We spend two nights during Valentine weekend of February 2008. We booked a junior suite that was quite nice and spacious. Here are remarks on this hotel:
* Room: we got a nicely furnished room in one of the corners of the hotel with a balcony. We had a great view on the lake but also a view on the roof of the restaurant. The big room had a dressing, flat screen TV, DVD player and other fancy stuff what was a bit in contradiction with the ancient furniture of a “manoir”.
* Restaurant: the different dishes are of variable quality but still quite good so no complaints on this. Decoration for Valentine evening was nice! Breakfast buffet was small, but good in quality. You can order other stuff from the menu like scrambled eggs etc.
* Hotel: the hotel itself is a huge manoir that is part of the Relais & Chateaux chain. It is situated outside the town of Morat so very quiet. It has a lot of parking space.
We did not like:
* Reception staff: no one proposed to take our luggage into the room. Also, when checking-out, the lady preferred to interrupt our conversation and to answer the phone and let us wait for more than 5 minutes. Quite unacceptable as they used to have 2 reception staff.
* Heating: they opened the hotel only for this Valentine weekend in February. As it was still winter, the room was really freezing and we had to ask for an extra mobile heater to get some heat. Other clients had the same problem and someone had to come the next day to fix the heating. So bye-bye our romantic Valentine weekend. At the end of our stay, they offered us without asking a reduction on the total price as the hotel got serious heating problems. Now these accidents can happen, but this is a 5-star hotel so these kinds of troubles are unacceptable, especially during a romantic holiday.
* Bathroom: spacious but too empty and not decorated. No door for the shower, very few towels and very limited soap, shampoo, etc. The Jacuzzi was alright however. It was a big bathroom but with no charm.
* Restaurant: again, as they opened for this weekend only, the personnel was much stressed and there was no question of dining quietly. They did their best, but again, it failed a bit.
* No pool, no wellness or spa area.
Our overall impression: overpriced considering the problems and delivered services. It could be linked to the fact that the hotel just opened and that the staff was not yet fully “up & running”. But, this is a 5-star Relais & Chateaux so only the best is good enough. Except for the location and the nice mansion, we rate it as a very good 4-star hotel with a good restaurant. It is maybe better in the summer…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glamping at La Pinte du Vieux Manoir. Outdoor experiences in luxurious style.La Pinte du Vieux Manoir lies right next to Lake Murten. Its facilities include a four-room lake house with private sauna, barbecue spot and private lake access, a tree house – an exclusive lakeside dwelling on stilts suspended among the treetops – and a raft that serves as a peaceful island retreat. ‘Glamping’ is celebrated here: the fusion of glamour and camping. Guests can enjoy exceptional outdoor experiences, without having to do away with luxury altogether. This pioneering ‘retreat’ is managed by Maître de Maison Franz W. Faeh, who presents also his eclectic cuisine in the restaurant ‘La Pinte du Vieux Manoir’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your La Pinte du Vieux Manoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pinte Du Vieux Manoir Switzerland/Meyriez