“Clean, good location and excellent food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lenzerhorn Spa & Wellness

Save Saved
You added Hotel Lenzerhorn Spa & Wellness to your Saves list
Hotel Lenzerhorn Spa & Wellness
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Voa principala 41 | 7078 Lenzerheide, Lenzerheide CH-7078, Switzerland   |
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Lenzerheide
Switzerland
“Clean, good location and excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed in the Lenzerhorn for a week during our ski break.

The hotel is located in the main street, 50m from a bus station. The free bus makes a loop in the region and there are many stops where chairlifts or gondolas will take you to the slopes. Lenzerheide stays in a valley with two different mountains facing each other, so you can choose your favorite side, East or West. One of the trails going down from the Rothorn ends just in front of the hotel.

The hotel has an indoor pool and shares an outdoor large jacuzzi with the neighboring Schweizerhof hotel. The kids enjoyed more the indoor pool at the Schweizerhof. After spending the day skiing, the adults preferred resting at the jacuzzi and in the different saunas. No fruits at your disposal anymore as indicated in the previous posts.

We had dinner at the hotel in most of the nights. The dinner special menu is available at the breakfast time; it seems so delicious that you make the reservation early in the morning. There are two saloons, and in all nights they were full.

The room was spacious for the four of us and very clean. The hotel has a collection of DVD´s that can be borrowed. There is a laptop at the reception with free access to internet. All the staff is very service oriented, friendly and helpful.

There is limited parking in the hotel, and a ski gear storage room that could be larger.

We had a problem with our reservation, however it was solved to our satisfaction.

Despite the booking issue, I would return to the Lenzerheide.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nods, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

My wife and I live in the Jura and we wanted to camp in Graubünden for week but it was cold. For no other reason than to get warm, we stumbled into the Lenzerhorn for a couple of hot chocolates. The waitress was so friendly, kind and welcoming; and, not wanting to freeze in our tent, we asked her if they had any rooms available.

Well, they did and we spent the night there. We did not use the spa or the pool but all the facilities we did use were of a high standard. However, what made the place so good was the staff. They were all, like the waitress who first served us, kind, friendly and welcoming. Even the chef came out of his kitchen to make sure we were enjoying our dinner.

We look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Switzerland + USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

"Lenzerhorn" (Lenzer + rhino) sounds like a YMCA, but its only the name. Everything else is a nice 4+ star hotel with a top 5-star spa area.

The front desk stuff was very friendly, the rooms new and clean with comfortable beds. Only the bathroom are small.

The breakfast (included in room rate) and the atmosphere in the restaurant was average, the stuff was very friendly and the food delicious.

For business, every room has WiFi internet acces for a very expensive rate! That was the only annoying point on my stay.

I have visit a lot of spa's in europe, so I'm sure, the Lenzerhorn has one of the most beautiful spa's. Starting with free bottled water or tea, fruits, sufficient bath-towels, two sauna, two steam bath, a igloo with real ice on the ceiling and a futur world relaxing room.

I will go definitely again to the Lenzerhorn.

• Liked — Spa
  • Disliked — WiFi access very expensive
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

I travel to Europe (mostly Switzerland and Austria) 3-4 times a year and this hotel is one of my top 5 favorites. I first discovered the hotel on the myswitzerland.com website. I could not find a review of the hotel on Tripadvisor so I was very nervous about staying at the Lenzerhorn. No need to be nervous about this hotel!!! Every phone conversation was friendly and helpful. Every email (and I sent quite a few!!) was answered promptly. Every special request was granted without hesitation.

The hotel is located in the center of town. It is very near, approximately 30 feet, from the bus station/post office. Lenzerheide is a small village that is quiet at night. I was there in September and had beautiful sunny warm weather. This is a ski destination but I found plently to do during my four day stay. Lots of walking/hiking in this area. This is a beautiful part of Switzerland even without the snow.

My check in was quick. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I arrived very early but only had to wait 10 minutes for my room to be ready. I stayed in a superior junior suite as part of the luxury package. Unfortunately, this package is not available during their busy winter season. The room was spotless and very large with lots of windows. The room was in a quiet location, except for the church bells, which you hear all over the village. I had a large balcony with a beautiful view of the Piz Scalottas mountain. The bathroom was large with wonderful smelling amenities which were replaced daily. Bathrobe and slippers were also in room. The suite also had a large sitting area, flat screen tv, and mini bar. Lots of closet and drawer space. I greatly appreciated the complimentary bottled water in the room and the evening turndown service. There was a notebook computer in the lobby for guests to use at no charge.

The large breakfast buffet had lots of healthy local choices. Wonderful fresh bread, meat, cheese, yoghurt, fresh fruit, and juices. Eggs were available if requested. The breakfast room was bright and had lots of windows. Friendly breakfast staff.

Dinner was included as part of my package. I would eat at this hotel even if not part of the package. The food was incredible and beautifully presented. The chef served the guests their first course. He cooks with local organic ingredients and you can really taste the difference. You can tell he really wants his guests to enjoy his food. The service was professional, prompt, and friendly.

Also as part of my package, I had a salt peeling, acupunct massage, and a chocolate massage. They were all good but I highly recommend the chocolate massage. Pure luxury!! I had the same person for the treatments and she was fabulous and spoke English. I felt so relaxed after the treatments.

Now to the spa......aaaahhhhh relaxing!! There was a relaxation room with headphones and choice of music. It was so calm in the room that I actually fell asleep one day!! There is a finnish sauna, damp sauna, ice room, and an herb inhalation sauna. Hot tea, bottled water, and fresh fruit were available all day. I was in the sauna several hours each day and only saw one other couple. There is an outside heated whirlpool. There was also a large indoor pool. Children are only allowed in the indoor pool. They also share a larger indoor pool with the hotel next door. The spa was always very clean and the towels were frequently replaced.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. It was a perfect stay and I cannot wait to return. Every staff member I came into contact with always said a friendly hello. They all seemed to want their guests to enjoy their stay. This is rated as a 4 star hotel but it is better in many regards to some 5 star hotels I have stayed at!! They actually care about their guests and will do whatever they can to enjoy a perfect stay.

• Liked — friendly professional staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Lenzerhorn Spa & Wellness? Share your experiences!