“Amazing Food with Standard Verbier Prices” 4 of 5 stars

+41277719900
Update restaurant details
Ranked #21 of 63 restaurants in Verbier
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food with Standard Verbier Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. We stopped here for a beer in relatively early in the day and at night were hungry and walking around and just walked back in. I loved my whole meal - I ordered the Sea Bass with polenta and we shared 2 desserts between 4 people. I have attached some photos. Sea Bass for me is either hit or miss - even if it's well cooked, it needs to have decent accompaniments to bring out the taste and not be bland. This seabass came with roasted veg and a beautiful vegetable coulis. The dessert was presented very artistically. We really enjoyed our meal here. We were asked to shift tables inbetween our meal due to a larger group entering and I would have thought the management would offer a free shot or dessert - but nothing was offered.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ate here for dinner, we both ordered fillet steak it was excellent. The wine list is expensive but the wine was lovely.
Nice atmosphere, and great service

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pleasant service, steep prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went here for an evening meal recently and the overall experience was very good, if you factor in the eye-watering prices which are part of Verbier.
My first course was lobster bisque with prawns, which had a hint of chili which livened it up, to its advantage. My main course was medallions of lamb, with polenta. I finished off with an Americano coffee.
The wine was a local Swiss red, from Martigny down the road.
All in all, per person, the meal was £80, approximately double what I should expect to pay at home for the same quality.
The staff service was excellent, informal and kept to good time. We were not pressured into leaving quickly in the least.
Worth it? Probably, no, if you take into account the mark-up for the raw ingredients etc. but a pleasant experience nevertheless.
Losaltos,
Glasgow, Scotland.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Millennium sort of owning "El Toro Negro", a second restaurant in the basement ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The meat @ El Toro Negro is ok, but the location is like a basement, no window, no atmosphere. Prices are way too expensive.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“As the snow falls, we merrily eat and drink...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived at 8pm to an empty restaurant. The snow was falling heavily and the warmth of Le Millennium was welcoming.
By 10pm the restaurant was full, the atmosphere was easy and friendly and we had eaten very well.
I really liked the cooking here. My seared tuna with truffle stater was a little underwhelming. The tuna was a little too cold and the truffle was mostly truffle oil and I slightly wished I had ordered the pan seared ducks liver, or the delicious looking Thai prawn salad but nevertheless, I was not unhappy.
The deer and beef main course was excellent and delicious. Nothing too fancy, but good sauce and two lovely medallions on meat, but good cooking technique was very evident in all the dishes ordered.
I ordered the coupe Denmark as a dessert, as i was feeling a little childish an fancied some Ice cream. It was huge covered in whipped cream and came with pouring melted chocolate.
The chocolate was lovely, the Ice cream was ok. A tart tatin ordered by a friend came deconstructed and looked and tasted like stewed apples, a pastry biscuit and a scoop of Ice cream.... this didn't work for me, a good tart tatin is more than a sum of its parts !
All in all, a good restaurant which we all enjoyed and would happily go back to.
Great dinner conversation, starting with morals and ending on cognac made it a very enjoyable evening. We walked back to a roaring fire and warm beds and looking forward to a wonderful day of fresh powder for the morning ski.

• Visited March 2013