“Potence” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Pfäffikon
“Potence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have never had anything else than a Potence which is slices of beef hooked up on a hot gallow and served with french fries and different sauces. Needless to say it's excellent otherwise I wouldn't always choose the same dish. I was told that all the other items on the menu are delicious too. Staff is experienced and prices are on Verbier level which means it does hurt a little. Reservation required!

Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Resting on its laurels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

In the past I've enjoyed this restaurant but on a recent end of season visit it was as if they just were not trying. There is a lovely terrace which has been slightly ruined by an enormous new build which blocks the view. It will always be popular because of its position at the bottom of the Medran lift where skiers can meet non skiers for lunch. My steak was tough and the frites were old and cold. When I complained they did nothing about it. The staff were courteous and said they'd tell the kitchen. Verbier really needs to improve its restaurants. They are expensive and not very good.

Visited April 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

try the "potence"..... grilled beef on the stick. Just Excellent. One of my favourite meals in Verbier. Good service and value for money

Visited March 2013
Verbier, Switzerland
“simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

we had dinner there 2 days ago with 8 friends the place was crowded like hell and we had to wait 15 min for our table to be ready but the owner a funny guy when you get to know him offers us a bottle of petite arvine at the bar and a second one.. i think he wanted to party this night and what a funny guy..ok at least our table is ready we have the best warm foie gras to and then te house speciality la potence..everything was serving very quick despite all the peoples and the waitress Nelly la boulotte was great to us ...best experience in Verbier by far

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to this restaurant and both times have been excellent. I love the steak that they do on the gallows, I've never seen this done anywhere else. I even liked the Swiss wine that the waitress persuaded us to try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere