“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Zurich-Airport

You added Moevenpick Hotel Zurich-Airport to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Zurich-Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Walter Mittelholzerstrasse 8, Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glattbrugg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel in July 2012. Excellent hotel and good Breakfast. The spread of their breakfast was just excellent. The provision of ice machines on each floor is very thoughtful. Good service to airport for pick up and drop. The ambiance also is nice. Good lawns in the front and nice flowering plants around. Very convenient and cost effective hotel. Can be a regular hotel for people coming into and leaving from Zurich.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Rooms facing backside are also quiet rather than facing the front.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here before our Avalon River Cruise. Shuttle from airport great. Check in was easy and staff very helpful. Room was beautiful, very large bed and extremely comfortable. Well appointed bathroom. We ate in the bar, food was very pricey but tasty. Bar staff very friendly.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel. The room was very hot and once we called to report this discomfort, we were IMMEDIATELY moved to another room. The food in the hotel was fine, the cost was quite high. I had a 500 ml bottle of water for 6 CHF! The shuttle service was outstanding. We were picked up upon arrival within minutes and found the every 30 min. scheduled departures easy to work with when returning to the airport. The rooms were clean, the linen was okay not the best quality but certainly not the worst. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Harrington Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We choose the Moevenpick because we were meeting our Avalon Waterways cruise group at this hotel the next day and wanted a day to tour Zurich. Our plane arrived at 10:30 A.M., we walked downstairs to meet the shuttle bus. The bus arrived within 5 minutes and brought us to the hotel. Upon arrival, we went to the desk --- we were expecting to leave or luggage and hop on a train into downtown Zurich. To our surprise, the room was available. They even upgraded us to a high floor and an executive room. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels, etc. The front dest staff was helpful and courteous. We spent about 1 hour resting and ventured into Zurich. The hotel was able to sell us a train ticket. The station is a very short walk. You can either take the local #10 or the fast train #57. They run on different tracks so beware. We took the local to get a flavor of the area. It takes 30 min. to downtown. On the way back we took the fast train. Our evening stay was great. We meet our tour group the next AM. at the hotel. If you are taking an Avalon cruise, this is a great place to stay. Would do it again. We did not eat at the hotel.

Room Tip: e-mail ahead if you are arriving early
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The shuttle bus picks up right outside of the arrival area. It was easy to find and we only waited a few minutes. The shuttle stop was clearly marked. We decided to stay near the airport since we were meeting up with friends flying in at different times. We were pleased with our choice. The room was clean, room service charges were fair, and the food was good. We took the shuttle bus back to the airport jumped on a train from there. It was easy and stress free. I liked having a hot pot and an iron in the room; in older hotels you don't find this! Housekeeping and room service staff were excellent.
The Internet service was weak, and it is an additional charge, but they do have computers in the lobby. Overall a nice hotel with good service.

ATHENS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My meeting at Rorschach - Bodensee was starting early before noon the next day. Thus I preferred to stay overnight in Moevenpick airport hotel and drive early to my destination the other day.
The room was very clean and simple with a perfect sound insulation especially at its fenestration. I could hear nothing from the motorway less than 100 meters away from my window! the bathroom was OK with a very clever solution against annoying humidity blurring the mirror after your bath. A metallic panelling covering all ceiling condensed all humidity clouds coming from hot water, keeping thus the atmosphere at high visibilty in the room.
Finally, I would suggest that a simple cotton blanket would be more comfortable for summer times as the light but still thick bed cover gave me a little bit overheating when sleeping, I can narrate though a lot about tough and hot experiences of that sort in all Europe..
They called me after 40 minutes to inform that my table was expecting me at "le chalet" restaurant within Moevenpick.
I started with a beef carpaccio that was very good (not excellent though) and had a juicy grilled salmon for main course. Both dishes were designed for your eyes very much so.
Feldsclosschen beer was very light and will not be my choice next time.
The lemon/lime ice cream was divine to be followed by a wonderful esppresso (afterall this country is Nestle..)...
I had a calm night and a GLORIOUS meeting the other day.
Hotel personnel is very friendly and polite.
Restaurant personnel needs more experience, I think.

Room Tip: Maybe I could not find the hotel socket-adaptor, but I nearly ran out of my laptop battery as in Swi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in May. I was working just around the corner so it suited me very well location-wise. Staff is very courteous and professional. The rooms are very good, without being outstanding. Basically, clean, functional and comfortable without too many frills. The bathroom was spotless, but frankly, not very inviting with all that cold grey granite. What this hotel excels at in my book is the food though. They have the best burger I've ever had for room service. Outstanding! One small negative thing: they could be more flexible. I asked for a small customisation of a room service order and they downright refused to do it and made up excuses. Also, would be nice if Internet were free. But overall, a nice hotel and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Zurich-Airport? Share your experiences!