“Great place if you want a traditional hotel, with nice spa and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TOP Hotel Vorab

You added TOP Hotel Vorab to your Saves list
TOP Hotel Vorab
Hauptstrasse, Flims CH-70, Switzerland   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Flims
london
“Great place if you want a traditional hotel, with nice spa and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been here many times and it has got increasingly better and better. The restaurant is very good, the spa very nice, rooms are cosy and have all you need for a skiing holiday. We had pizza and is nicest had in a while. It is a 10min walk to the lift, but the laax bus is directly opposite if you need. WiFi worked perfectly, breakfast is good, the fondue does smell a bit, but what do you expect from a fondue!. Great place, good value and nice service we will be back

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

My grandparents used to go here when they were young and my parents always stayed at this hotel and I am staying here currently.

It's had always been great service and amazing food. I suggest always to get half board. It's great and you get a five course meal every night and also dinner voucher to use at the fondue restaurant, the pizzeria an meat fondue. Always yummy.

The rooms have been renovated and are really modern.

The only thing I don't like is the glass door to the bathroom. It's not very private and you can hear everything. It's a personal preference I think.

The best thing is the uninstructed view of Signina and the valley and the close proximity to all the shops and the ski lifts.

• Stayed December 2012
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

We came to Flims for a long weekend of snowboarding and skiing and chose this hotel as it was by far the cheapest option, included free parking and was just a five minute walk to the ski lift.
At three-star level, it's not a luxury hotel but the rooms, although basic, are clean and provide everything you need when you're on an active holiday. I'm totally shocked by the previous review about the receptionists being rude - all of the staff at the hotel were really friendly, helpful and polite during our stay.
The inclusive breakfast is really great, lots of healthy options as well as a big selection of fantastic local cheeses and freshly baked breads and pastries.
The spa is basic but offers two saunas, a steam room and a jacuzzi. As there are a lot of European/German visitors, there's a lot of nudity in the spa, which may put some people off.
The Italian restaurant, which forms part of the hotel, is fantastic. Great pasta and pizza, especially after a busy day on the slopes.
The only negative aspect of the hotel was that the fondue restaurant really stank the whole hotel out and in the communal areas there was a strong smell of cheese.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a short break in Flims. The location is brilliant, really close to the ski lift and bars and restaurants, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms are basic but clean and overall it offers good value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

nice hotel with a few rooms right opposite of the Flims Bus station.

The waitress forgot to bring me coffee in the morning (nobody came and ask me if I would like to drink something) but otherwise it was a nice experience.
The food on the breakfast buffet was all right but not more...
The parking behind the house is free of charge, the garage costs approx CHF 15.00

Great service is the free shuttle bus right in front of the house. This bus goes all around in the 4 neighouring villages, also during the night!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Bare with me, this is one crazy story and nothing like this has ever happened to me before.
We were there with my father to go skiing in Flims/Laax, relax and have a good time. Since the beginning, I noticed the staff there practically never smile. Even if they do, it's forced and lasts for a second.
Now here's the weird part: I complained about the wireless internet because I had problems with it with both my laptop and iphone.
The female receptionist came up to the room, just to tell me she thinks it works fine.
When I requested for a technician, saying it's a network problem and it's more complicated since it was disconnecting on random 2-10 minute intervals, she started arguing, told me off with a curseword, showed me her tongue and left. At the moment, I couldn't believe what happened, but worse was to follow! After I chased her down the hall, asking her name, she wouldn't tell or show her tag. I caught her shoulder with no aggressive force, just to see her name. She started shouting at me, attacked me, bit my arm, wrestled me and after noticing she was overpowered, she ran down the stairs. All the staff, including the manager and the owner didn't believe me (or more likely pretended so) even though I showed them the bitemarks. They called me "a little crazy" and billed my father for the full 4 nights. I have no idea what the receptionist had told them, and I insisted that the police should be called to handle the situation, but my father didn't want them to get involved, he just wanted to get out of there, and try his best not to let the events ruin the rest of our holiday. We left and we are never going to that village again, simply because of this horrible experience. I sincerely hope this review helps someone.

• Stayed January 2011
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel had awful service! The receptionist never smiles and actually the only people who did (younger women), worked at the restaurant. The smell from the fonduestube is god awful, most people can't bare it I'm sure. The location is ok, but there are hotels at better places if you're planning on hitting the slopes. The value is terrible, very high prices and very small rooms. Wouldn't recommend for anyone.

• Stayed January 2011
zichron
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We (adult+2child) stayed at the hotel for 7 nights during December 2009.
Excellent location, about 30m from the bus stop and ski shuttle.
Superb! 5-course dinner at the hotel restaurant (I recommend the halfboard, it is one of the best restaurants in town).
Noissy a little at rooms facing the main road (but not crucial).
There is a free internet, but had to low signal from our room.
Very nice sauna room, clean and comfortable rooms.

Erez Yehezkely,
Israel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to TOP Hotel Vorab? Share your experiences!