“A 1*/3* hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Glattbrugg B&B and Inns
Iasi
“A 1*/3* hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel is in fact a very noisy, old furnished, very clean 2 stars hotel. No elevator, no shampoo or shower gel, no safety box in the room.
If you are staying just one day and you are lucky, you will find a nice young man at the reception, very good English speaker, very polite and with manners of a 4* hotel.So, the medium range is 3*.
If you are not lucky, you will find a ugly nasty brunette North African at the reception, poor English speaker, with rude manners of a none star hotel.So, the mediun range is 1*.
If you will stay more, you will be alternatively in a 1* and 3* hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised to find a mosquito in your room !
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
rewspencer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

location was brilliant - especially if you're using the airport. We came here for 2 nights as our last stop of a two week interrailing trip. We only spent one day in the city (arriving late on arrival night) but was easy to get to - especially on train as oppose to the tube. it was a relief to find a hotel that was so close (opposite!) the train station and it had all the amenities needed however the outhouse we were in was extremely basic and smelt like chemicals. There was one tv to share between 4 rooms but an added bonus of a fridge. The breakfast situation was a bit unfair and misleading however as we (i assume because we got a cheap deal) got the downgraded breakfast (of bread and a single slice of cheese and ham), whilst others could help themselves to a buffet breakfast but we would've had to pay an extra 15 swiss pounds a head!

so overall, i would rate this hotel as average (some may have rated less for cleanliness) but i think it was equal to the amount paid (only £35 for two per night) and i would probably stay again due to this.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Cardiff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Rooms are really absolute basic, no wash basin, not even a glass, most windows single glazed, so can be noisy when the trains rush by. Way overpriced british beer - in cans - can be bought for about £5.00!!! Guiness or Boddingtons. Definitely not recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We arrived on a Sunday and the hotel was closed. Luckily, there was an employee at the adjacent restaurant who called the manager to let us in since we did have reservations. It felt very odd to stay where there was no one in the hotel office.The manager was pleasant but did not stay longer than necessary to provide a key. We would have paid for the WiFi but again, no one was available to give us instructions on it. The room was spacious and beds were comfortable. There was a dead cockroach on the floor when we arrived but that could happen anywhere.The free breakfast was skimpy the breads were a bit stale. The staff was the most unfriendly of the 4 places we stayed at on our 2 week European trip. I felt like we were a burden for them to serve. The hotel is literally 150 feet from the railway train and this makes it a loud place to stay. I would not choose this motel again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from street and train noise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
grenoble
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

decent hotel. no phone in the room, and no free internet access. One member of the staff was very rude an unpleasant and another one was nice. clean room and bathroom, fine for 1 night especially with the massive discount I got. I paid £28 for the night!!! inclusive of a very light and bad breakfast(can't complain)....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Flagler Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Quite disappointed in our one stay at the Bahnhof Glattbrugg Hotel Zurich. Perhaps I am most disappoined with the booking agency - Hotelclub.com. I cannot even find anyone to complain to about the poor deal we received!
Before we booked this hotel, six months from when we needed to stay near Zurich, Switzerland, I thought I made sure that I was booking a standard room with ensuite bath for one night. It did enter my mind deveral times that the printed reciept I got from the Hotel.com website simply said: 'Standard Double Romm - Continental Breakfast Included'. Well, when we arrived at the hotel, which was conveniently located near the Glattbrugg train station, the first thing we noticed was that the desk was not manned. They were very busy in the attached restaurant so after a several minute wait I went over there to inquire if there was someone to help at the hotel desk. After about 10 full minutes a desk clerk appeared. Upon regstering we were immediately told that we would be getting a room with a shared bath - absolutely the OPPOSITE of what I thought we had booked! My reservation slip just said Standard room with included continental breakfast However, the desk clerk was ADAMANT that that was all they had avaialable and just what the Hotelclub customers ALWAYS received and that I would have to take my conplaints to the London office of Hotelclub! I guess to calm me down and get me to leave the front desk area he then told me there were still three more resevations to come in that evening and PERHAPS if we came back in an hour or so someone might not show up and we might get another room. After schlepping our luggage (4 bags because our trip spanned a full month and two cruises) up almost three flights and several hall turns, the room we were assigned was very large and would obviously sleep about five or six. We had a meal nearby (not at the hotel as I was too mad to give them more of our money) and over an hour later I went back to the desk to inquire if perhaps they had another room. The desk clerk told me that all the rooms were now occupied and that he was sorry, but there was nothing he could do as he had just had to move another couple to the very last room as they had a plumbing problem in their room. (At least they had their own plumbing to have a problem with!) I told him I was not happy and that I going to write a poor recommenda tion for his hotel and for hotelclub.com,but he couldn't have cared less. I DEFINITELY made sure to book a room with a private bath and that was NOT what we received! To further add insult to injury he told me that breakfast would be available only from 6:30 am onward. Since we had a train to catch at 6:15 am it was obvious we would be doing without that amenity as well. Finally, the room we were assigned was the closest one to the rail tracks behind the hotel, so beginning about 5 am it was impossible to sleep anymore as it sounded like the trains were going right through our room. Fortuneately, the trains did not seem to run in the middle of the night so we did to sleep most of te night. The shared bath was a pain, howver. It seemed each time one of us needed to use it someone else was occupying it. Not good.

Room Tip: Don't use Hotelclub.com
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

If you’re looking for a clean and charming hotel this is it. One room we had was very spacious and the other was very charming. All the linen is new and of superior quality with just the right amount of softness. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The buffet breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant is included in the rate and was quite satisfactory. There is WiFi available - but at a high price. The subway is one-half block from the hotel for a less than 10 minute ride to town center and the tram/train/bus station is one-half block away for a ride of the same amount of time to town and only 5 minutes to the airport. There is a grocery store 2 blocks away proving very handy and necessary if you are on a limited budget. There are a number of restaurants in the surrounding area and a deli with excellent meats and cheeses just across the street. There were 2 couples in our party and we all agreed this was a good choice for our last night in Europe and flying out of Zurich International. Trams leave from the station to the airport every 6 to 7 minutes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Restaurant Bahnhof? Share your experiences!