“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 16 Attractions in Verbier
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: European Snowsport (ES) is Verbier's premier private snowsport school. ES provide a full range of private and group lessons for all ages.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I got snowboarding lessons from Matt Spragg for the first time last year, and when I came back this season I made sure to get more as he is an excellent instructor, who explained everything in a very clear and easy to understand way and really helped me progress my snowboarding. But mainly he made sure I was having fun and enjoying the lessons, which was the main reason I go snowboarding, but some instructors can make you forget that. I'd recommend him and ES to anyone wanting high quality instruction and improvement in the sport.

Visited January 2013

“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I would ski in Verbier every year just to go to this ski school! Amazing teachers who just seemed to know what made everyone in the group tick. Lessons are a pleasure and not a chore - our whole group saw definite improvements. Can't rate them highly enough!

“Fantastic week with ES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic week skiing. I had booked with altitude but they let me down 2 days before. Our instructor Tim was friendly, approachable, a really great teacher. He challenged each of us and made us into better skiers. Will definately be using them again. A really first class company.

“Matt Spragg - Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had Matt for skiing with the kids, myself and other half. This was our first time both skiing and in Verbier. What a fantastic PATIENT instructor. Kids were fantastic by the end and cannot thank Matt enough for the effort he put in. Even though he was getting a lot of stick on the slopes for being on ski's and not his usual snowboard which we all found highly amusing!!

I have to say a special thank you from from me who he gave lots of encouragement to and made me feel very safe!

Thank you Matt and European Snowsport.

I promise to keep my chin up and keep going!!

Highly recommend.

Lisa

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great teacher + great customer service = great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Having been let down badly by Altitude Ski school Verbier, who tried to charge me double with one working day to go before my skiing holiday, as they hadnt managed to get any other takers for my group lesson- I swapped and went with European Snowsports. And I am so glad I did.

There was non of the arrogance of Altitude here, just great customer service and a teacher- Tug Wilson- who was exactly what I needed. Every year I get nervous all over again at having to pick up skiing again, but Tug quickly relaxed us all, made us feel safe, and made the whole 'teaching' business- Fun! He knew his auduience (all female!) and stopped off for hot chocolates whe needed and by the end of the week my confidence was soaring.

I sometimes think people forget just what it is like not being able to ski and become very blase. This certainly wasnt the case here. I totally appreciated Tug's patience, explanations and sense of humour and I think if everyone had a teacher like him, ski lessons wouldnt be so daunting.

I cant recommend Tug, or ES enough. Go for it!

Visited February 2013