“excellent food and presentation” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Pontresina
Cuisines: Swiss
london
“excellent food and presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This restaurant can be easily missed as one walks or drives pass on the main road of pontresina which would be a great shame. The tables are made of the local light wood and it feels cosy but at the same time light and spacious.
The Tuscan olive oil was an indicator of the high quality of the food to come. We had meat and various pasta dishes. The artichoke ravioli were delicious but so were the spinach dumplings. There was also a separate menu with dishes which all included truffle in one way or another.
The wine list was good and I can recommend the Sardinian wine. The vegetables and salads were good but less impressive than in other Swiss restaurants although the waiter mixed the dressing in front of us.
Desserts were varied and we tried the crepes and the apricot strudel with vanilla sauce, both were beautifully presented with berries. The service was efficient, friendly and not obtrusive.
All in all it was a wonderful meal, especially if you like Italian food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Wonderful in every aspect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I ate here by myself--felt very comfortable and had a wonderful meal. The place is simple and elegant, with waiters serving in a somewhat formal but friendly manner. Because I asked several detailed questions about the menu and the waiter's English vocabulary was limited, a hotel staff came in to help. (This place in in the Mullen Hotel.) He came back several times throughout the meal to make sure I am doing fine and to ask if I have additional questions.

The food is fantastic, perhaps the best on my 10-day trip. You have to try their local Pinot Noir--very refreshing and lively. You can't get it anywhere else as they don't export it.

If this place is near where I live I will be eating there frequently.

• Visited August 2013
England
“Fantastic dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We tried the Stuva restaurant of Hotel Müller as our hotel allowed us to choose an optional dinner elsewhere as part of our half-board package. Although we had only good things to say about our hotel (Rosatsch) we are still very happy to have gone to the Müller.

The décor was rustic-elegant, blond wood panels and warm light, and we were treated like royals. Alpine atmosphere, but sophisticated.

Like in our hotel, the choice of dishes was exquisite. We couldn’t fault anything: the food was simply scrumptious - some of which was prepared in front of us -, the wine (from Apulia, Italy) extraordinary, the staff very friendly but professional, going out of their way to satisfy every uttered and unuttered request we may have. Among other things, for instance, they noticed my longing looks at the sabayon being served at the next table, and two minutes later I saw one being presented to me! One of the best sabayons I’d ever had!

We just didn’t want to leave… Very highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Great italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The place is wonderful ; warm atmosphere, small place typical Engadin decor, friendly and attentive service, on the main street in Pontresina in Hotel Muller.
We've been there several times over the last few years and it has been consistently excellent.

• Visited March 2013