My brother and I stayed here recently for two nights. The hotel is fairly close to the airport but it isn't right next door to it. They have shuttle service to and from the airport - shuttles depart about every 20 minutes or so - but you can also walk to the hotel from the airport (although the path isn't easily found and it isn't all paved). The shuttle takes about 5-7 minutes to get between locations.
Our room was a little dated but it did the job - nothing to complain about but it wasn't anything to brag about either. We overlooked the highway and airport but, surprisingly, the room was fairly quiet. The bathroom we had was quite large compared to the size of the room - we had a huge shower which was a welcome change from some of the other hotels we stayed at on this trip. They were a little skimpy on towels and pillows. We could have asked for more, I guess, had we needed them. The free wi-fi was okay but a little slow and is only good for 24 hours. You need to get a pass from the front desk to use it - the first pass I received didn't work.
All visitors to Geneva get free transportation passes within the city limits which was nice but we had to ask specifically for the passes as they were not offered to us at check-in. There's a tram nearby (about 5-10 minutes walking) that will take you to the downtown area in about 10-15 minutes. You can also use the hotel shuttle to get to the airport where there's a train station. We found this to be more convenient for getting to the center of the city.
We were a little disappointed in the check-out procedure. We had an early morning flight and needed to be on the first shuttle of the day. We got downstairs early to check out but no one was down at the front desk. Eventually a staff member appeared but he didn't want to assist us. Rather, he went about taking his time to clean the bar and breakfast area (and made an espresso for someone in the lobby). As additional guests came down to check-out, he ignored them or just told them to just drop keys on the front desk. We left the hotel without any receipt which was a little disconcerting. A receipt was mailed to me about a week after returning to the U.S.
If I was going to stay in an airport hotel in Geneva again, I would definitely consider other options. While the room served its purpose, I found the staff were not very helpful and didn't feel as if they appreciated our business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Geneve Aeroport hotel is located in Cointrin, 10 min from the centre of Geneva, close to the international airport and the Palexpo exhibition centre. The UN headquarters is a few minutes drive away. A free shuttle service runs between the hotel and the airport from 5.30 a.m. to 11.15 p.m. 109 air-conditioned rooms, pay parking, a bar with a terrace open 24 hours and a restaurant. Guests on a business trip will appreciate our wireless internet access. Public transport 5 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Geneve Aeroport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel Cointrin
- Ibis Hotel Geneve Aeroport
- Ibis Hotel Cointrin
- Ibis Geneve Aeroport Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland