“Don't do it.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of NH Zurich Airport

You added NH Zurich Airport to your Saves list
NH Zurich Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schaffhauserstrasse 101 | Opfikon-Glattbrugg, Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glattbrugg
GreenLeadersGold level
Cambridge, Canada
“Don't do it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It appears that like most reviewers, we were sent here by Swiss. Our flight was cancelled from Tel Aviv that morning, and our connection to Toronto was missed. We were sent here and while upset, understood it was not the hotel's fault. We we not allowed to use our food vouchers for anythingbut "pasta and meat." We went hungry. The air-conditioning was not working, likley it was not turned on as it was only May (still hot as heck). Seems like many complaints on here are to do with the air conditioning not working.

As for the wake up, you will be scared out of you mind with the 6am flight. Google map how close this airport is to the runway, if you still want to sleep later than 6am you're better off else where.

The TV gets 3 english channels, which was worse than Israel . The mini bar is locked. The internet did not work. The staff was very nice, and tried to help, but nothing could be done.

There was no clock in the room so I had to power up my cell phone every time I wanted to find out the time.

The bed was nice, but with no A/C the room was too hot and there was nothing on the bed but a hot duvet and coverlette. If I had been able to lower the temperature, I may have slept a little and may be feeling more charitable, but after less than 2 hours sleep I was beyond frustrated.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and a travel clock.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have traveled & spent many nights in Hotels, but this Hotel is the pits. They claim to be a 4 star Hotel, but are not even worth a 2 star Hotel like IBIS. No concierge, dirty carpets, absolutely bad service. The front desk is manned by staff who are absolutely ill mannered, with loads of attitude. They seem to have a chip on their shoulders & forget that their very salary comes from people like us who stay in the Hotel. I normally stay in Movenpick, whenever I land in Zurich, but this time I got conned into trusting the staff at the service & information desk, Flughaffen Zurich. This dump of a Hotel had a single glass & single soap & a single towel in a room which was sold as a double room. When reception was informed, they sent 2 small glasses each about one & a half inch. When I asked her, she informed that it was the standard glass that they had. I wont go on, but I can safely suggest to fellow travelers, avoid it like the plague!

Room Tip: Avoid the Hotel. Read the reviews. It appears that they are surviving on the largess of cancelled fl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dusseldorf, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Due to a Swissair flight cancellation, my fiance and I were offered 1 double room in this hotel. It was packed, as other 100 more passengers were offloaded here as well.

If you never stayed in here, you can be happy. That hotel is directly beneath airplanes the landing route so any sleep until 24:00 hours is impossible due to extremely loudly noise from the airplanes!!! (they fly only 50m above the hotel).

To make it better, the hotel waiters did not wanted to serve us menu a la carte or drinks for our 20 CHF dinner vouchers, but stated there is just 1 dish available, and it's a fix menu, no drinks!!! After 30 min disputes and requests, they agreed to serve us 1 glass of red wine and 1 soup ... which we though it was safer not to eat in the end, considering their angry and aggressive mood. Moreover, in the morning our flight was very early so we could not get any breakfast as the buffet is opening only from 7 am!!!

Needless to say in the morning the NH hotel did not arranged for more shuttles to carry all the stranded passengers, so we had to fight with others for a place in the 2nd round and we barely made it to our plane in time!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Small, but pretty. Very like service. Free Wi-Fi for 24 hours, but if you take more than 1 paper with password you will use Wi-Fi longer. Girls on reception know English and help you with map or tickets for the train. There were only 4 towels for 2 people.

• Stayed May 2012

Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Clean and cosy hotel. The atmosphere in restaurant and bar is quite relaxing. You may find supermaket and pharmacy in few steps from the Hotel (till 8 pm). Sauna place made me absolutely happy after a busy day (free of charge). Sleepimg mattress are absolutely the best I ever slept on in hotels in my life. Delicilos and diverse breakfast were also appreciated.
I've not tried public transport to city center but heard it's really easy and qiute fast.
The only warning for you: please note that the Hotel is close to the airport and if you get a room on the last floor you may hear airplanes bouncing into the air and landing right above the roof of the Hotel. As airplanes are of my passion I didn't pay attention to temporal buzz.
These comments are made in comparison to same class hotels I stayed and experienced firs-hand in North of Italy during my trip to Switzerland.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is located 12 minutes from Zurich HB, by metro. The hotel is about 3 minutes walk away from Opnikof station, the third station from Zurich HB. Rooms were good and the breakfast was even better. Staff was quite helpful. Check out and Check in was smooth.

Room Tip: Nothing in particular
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oxfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Late arriving flight from Berlin (as well as lost suitcase) and so Swissport put me in this hotel overnight. Hotel reception efficient and helpful with a toothbrush etc as I had no luggage. Room fine and quiet even though at the front (410). Voucher for evening meal and initially felt sorry that there only seemed to be one staff member to run the tables, buffet drinks etc. Some salad leaves, pasta, potatoe and something in tomato sauce however after a military career I always appreciate any food no matter how basic. My german is reasonable and I mentioned there was no cold water for tea or coffee. His answer was very short and a basic translation was there isn't any! its not breakfast! I asked again in English as I thought I must have used the wrong verb but the answer was just as short, just as rude, "this area is buffet! that area is breakfast - there is not hot drinks". If I was paying for this sort of service (Lufthansa and Swissair pay) I would have checked out there and then! Next morning after a good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed - the breakfast buffet was being carefully monitored by the duty manager. He was very polite, helpful and the opposite of the previous nights experience so I left the hotel happy and ready to fly on (hopefully with my suitcase). Every hotel is judged by the best performance of its worst employee and I can only hope that this was a one off simply caused perhaps by not enough staff!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel seem very quiet - very little road traffic or noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to NH Zurich Airport? Share your experiences!