We stayed here 2 nights before Christmas 2012, while skiing in the area.
We had a room in the Villa Silvana, which is their 4 star facility located near the main building in the beautiful park. The room was very spacious, with high ceilings and a large bathroom. There is an underground tunnel from there to the spa facilities, which comes in very handy of course. The spa itself is wonderful with its heated outdoor pool and several saunas and hammams.
We had dinner in the Rotonda (main restaurant - very good) one evening, and in the Curler's Pub the other (the only facility not quite deserving of the 5 star rating, as the chinese fondue didn't meet the quality of the food from the previous night).
The staff are all very friendly and welcoming, as you would expect from this kind of place. One special perk is the free hotel shuttle to and from the ski resort, which saves the hassle of walking to and waiting for the public bus.
Overall, we spent an amazingly relaxing couple of days here, and would definitely like to come back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the biggest hotel park in Switzerland, a unique variety of offering await you – for summer and ski vacations with family and friends or simply for a quiet weekend for two. Our guest houses the Grand Hotel Waldhaus (member of «The Leading Hotels of the World»), Chalet Belmont and Villa Silvana offer approximately 150 rooms & suites in various design styles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hotel Waldhaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldhaus Flims, Mountain Hotel Flims
- Waldhaus Flims, Mountain Resort And Spa