“This is NOT a 5-Star Hotel.” 2 of 5 stars

Ferienart Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dorfweg 1, Saas-Fee 3906, Switzerland   |
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Saas-Fee
Oxford, United Kingdom
“This is NOT a 5-Star Hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Here is a copy of my letter of complaint to the management, to which I have not had a reply.

My girlfriend and I arrived at about 23.30 on 26th of January to celebrate her Birthday. We were told that the kitchen was closed and there was no possibility of food. We were not offered crisps or peanuts, nothing at all.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

I asked the night porter if there was a restaurant open in town and he said there maybe only one, but he did not have the telephone number to call them. I asked if he could find the number and I got the feeling that he did not want to make the effort.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

At the bar we ordered a bottle of House Champagne to celebrate our arrival. After some time of searching by the barman we were told there was none available. Incredibly, the non-Swiss barman did not know what Schnapps is.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

The Rainbow Room I booked is nothing like the photographs on your website and not 5-star standard! To avoid a description dispute, the photographs should be changed to be more accurate.

Most members of staff did not seem to be familiar with the local area and did not know locations and restaurants that are named in your brochure.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

At breakfast at 11:00 on the 27th there was no hot food and it took me several minutes to get the attention of a staff member to inform the chef. When hot food became available there was still not enough for 2 people.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

At dinner the fondue arrived without bread and it took us 10 minutes to get some.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

Finally, at check-out I was asked to pay again what I had already paid on my credit card.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

Do yourselves a favour and stay at another hotel in an otherwise beautiful resort.
I have stayed in many 5-Star Hotels and this is not one.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Ok I have to admit we got married here but follow the review please :)

We had been to Saas Fee 6 times over 4 years but had never ventured into Ferinart, then after getting engaged we found ourselves in the hotel and WOW.

The hotel is a mix of eclectic art and traditional Swiss Decor with modern touches The main restaurant el Ceaser is a super example of simple elegance with the most amazing view out the window of the Glacier!.

The bar at the front is nice and quiet in the evening. The rooms are incredible especially the suites. With stand alone bath tubs, fireplaces and great views. TV's are a little small but you will not be watching them!

Food is incredible and the Chef superb and the staff really do everything in the most professional and friendly manner.

The Pool, Spa and Fitness suite are jaw dropping. The pool with its high ceilings, pool side bar and the fantastic Saunas upstairs are worth the cost per night on their own.

Breakfast is top class European breakfast with Champagne as part of the spread! Super location in the centre of the village.

I can honestly say this is magical in every way. It feels like you are a friend from the time you walk through the door.

Room Tip: Glacier View rom. The fitness Suites are amazing.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Nether Alderley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Food, spa and accommodation good. Service appalling.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

lovely hotel, made to feel very welcome and nothing was to much trouble. lovely clean room. food delicious and always excellent choice. the italian and thai restaurants very good also. breakfast spread was amazing, and even had a glass of bubbly on the last morning of our holiday included with breakfast.. nice central position in town, easy access to cable cars and buses to get around.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Very nice hotel in the middle of Saas-Fee with fantastic views of the mountains. Great pool and gym (and event hall, a large indoor sports hall). The service and friendliness offered by the staff was outstanding. We had a nice large room with a fire-place ! Since Saas-Fee is rather small and crowded with young skiiers and snowboarders, the noise from the (car free) streets at night can be disturbing.
Food was ok (it was included in the half-board price. Coffee can improve and also the omlette at breakfast was too salty and over cooked.
Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Just returned from Saas Fee. The fact that 25% of the reviews of this hotel are either poor or terrible confirms our experience.Some of the staff clearly try hard and the physical facilities are attractive where the whole deal goes wrong is if you actually ask someone to get something done.
The front desk was unable to deal with basic requests or queries both by phone or email before we arrived and in resort in person. It was always someone elses responsibility who wasnt there.
I requested a meeting with the owner on arrival to raise some of my conserns. Eventually he appeared when I was checking out. He failed to introduce himself and just assumed should know who he was. He made no attempt whatsoever to appologise for the failures in responding to emails or phone requests and just suggested that mistakes happen and I should not use them as an attempt to get my bill reduced ...
In spite of calling the hotel from Vist to advise of our arrival time we were kept waiting over 25 minutes at the bus station for the hotel taxi , the owner dismissed this again no appology , his excuse was that there are delays at heathrow airport ...
When I pointed out that the Riffelalp in Zermatt actually take the trouble to indentify their arriving guests at the station he just wandered off.
The fact that my wife had spent the previous night in Visp hospital with a broken wrist was of no consern to him and he expressed no empathy whatsoever towards her plight or towards the clerical and admin difficulties I faced dealing with this and in which the hotel provided no help or assistance wharsoever , they didnt even appear to know how to get luggage sent in advance to geneva airport.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

As managing director of Ski Line I'm lucky enough to stay in many excellent hotels in ski resorts around the world , I was invited to this hotel by Inghams for a jolly along with a few of my competitors, Richard from Ski Solutions, Tony from Direct Line skiing, Emma from Holsworthy and Richard from Iglu.

We stayed in the Alpensuite rooms which are newly completed suites in the new wing, the rooms are very comfortable with open plan bathrooms, so perhaps only ideal for couples. Although the other rooms had traditional bathroom arrangements. As I'm sure most will know Saas Fee is a car free resort, all the hotels have electric vehicles to get you to and from the slopes, a service which ran very well indeed, we had to catch a train on our last afternoon so stopped on the slopes and rang the hotel to pick us up, it was waiting for us by the time we reached the village.

The staff are very attentive and the food was fantastic, we enjoyed a six course evening meal on the nights we stayed which I believe is the standard menu for all guests. The cheese board one night consisted of 98 different cheeses.

The hotels spa has everything you would expect from a 5* hotel with a beautiful pool, a selection of steam and saunas and hot tub. Although I didn't have a massage the treat rooms looked very upmarket and I spoke to another guest who said his massage was very good.

The bar was very well stocked with my favourite tipple, whiskey and the choice available of all brands was impressive. Early evening a pianist was playing in the bar with lots of comfy sofa's for guests. I'd defiantly recommend this hotel to my clients.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ferienart Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!