“great place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Paris
“great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

great atmosphere, friendly service and good food. My favourite in Verbier. Try the Tarte as entrée and the poulet en panier.

Visited April 2013

85% Recommend
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Al Capone for dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ok - the place was crowded but the service was very slow and the food was terrible. The pizza was dry and steak tasted off

Visited March 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Typical Swiss Chalet mountain restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

A friendly welcome on each visit by the owner. Wonderful views overlooking the mountains. A great atmosphere particularly in the evenings. A varied menu with reasonable prices. Locals as well as holiday makers frequent this colourful oak beamed restaurant. You need to book a table in the evenings to avoid disappointment as it becomes very busy, particularly in the skiing season.

Visited January 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hands down, the best value for money restaurant in Verbier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yes, there are other places in Verbier with higher end food, but I seriously doubt that you will find a place where the value for money fits as well as it does at Al Capone. This is by far my favorite place in Verbier - mainly because they have understood what good customer service is. The phone is ringing off the hook, so book a table several days in advance.

Tip for families with small kids - you can book as early as 5pm but between 5 and 6pm you can only order Pizza - our kids don't mind that at all.. The Al Capone pizza is probably one of the best if not the best in town, so... When we cannot get a table, we call and order the pizza - you can then pick them up within 30 minutes and still enjoy their great pizza's - even when you forgot to reserve ;-)

Service:
Oh, don't even get me started - this is the MOST FRIENDLY place I have ever been to in Verbier! There is a sign on the wooden post at the bar reading "Warm beer, Cold Food and Lousy Service - Welcome" Nothing could be further from the truth - Al Capone is Top notch, friendly and helpful customer service. They are accommodating to kids - our 7 year old got her wish fulfilled with a smile causing her to state afterwards that this was her favorite restaurant, so guess where her parents will take her next time? I could rave on about Al Capone, but I will keep it short - just know this; Al Capone sets a new standard for customer service in Verbier, many could learn from them.

Coffee
Why a separate section on Coffee? Because I enjoy a good espresso produced with good quality coffee beans grinded in a separate grinder on the spot and then brewed on a good semi-automatic espresso maker (E61 group head kind of thing - for those who know about stuff like this). Al Capone brews the best espresso I have ever had in Verbier.

Food:
Our whole family loves their pizzas. My wife and I have also gone here for a romantic tête–à–tête and we can honestly say that the rest of the menu is also really good. The fillet of beef with the five sauces is absolutely worthwhile. I focus on the value for money and there are, as previously said, other places in Verbier serving much more flashy food than Al Capone but in my humble opinion not with the same value for money. Al Capone rocks!

Atmosphere:
Al Capone has the authentic Verbier decor with wood shingles on small roofs and wooden decor, dark wooden tables and dimmed lights. Simple, excellent and cosy. The place can be a bit noisy because of the high amount of guests along with the steady stream of people picking up pre-ordered pizza's but as said, I love the place, so I will happily accept that, if I can just enjoy the pizza, the excellent service and then round if all off with a great espresso afterwards.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asse, Belgium
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fantastic Pizza and friendly helpfull service in a authentic place in Verbier. We didnt try the other dishes, but they all looked tasty and great portions.

Visited February 2013