“A great place to stay despite the distance to the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Chavannes De Bogis

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Chavannes De Bogis to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Chavannes De Bogis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Les Champs Blancs, Chavannes-de-Bogis, Nyon District CH-1279, Switzerland   |
Hotel deals
Brasilia
“A great place to stay despite the distance to the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay in this hotel due to a symposium that was held there. The hotel is located in a beautiful region. It's comfortable, clean, good restaurant, pleasant breakfast, and very nice staff. The only issue is the distance and accessibility to the city of Geneva. You stay dependent on the hotel shuttle that can pick you up or drop you off at the airport or at two other places. I didn't have problem with it. But once I had to find a phone to reschedule because I wasn't feeling good during a city tour and I'd decided to go back to hotel earlier than I had booked the shuttle.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fast access from the airport with free shuttle service and pleasant location with distant views of Lake Geneva and the Alps. A bit of traffic noise but it still feels like one is in the countryside despite being so close to the city. Service was generally good and food fine, although breakfast was not up to much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake; the alternative is a view of the car park which is much less...
Hamburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Old Hotel with poor design. Service is weak. Staff at reception does in most cases only speak french. Food is not tasty and service inexperienced. Breakfast is not pleasant at all. Coffee self service. One coffee machine for the breakfast room. Mostly out of order due to too many people wishing espresso.

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Been here on business trip with a large group of colleagues. We attended an internal meeting that took place here for 3 days. I got a standard single room, typical European, small but very clean, nothing special to say about it. Wi fi did not work at all for my entire stay (probably because it was free), nice tv, very clean bathroom, free large parking, nice service, very fast check in and check out, very good breakfast. It was ok but would not be on my list for future trips in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Initially, I booked Best Western Hotel Chavannes de Bogis with flight as part of a three-day medical conference via Lastminute.com. On Check-in, I was assigned a room on the first floor with views of the concrete parking lot and fire escape. I was very disappointed as I specifically requested a room with lake view on booking; my whole reason for choosing this particular hotel in the first place. So then I requested for a room change but was told in a flippant manner by the stuck up Concierge/ Receptionist looking down at me over his glasses that the lake is there beyond the car park over the hedge (!!!) and that a room change was possible but with an upgrade fee of 50 CHF per night. I agreed to pay the extra as I did not want to ruin my entire stay there. I returned the original key-card and he remarked `so you don't want it now huh?' The upgraded room was again on the first floor but at least it had glimpses of the lake and garden on either sides of a dense circular pine tree.

Come dinner time, I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant as I checked out the menu on-line a few weeks previously and it seemed to offer a good choice of dishes. I waited to be seated at the entrance of the Bistro which led to the Restaurant itself. I stood there hoping to be acknowledged for at least 5 minutes in full view of the other dinners. Under normal circumstances I would have left and gone elsewhere but after a long day travelling, I just wanted have a decent meal and retire. In the end, a fellow dinner (part of a couple) could not stand the way I was ignored and actually instructed the waitress to seat me. The blonde waitress then pointed me to a table in the Bistro section and gave me the bar menu which consisted mainly of soup, salad, pasta and burgers. This was not the menu I saw on-line so I asked to eat in the Restaurant instead. The waitress replied `just you?' and gave me the a-la-carte menu and pointed back me to my table in the bistro. I did not want to argue at this point as I was tired so I settled to read the menu. The same gentleman who instructed the waitress to acknowledge me saw what happened and came over to inform me after they settled for their meal that they were disgusted with the way I was treated and that they didn't have good service either throughout their meal. He kindly informed me that he complained on my behave and that I should expect a free meal that night! What a hero!!!

At breakfast next morning when I have settled down to eat the buffet style Continental Breakfast. I was confronted by the same waitress from the previous evening waving a reserved sign at me `Fifa! Fifa!' I realised the entire section of the window side tables had been reserved for a Fifa football team. So I apologised and moved to the other side of the restaurant.

On the last morning of my stay, the same waitress came over and told me my room came only with `Express Breakfast' which consisted of tea/coffee and a croissant and was served in the Bar area; a separate room down the corridor with no natural daylight. I replied my booking says I am entitled to Continental Breakfasts. She then left me to call and report me to Reception. So when I came to check out, I was questioned by the Receptionist as to why I was eating Continental Breakfast in the Restaurant. Fortunately I had my booking print-out with me which clearly says my booking includes Continental Breakfasts and that I never heard of `Express Breakfast'. Also that I was not aware that different classes of breakfasts were served in different parts of the hotel. In the end he relented when I reminded him I actually upgraded from Standard to a Superior room.

Summing up, I hated my stay there. The service is unwelcoming, rude and snooty especially if you are not white/French-speaking. I never felt more home sick and I wish never to stay there again even if it's the last place with a room in town.

Dr Maria M.

Room Tip: Make sure you have your booking print out with you to avoid any confusions as to what you are entitl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I, plus our dog, spent the month of February 2014 in an appartment on the 4th floor. We have nothing but praise for the hotel in general, the personnel at reception, in the restaurants and the room service and cleaning. The location is ideal with stupendous views of the lake of Geneva, especially at the upper floors. The fitness room is convenient and well-kept.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN C, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Chavannes De Bogis, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken time to share your experience among us last February.

We are pleased to read that you've appreciated our renovations and new amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you again !

The General Management
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Essentially a modern business/conference/transit hotel plonked beside the Geneva to Lausanne motorway at the edge of a residential development. It's well maintained and has all the facilites you would expect of such a hotel - rooms are well appointed with good bathrooms and a vast range of satellite TV channels though traffic noise can impinge. Restaurants and bars are good if expensive and the staff are all very friendly and keen to help. Used the free minibus links to the airport and Coppet railway station which worked well. Great views of Lake Geneva across the neighbouring vineyards and orchards towards Mont Blanc on the non-motorway side of the hotel. The Chavannes Retail Centre is a 10/15 minute walk on the other side of the motorway.

Room Tip: Request a room on the south side to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thanks for having taken time to share your feedback and we are pleased to read your global satisfaction regarding your last stay among us.

At the beginning of the year, we have finished the last part of our renovations.
The latter have also included all our bedrooms. In addition to a new regulated air-conditioning, a new bed and a new contemporary style, we’ve have made a great focus on the soundproofing. That’s why we are quite surprised with your comment about the noise.

Last but not least, good to read you’ve appreciated our restaurant. Our prices are in line with similar restaurants in the Geneva area but can appear as more expensive compared to other regions.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next stay in the Geneva region.

The General Management

Been to BEST WESTERN Chavannes De Bogis? Share your experiences!