.. it's OK particularly if you manage to get a good deal (85 EUR with Breakfast).
- Location: Just perfect - it's located on the main street (it's essentially a walking street..therefore quiet) with all restaurants, swimming pools etc.. within 5 min max. walking distance. Nevertheless, note that this street is approx 10-15 min from the train station (but you do have bus connections).
- Staff: Receptionists were very friendly, chatty and efficient during check-in/check-out.
- Sheets, bed linen and bathroom were clean.
Not so good points:
- No magnetic cards..still using bulky keys. Note that staff was not always present at the reception (but joinable via internal phone) and the board holding all the keys is within "arm-distance" from the reception desk. Preferred to keep keys with me all time.
- No safe deposit inside the room
- Lovely reception and dining room areas (1st floor) but 2nd to 4th floor and (single-) room decorations require some upgrade. Really old-fashioned. Floor carpet could also require some replacement.
- Bathroom has got no fan or window (i.e. humidity gets into the room after a shower).
- No free Wifi - shouldn't that be standard stuff in a 3* Hotel ?
- Breakfast : Buffet style offering usual continental pastries.. Selection is OK .. a bit on the basic side: 4-5 choices of bread, croissants, muesli, eggs, ham, cheese, jam and yoghurt and some fruits and that's basically it.
In a nutshell: I find it hard to criticize that Hotel given the 85 EUR I paid for it.. But if I had to pay much more, I'd look around first for other deals before re-booking it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Schweizerhof is located in the heart of pontresina! where the sun kisses the bar until late at night with a beautiful view on the Roseg Glacier. Opposite is the BELLAVITA pool with outdoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi and one internal. Deck chairs are available for sunbathing.Our Piemonte restaurant offers typical high quality Italian dishes.Our wellness center on the first floor offers ,sauna ,Turkish bath with Jacuzzi after your sport activity.Come the Schweizerhof pontresina! Staff will welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Pontresina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.