic and fastest growing business district of Geneva, with free hotel shuttle bus from the airport and free Public Transport card to the city centre. In only a few minutes you reach the International Airport, the Cointrin railway station and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. Taxis and public transports in the front of the hotel allow you to reach the city centre and the main touristic highlights in only 10 minutes. See things differently! To improve, today we are creating for our guests two additional floors with new large Club rooms and a privatized lounge. All guestrooms have been renovated and got a wonderful new look and improved comfort. The Public areas will be remodelled with a remarkable touch. All in all, a brand new Crowne Plaza Geneva will welcome you soon in a distinguished modern design.The hotel features a garden, a bar, two restaurants with beautiful shaded terrace and renowned for its refined cuisine, two business centres with Internet access. Hairdresser, gift shop and a fitness centre are at the disposal of the customers. With a banquet and conference centre of 18 modular rooms and a total capacity of 1200 people, our hotel offers one of the largest event areas in Geneva. The largest shopping centre of Geneva is at walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.