We stayed in a 1-bed Suite at the centrally located 4-star Silvretta Park Hotel for a week over Xmas. For skiers the Gotschnabahn Gondola up to the slopes was an easy 5 min walk up a hill from the hotel, and a shuttle bus for learners going to the gentle sundrenched Madrisa slopes 10mins away up the valley went from outside the hotel.
The accommodation was great, we had two good sized rooms for us and our 5 and 2yo daughters, both with two single beds pushed together and separate duvets, separated by a spacious foyer so there were two doors between each room and you could come and go without disturbance, and there was plenty of closet space.
The master bedroom had a wall mounted flat screen TV, and bathroom with toilet and sink/bath/shower, the other room had a bathroom with toilet/sink/shower only. We tried the shower in this bathroom but the curtain leaked water all over the floor so we stuck to the shower in the other bathroom... The main room where we were had another TV, small stereo to play CD's on and small kitchenette with a dining table and chairs in the main room where we slept, that also had a balcony off it. The beds and pillows were v. comfy , the sheets 100% cotton, and we all slept well! The curtains don't have blackout lining however, which is not an issue in the winter but might be in the summer if your kids like to get up with the sun.
We stayed on half-board basis and didn't need or use the kitchenette for anything except the fridge which contained a small assortment of beverages (beer, soft drinks, water, wine which were supplied gratis but not replaced when consumed) and apart from a few plates, cups and saucers no other cutlery or food prep. equipment was supplied so the full-size cooker and oven and dishwasher were rather superfluous.
The buffet Breakfast was served until 10am with plenty of variety for the fussiest of adults or children (mine were just happy to discover the Coco Pops) and you could have eggs, waffles or an omelette cooked to order as well. The dinner Buffet was open from 6.30p although the childrens selections were available at 6pm if you wanted to feed them earlier. Our Half-board tariff included the Buffet dinner every night (and was excellent) but if you wanted to dine at the other two restaurants in the Hotel (One served Fondue and Raclette, the other was Italian influenced) you got a 25CHF per head toward the cost of your meal from either of these places.
We were surprised by the mixed Tripadvisor reviews for this Hotel and you may not be so impressed if you're staying there without children. But we had no complaints, we found the staff wonderful, and after the first evening when they realised we had kids with us our table had colouring pencils and printouts to colour in every night we dined in. There is is also lovely room set aside for the kids club located next to the Fondu and Raclette restaurant, which is roomy and well equipped and includes a curtained-off shaded nook filled with cushions for naps. We didn't use the swimming pool and the time I visited it (late afternoon) it was deserted with just a few people in the hot tub.
We would definitely return to this hotel as a family. The 1-bed Suite suited us very well, as a family. Its has a lovely location directly across from the park containing a playground, iceskating rink, swimming pool (open in summer) and cross-country skiing trails and we had the most wonderful Xmas ski holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silvretta Parkhotel has joined the select ranks of Klosters’ four star hotels. With a total of 190 beds in 95 rooms and suites, it is one of the largest and best equipped hotels in the town and the Prättigau region.Elegant, uncomplicated hospitality is our motto. The relaxed atmosphere is designed to make you feel at home. Our family-run hotel is the ideal place, whether you are an active individualist, a lover of good food and drink or just in search of peace and quiet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Silvretta Parkhotel Klosters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silvretta Parkhotel Klosters Hotel Klosters
- Silvretta Parkhotel Hotel Klosters
- Klosters Silvretta Parkhotel Hotel