“When In Nyon, Go to Quai 23!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Tarpon Springs, FL
“When In Nyon, Go to Quai 23!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a drink when we arrived in Nyon. We sat at the bar because all the tables were reserved. After a little while, our bartender offered us a plate of baked pizza dough sprinkled with spices for a little nibble. It was quite delicious. We asked if there was any availability for dinner, but they said no. We were getting ready to leave to go someplace else for dinner when they suddenly found us a spot at a very nice table.

I ordered the mushroom risotto. My husband had pizza. Tell you what: the mushroom risotto was absolutely fantastic! One of the best I've ever had! It was creamy and perfectly cooked. There were big shaved slices of parmesan on top. There was arugula sprinkled on it. Spectacular. A small salad came with it. My husband ordered the pizza and a goat cheese salad. He enjoyed the thin crust pizza and salad immensely. Our server, although very busy, was gracious, helpful and patient with our slight language barrier.

We were so impressed, that the second night we went back. Again - no availability, all reserved. But then, our friendly server recognized us and again, made a table for us! This time, it was right in front of the window overlooking Lake Geneva! Again, I had the mushroom risotto and my husband had pizza and goat cheese salad. Again, we had wine. Again, our server was wonderful.

My husband had planned to meet with a client from Nyon. He asked the client to suggest a place for dinner. Without knowing that we had been to Quai 23 the previous two evenings, he suggested Quai 23! (Again, I had risotto, my husband pizza and goat cheese salad, wine, and a great server).

Yes, Quai 23 is consistently good. The atmosphere is casual. Reservations strongly recommended :) By the way, we are advised that the other menu items are also delicious.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

York, UK
“Better than au quai!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Sorry for the awful pun!

A lively Italian just over the road from (and with views of) the lake. Service by a young team, the impression was of a degree of chaos but things kept on arriving in the right place at the right time. My party of 6 ranged over the menu with pizzas, filet de perche, salads and lasagne and all pronounced themselves satisfied.

The restaurant was quite noisy on a busy Sunday evening and might not hit the
Spot for a romantic evening for two.but with very good prices for switzerland quai23 is well worth a visit

Visited June 2013
Switzerland
“Nice atmosphere, low prices, medium service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Like the place and the atmosphere.
No frills. Good music.
Good for a drink during the day or for casual lunch/dinner.
Nice view on the lake but outdoor seating is almost on the road.
Good food including pizzas but service can be very slow and disorganized
check your bill... (but very often they forgot to charge items...)

Visited March 2013
New Delhi, India
“good food, informal and friendly ambience, slow service, nice views of lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have been here a couple of times and always enjoyed the food as well as the friendly atmosphere with good music. Its right on the road next to the lake and the location could not be better. I had a salmon with salad and the others had pizza and calzone - all the food was good. Service is rather slow and it seems that the place is perennially understaffed (have been in peak of summer and on a Monday evening in winter as well). We were kind of begging for someone to get us the bill!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“bad service and horrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I ordered niochi gorgonzola and they were not cooked ! I sent them back and were still horrible when they came back !

The service was horrible and slow and I had to get up and pay to be able to leave.

I will not be going back

• Visited March 2013