“Beyond any expectations, a hard to find amazing B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Sanluca
Chemin des Cottages 6, Nyon, Nyon District 1260, Switzerland   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Nyon B&B and Inns
Bergamo
“Beyond any expectations, a hard to find amazing B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at Villa Sanluca for 6 nights during a trade show in Geneva. Knowing the region and its beauty I looked around to see if I could make my stay a little different than the usual hotel stay.
I was looking for a place where I could unwind after the show hours in a familiar fashion, sort of being home when far from home.
When I saw Villa Sanluca on booking.com and looked at the website I felt like this B&B was the case I've looking for.
Well, I was perfectly right. Thanks to the magistral friendly atmosphere created by Sandra and Lukas (the owners) I didn't simply "stay" in Nyon but I truly "lived" there.
The Villa is a wonderful 1910 building in a quiet neighborhood with a joyful and colorful garden, a nice veranda and a patio. The living room is so inviting that I enjoyed every superb breakfasts Sandra prepared. My room was the Oriental style one, perfectly decorated, very spacious and extremely conformable.
Even my colleagues that live in Nyon were impressed by my finding which they knew nothing about.
I will go back again next year for the same show.
Thank you Sandra and Lukas for such a great experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Villa Sanluca is a large traditional 3 storey Swiss house which has been very cleverly and attractively converted to accommodate B&B guests. The top storey consists of 3 large ensuite bedrooms, the second storey is the living quarters for the owners and the ground floor is an area where guests can relax and also have breakfast. We stayed four nights and found our room extremely comfortable. Everywhere is beautifully furnished. Breakfast also deserves a mention - freshly prepared fruit and different local breads every morning. The location of Villa Sanluca is perhaps not ideal if you don’t have a car, but it is not impossible. Nyon is around 3km away. For us the hotel location was ideal to explore the areas around Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva (16 mins by train!).
Thank you to Sandra & Lukas for their hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here on the 13th Feb for one night as we were attending a Travel Fair close by.The Taxi driver didn't even know it was there(and he was a local).Yes it is out the way but it was VERY quiet.We arrived in the evening and was welcomed by Lukas who is the owner,he made us very welcome and showed us to our room which was on the 2nd floor(by the way theres only 3 bedrooms).On the landing is the refreshment area with tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge filled with soft drinks,wine and champagne which you can help yourself to.Also snacks.We sayed in the PARFUM D'ORIENT room.As you walk in there is a double bed with canopy over it to the left is a seating made of cushions and a bath on claw feet at the end with shower and a seperate toilet behind a partitioned wall.On the desk is an information book about the hotel and other places in the area.They have a tv and hairdryer extra blankets,towels and lots of shower gels shampoo etc.
Breakfast starts at 7.30 and a typical Swiss breakfast with mueisli,cereal,hams,cheese,a plate of fresh fruit etc so dont expect an English fry up!! This was set up by Sandra(Lukas wife),who too was very nice and welcoming nothing was too much trouble.Outside is a reasonable size swimming pool which was empty for the winter months and a lovely garden which I imagine looks better in summer as the snow covered most of it.We walked to the centre of town which took us about 20 mins the train station is 15 mins.The Airport is about 30mins away

Room Tip: Parfum D'Orient has a bath the others only a shower
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed at Villa Sanluca for three nights in April 2011. All the hotels we looked at in Geneva were ridiculously over-priced, so opted for Nyon instead. Although we had a rental car, we took the train from Nyon to Geneva for the day, which was very easy, fast, and convenient. The train station was walking distance from the hotel.

Villa Sanluca was lovely, quiet, and comfortable, with attentive hosts and a delicious breakfast each morning. Toiletries were provided; the bed was very firm and comfortable; and the room itself was well-appointed and charming. The WiFi was complimentary and worked without any trouble.

The downtown part of Nyon (the waterfront) is a bit far away, but if you have rental car, it's a five-minute drive, and we found very nice meals for dinner each night. The overall stay was very restful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

A most excellent place to stay. A beautiful villa and perfect hosts. The breakfast was delicious. N.B. We booked through Booking.com. and had to pay £30 more for B & B than if we had booked direct with the villa. We were not pleased with the booking agent and although complained received no response.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is a charming B&B with very friendly hosts. My bed was very comfortable and breakfast was delicious. The pool area was beautiful, although closed because it was February. I appreciated the free wifi and the chocolate bar. It would be particularly good for travellers with a car because it's a long walk into Nyon to see the sites or eat. There is a bus line that goes past it, but I chose to walk.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Hotel prices are expensive in Switzerland and we actually just needed one night in town as we moved out of our apartment but needing to be around the next morning for the exit inspection. Don't get me wrong, the price, even at this B&B wasn't cheap, but the hotels on the waterfront were much higher and for us it worked out to be closer to our apartment.

We didn't spend too much time there, arriving about 5pm, but it is really a lovely house (if we ever move back to Switzerland I would love to have something just like it) and great gardens/pool area.

The room was stocked with everything you could need as far as toilettries, towels (also for the pool), desk area with internet info, etc. I sat by the pool for a while which was really nice and my husband had to do a call for work upstairs, so having the internet was really convenient.

The host was so nice. We were used to Swiss people being a bit more stand-offish, but she was great. While we speak some French, we ended up speaking English and she speaks very well. She showed us to the room, told us about the house code and in the hallway of the rooms there's even free little snacks and a mini-bar with drinks (i think there is a charge for these). There were also chocolates by the bed.

My 2 favorite parts of the stay are the general decor, both of the house itself and of our room. Everything was so cute, very nicely done, very nice bathrooms (huge shower, clearly had been updated recently). It was just what we were looking for. The other great part was the breakfast. You could smell it from upstairs and it was excellent, especially since it felt like we were the only ones staying there. There was freshly baked bread and croissants (at least 4 different kinds of bread), meats, cheeses, yogurt, fresh fruit (figs, berries, etc), lots of different jams, tea, and excellent coffee my husband said. Everything was great.

The only downfalls of this place are that the price is still quite high (but I still consider it good value for Switzerland, just not compared to similar accommodation elsewhere) and the bed was really firm, definitely not the most comfortable. I would still highly recommend this place though and I will stay here again if we ever make it back to our old town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Sanluca? Share your experiences!