“convenient location and pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place de la Gare 4, Vevey 1800, Switzerland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Vevey
India
“convenient location and pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is right opposite to the train station!! I stayed here for one night for business. The room was huge compared to many Swiss hotels I have stayed at, spotlessly clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and huge as well. I called up the hotel to make sure that I will not be troubled because of late check-in, but the check-in was 24hrs. The room had a small kitchen with all amenities for cooking, which will be great for long business stay. The staff was very polite and helpful. The hotel restaurant was quite good. My only complaint was internet with limited speed otherwise I would love to come back to this hotel every time I have to visit vevey.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AstraVevey, General Manager at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear estimated Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay at the Astra Hotel Vevey.

I am delighted to read that our location, our facilities and services met your expectations.

Please be assured that your comment on the free WiFi access is well noted. This very valuable piece of information will help us to improve our offer on that matter.

I am hoping that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

With my best regards,

Manager and owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here only one night for business purposes. The check-in was fast and the concierge was friendly and professional. The room was perfectly tidy and clean. It was already late so I ate dinner at the restaurant, I tried pasta Diabola or something like that which was not very good although the waitress was really friendly.

There is unlimited internet connection in the room and it works perfectly, also you can enjoy a variety of TV channels in different languages so you won't get bored. By the way, the bed was really really comfortable!! The breakfast is included and it is very good; the restaurant is small and the staff was really worry to provide a good service and they did it indeed. I had to leave the hotel early in the morning for a meeting so I asked them to keep my luggage and they agreed without hesitation; I collected my suitcase in the afternoon.

The hotel is located just in front of the train station. It was a nice experience and I will definitely stay in this hotel again if I need to stay in Vevey.

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our property and our team.

It is always a pleasure to see that our crew is appreciated and our services met your expectations.

I am really sorry the Pasta Diavola does not satisfy you. Thank you very much to take the time to mention it, what help us to improve the quality of our products.

I really hope to welcome you again soon at the Astra Hotel Vevey.

With my best regards,

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed in the Astra Hotel for business purposes. This is the second time staying there, and I chose it due to location which is extremely convenient, next to the rail station and a walking distance away from my work. Overall it is a down to earth type of establishment focusing on what matters. Very polite staff, excellent quality of breakfast and a comfortable and clean room left me with a good impression. The hotel offered free wifi, which is one of the amenities I want in the hotels I choose. I would stay again, should my work requires me too.

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments about Astra Hotel Vevey.

I am very happy to hear that our location, staff, breakfast buffet, rooms and WiFi connexion met your expectations.

The whole team of the Astra Hotel Vevey thank you and hope to welcome you again soon.

Pilling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at the Astra as part of a group holiday with Great Rail Journeys, a first class family run hotel who know how to look after their guests. Spotlessly clean rooms, excellent food whether as a group meal or al a carte in the restaurant. A good sign was lots of locals eating in the restaurant which specialises in seafood. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a little cold to sample the rooftop jacuzzi but it looked like a great spot to relax after a sightseeing excursion. A short walk takes you through a shopping street to the shore of Lake Geneva where you can take a leisurely stroll or venture further along to Montreux.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AstraVevey, General Manager at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear estimated Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our exquisite location in Vevey, our food and our services.

I thank you for your positive comments and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Aix-en-Provence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellant, professional, polite staff. The room was immaculate, comfortable, chic and so comfortable. The restaurant was excellant. This is obviously an establishment where the management are hands on day today. They want you to enjoy your stay. Bravo!

Room Tip: Stay here, it's wonderful
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear estimated Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about Astra Hotel Vevey.

Your comment will be shared with the whole team.

I hope to welcome you soon.

With my warm regards,

essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I spent a week at this family run hotel over Christmas. It is ideally situated close to the railway station and a short walk from the lake, shops and restaurants. The hotel premises appear well maintained and, throughout our stay, we found the Reception staff to be friendly and helpful.

We were staying in one of their junior suites which comprised twin beds, a seating area with settee and armchair, two bathrooms and a small working area with desk. Décor was immaculate and all the usual amenities were available.

Breakfast was typically continental and there was a good selection of fruit, pastries, cereals and cheeses.

We ate several other meals in the hotel. All our meals were of high quality and the service was excellent.

As can be seen from other contributions, there have been problems with internet access and cost. Free WIFI is now available although, towards the end of our stay, the hotel ran out of access vouchers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear estimated Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Hotel and restaurant.
It is always a pleasure to see that our service and food is appreciated and met your expectations.
Regarding the no availibity of the free access card for the WiFi network, I really do apologize for that. We have now an improved system and will not running out of card during the stay of our guests.
I really hope to welcome you again soon at the Astra Hotel Vevey.

Beverly, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just returned from an enjoyable stay at the Astra, which is one block from Lake Geneva. The room size was adequate and sparkling clean. Despite being in the heart of the city, it was very quiet in the room, and the breakfast included many different types of pastries, yogurt, fruit and cheeses. As other travelers have mentioned, getting internet service was a bit painful, but once in place was fine. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: be sure to request a non-smoking room, if this is important to you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AstraVevey, General Manager at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear estimated Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and our buffet breakfast in Astra Hotel Vevey.

I do apologize regarding the free internet access, we still work very hard to bring the best setup to our guests with our internet provider Swisscom.

We thank you for your positive comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Christophe Ming

Manager and owner

Been to Astra Hotel Vevey? Share your experiences!