“amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Verbier
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Everything about this hotel was fantastic , the staff and chef were amazing , Becky the manager has a great team , nothing was too much trouble , all made for a great holiday for myself and my family , cant rate this hotel and the staff who run it highly enough , the food was delicious and what a choice each day , cant rate chef highly enough as well ,
More than ten out of ten in my book .
Well done to all .

Room Tip: we had room 202 m a lovely family room with a lounge and kitchen with amazing mountain views , south...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
SWANSEA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have just returned from the hotel Montpelier, as part of a large group. I was not sure what to expect as a few of the reviews had been a bit negative. However it was fantastic, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was fantastic, top quality food at every meal time. The red wine (merlot) was great. Afternoon tea was not just cakes and coffee, but also homemade soup, bread and savoury snacks. The location was fine a little out of the town however the bus stop was a few mins walk away and stopped right outside the main medran lift. All in all a fantastic hotel and holiday.

Room Tip: room 109 was lovely, south facing had good views of the mountain
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was initially a bit worried by the size of the hotel and the one or two bad reviews I'd read. I wasn't sure how such a large place could feed you like a chalet without the food being cold or running out.

Once we were there I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large and clean and you ordered your dinner from a menu at breakfast so you knew what to look forward to that night. The wine was lovely and there was plenty of delicious food at every meal (including afternoon cake and tea)

The pool might be a bit chilly but it's positively warm compared to outside and the sauna and steam room are gorgeous after a day's snowboarding. You do have to nip through the underground car park to get there but you don't have to go outside so just take a pair of flip flops with you.

We got sick whilst we were there (nothing to do with the hotel) and the staff were amazing, cleaning our room up and making sure we were ok, all the staff were friendly and had time to stop and chat.

The hotel wasn't far from the main slopes (10 minutes walk, or maybe 15 with a heavy board) but there were regular free buses and if you get on the wrong one it doesn't matter as it's all just a big circuit anyway.

We didn't go on any of the trips but the reps organised a few for people to go on and other activities to do. They were always happy to sit down and show you the best areas for you to go on the piste map depending on whether you were a beginner or a pro.

If we go back to Verbier we are definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 107 and 206 have an extra lounge area. Some of the rooms have shared bathrooms but I don't...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke On Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just had a superb week in this hotel with a large party of friends and family; as in the title I couldn't find anything to fault, the staff were all very friendly and welcoming, the hotel itself is comfortable with good facilities and the food was excellent. The location is slightly outside the town centre, but the free buses run every 15mins. on the dot so it's not really a problem. You'd have to be very petty to write anything negative about the place, especially as the price is so reasonable. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back left side corner are excellent: 208, 308 and 408. Large with a sofa bed and wonder...
Catterick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Firstly I don't know how people can be pathetic and write a bad review about this hotel ??? secondly ,I stayed with a large group from the 13th Jan , and we had a fantastic time. All staff including the Ski total clan were brilliant through out the entire week , the Food was outstanding , the rooms clean and tidy and the views were Awesome and all of the Hotels facility's were excellent, The staff couldn't help us enough with all questions and Knowledge of the entire Snowboard/ski areas ,I would highly recommend this Hotel/chalet to anyone wanting to stay in Verbier any time of the year,
Many sincere thanks to all the Staff for giving us a wonderful stay and I will Return for sure in the future =0)

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We usually stay at hotels as a large group but last season and this we opted for a chalet hotel which suits our requirements far better! The Montpelier run by Total Ski is an excellent example, fun, clean and excellent food, no tv's (we dont go to watch tv). Last year we stayed with Inghams in St Christoph, it was nice but not a good comparison as we felt we were in the way of the staffs skiing!! Becky at the Montpelier runs a tight ship and the staff were on the ball.

I am gluten free and dairy free so a right pain when it comes to food! I had lovely food throughout great menu and loved it! the chef worked around it and I was delighted by the results. I would highly recommend this chalet hotel to anyone, it is not a chain hotel it has character if you want a hilton stick to a hilton!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in a large party of friends; before now we've used family-run hotels, mostly in Austria. This doesn't compare really: it feels relaxed and friendly but certainly met all the requirements for our annual ski/board bash. Rooms were comfortable, food was plentiful and good quality, staff were not only very willing to help, but also knowledgeable about the slopes and conditions. The lounge/bar was comfortable and a great place to hang out sharing stories.
There've been a few comments about the Wellness centre. Yes, it's accessed through the underground garage, but once inside that's not an issue. The pool was warm, sauna and steam room both working fine except on day one when they hadn't been turned on early enough to warm up. It's not plush, but it's perfectly good enough to do the job of speeding recovery at the end of a hard day.
Boot room could be bigger and better laid out; access to it is tricky for skiers but no probs for boarders. Maybe they could add steps down the side of the ramp and put matting down? It is unsecured but pretty out of the way; we didn't have any losses, if I was worried I'd have locked my board up.
Walk to the ski bus stop is 2 mins max and it's not a long trip back if you get a bus headed for Patier or Verbier Village. If in doubt ask for 'Centre Sportif' which is almost opposite. If you're coming back from the bottom of the Le Rouge run you can take a quick short cut down the nursery slope! Walking into town in the evening takes maybe 10 mins, but pavements aren't snow-cleared so take good boots.
Overall - fantastic value in a very expensive resort, it met all the requirements as a great base for a hard shredding week. I wouldn't necessarily return to the resort, I think there are better places for boarders, but I'm glad I've done Switzerland at least once!

Room Tip: Go for 103 if you can! It's a large twin with a balcony and even a mini kitchen (but with the co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Montpelier? Share your experiences!