“OK for an airport hotel but you could probably do better” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cointrin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Allentown, New Jersey
“OK for an airport hotel but you could probably do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My brother and I stayed here recently for two nights. The hotel is fairly close to the airport but it isn't right next door to it. They have shuttle service to and from the airport - shuttles depart about every 20 minutes or so - but you can also walk to the hotel from the airport (although the path isn't easily found and it isn't all paved). The shuttle takes about 5-7 minutes to get between locations.

Our room was a little dated but it did the job - nothing to complain about but it wasn't anything to brag about either. We overlooked the highway and airport but, surprisingly, the room was fairly quiet. The bathroom we had was quite large compared to the size of the room - we had a huge shower which was a welcome change from some of the other hotels we stayed at on this trip. They were a little skimpy on towels and pillows. We could have asked for more, I guess, had we needed them. The free wi-fi was okay but a little slow and is only good for 24 hours. You need to get a pass from the front desk to use it - the first pass I received didn't work.

All visitors to Geneva get free transportation passes within the city limits which was nice but we had to ask specifically for the passes as they were not offered to us at check-in. There's a tram nearby (about 5-10 minutes walking) that will take you to the downtown area in about 10-15 minutes. You can also use the hotel shuttle to get to the airport where there's a train station. We found this to be more convenient for getting to the center of the city.

We were a little disappointed in the check-out procedure. We had an early morning flight and needed to be on the first shuttle of the day. We got downstairs early to check out but no one was down at the front desk. Eventually a staff member appeared but he didn't want to assist us. Rather, he went about taking his time to clean the bar and breakfast area (and made an espresso for someone in the lobby). As additional guests came down to check-out, he ignored them or just told them to just drop keys on the front desk. We left the hotel without any receipt which was a little disconcerting. A receipt was mailed to me about a week after returning to the U.S.

If I was going to stay in an airport hotel in Geneva again, I would definitely consider other options. While the room served its purpose, I found the staff were not very helpful and didn't feel as if they appreciated our business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The room was fine, the location was difficult to find. The room was very quiet. I went to buy a bottle of water in the downstairs lobby and I was quoted over 7 dollars for a one liter bottle of water.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Once again, I stayed at this hotel for business purposes. And once again I have to express my satisfaction.

This time, I arrived at 11:oopm after a more that 24h trip without my luggage when I realized that I had simply forgotten to book my room at the Ibis.

When the shuttle arrived, he told me I had to wait for the last departure 30 minutes later and when he saw my face, the driver was so kind to make an exception and drove me as a favor immediately to the hotel. A very good point.

Shuttle, from 5am to 11:30 pm, every 20 minutes.

At the reception, even if they don't know me I think I know pretty everybody there :-), the check-in was so fast. They found me a room available at the best price they could (the best rates are at www.accorhotels.com) and delivered me my keys and as many internet access codes I needed for all my devices for the stay.

At midnight, I could enjoy my double expresso. My priceless pleasure ;-) They offer a 24 hour service of drinks and selection of snacks in room and also have vending machines.

Excellent night in the pretty well sound proofed bedroom equipped with TV, queen size bed, shower, free wifi internet, desk. Not luxury, practical. Roomy enough.

The day after, breakfast buffet. coffees, hot chocolate, ovomaltine, teas, juices, yoghurts, cereals, multiple breads and ... good croissants and pains au chocolat (chocolate croissants), butter, marmelade, pork ham, turkey ham, cheese....simple once again, but really enough and more!

For dinner, simple menu but well priced, good quality, excellent service.

Check out was smoothly as usual.

Conclusion...it is a 100% satisfaction again! Gentlemen at Ibis Airport, keep your smile on. It is always a pleasure to have an opportunity to meet you and to talk to you some time to time. Really prefer your budget hotels Vs. many other luxury ones I have tested around. Congratulations !

Room Tip: Personally, all the rooms I have tested were quiet and good. no swimming pool nor fitness center..s...
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean rooms with private bath. Free breakfast. Got a good weekend deal of $120/night otherwise it would have been a big dent at double the price on regular days. Left the hotel very early at 400am and shuttle was free. Very near the airport and bus stop to city center was 3 minutes from hotel. Hotel gave free 24 hour bus/tram pass.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was attending a Convention at the Palexpo at Geneva Airport. I thought that the room
rate had been increased specifically because full occupancy was expected due to the
convention. Therefore, my value rating is only 3.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ibis Aeroporto has always been my choice coz of the convenience, service, safety and charm. We have been coming here for almost 10 yrs and every time we have come we see improvement. Staff is quite friendly and the petit restaurant is grate. I would how ever like if the breakfast is changed over the week coz it is repeated like a prayer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Shuttle bus to the airport was 25 min late - supposed to leave every 20 min! :(
Not very good if one is trying to catch a flight. I was heading to the airport to catch the train to Geneva centre, for a business mtg - not quite as critical but equally frustrating.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Ibis Geneve Aeroport? Share your experiences!